Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461228 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1078
Boat Browser really is the best Android browser. Chrome or FF Mobile are good backups over stock or Dolphin if Boat ever has rendering trouble on a site. Clunkier but sacrificing speed to view the odd page is no biggie. (Since we're having this conversation in a couple of different places.)

I never said there's anything wrong with that :right:

I don't think so either.  :)

Nothing I can say.  :zip:

Reply #1079

Boat Browser really is the best Android browser. Chrome or FF Mobile are good backups over stock or Dolphin if Boat ever has rendering trouble on a site. Clunkier but sacrificing speed to view the odd page is no biggie. (Since we're having this conversation in a couple of different places.)

I like it best. I do have Chrome as a substitute though. I never installed Dolphin to this phone. I wasn't a big fan of it.

Nothing I can say.  :zip:

:P

Reply #1080

' At the end of the year the curtain that seals our world from the underworld may be open for a mere few seconds.....

'On this joyous day, humans happily indulge themselves with feasts, festivals, and vigorous fireworks that illuminate the dark skies. Posεiδοη returns to his Kingdom after successfully guarding the veil from being exposed to the Underworld. The Kingdom of The Goδs rejoice, as Mother Earth is celebrated on this New Year's Day.' ∼Syav

Reply #1081

' At the end of the year the curtain that seals our world from the underworld may be open for a mere few seconds.....

'On this joyous day, humans happily indulge themselves with feasts, festivals, and vigorous fireworks that illuminate the dark skies. Posεiδοη returns to his Kingdom after successfully guarding the veil from being exposed to the Underworld. The Kingdom of The Goδs rejoice, as Mother Earth is celebrated on this New Year's Day.' ∼Syav

I suspect Syav has gone off his meds again...;)
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #1082
I suspect Syav has gone off his meds again... ;)

I was more likely overdosed with non-tobacco caramel flavored nicotine. :D This is what happens to someone like me when life becomes too boring. When I go to sleep, my imaginative mind began to create fantasy worlds filled with gods, demons, and magical creatures. :wizard:

I kinda miss my Opera Blog. Maybe I should create my own personal blogger and jot down all my imaginative world on it.  :idea:

Reply #1083
I suspect Syav has gone off his meds again..

Or he's taken more than the required dosage.
I kinda miss my Opera Blog. Maybe I should create my own personal blogger and jot down all my imaginative world on it.   :idea:

Why not. If it's something that interests you, then you should. It's bound to be more interesting than some of the blogs out there, that's for sure.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1084
It's bound to be more interesting than some of the blogs out there, that's for sure.

Thanks Luxor! :D A positive encouragement is definitely a plus :up:

Reply #1085
Thanks Luxor!  ;D  A positive encouragement is definitely a plus  :up:

Creativity should always be encouraged.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1086
I used to read your's on MyOpera, Syav. I see no reason I wouldn't read a new one if you started it. And if you link us to it, of course. :)

Reply #1087
I vote yes. As I used to read it too.

Reply #1088
Thanks ensbb3, and Mandi :D I'll post a link once I have it running :)

Did u ever get to restart your blog, Mandi?

Reply #1090
Hmm...
Scottish independence doesn't pass, and in less than a year there's a Scottish Doctor Who.
Hmmmm...
Gotta wonder if there was back-channel dealings going on back then.
Just sayin'...
Act like it!

Reply #1091
Not the first time there's been a Scottish Doctor Who you know. There was Sylvester McCoy first, he had a rather annoying voice I seem to remember though,. Not that I ever seen him in Dr Who.

Don't know if you can find any episodes of The Thick of It on line or not. But Peter Capaldi starred in that and it would be quite amusing if his Dr Who was like his character in that program (he played a government spin doctor in that). Heck even I would watch that once, as I think it would be hilarious.

You've been very quiet of late sir. PS4 getting a lot of your attention is it?

Reply #1092
There was Sylvester McCoy first, he had a rather annoying voice I seem to remember though,. Not that I ever seen him in Dr Who.

Sylvester McCoy was Doctor Who, seriously? :eyes: I bet he is now more popular as Radagas the Wizard from the movie Hobbit. :D

Reply #1093
Sylvester McCoy was Doctor Who, seriously?  :eyes:

Afraid so. I have no idea if he was a popular choice or not though.
I bet he is now more popular as Radagas the Wizard from the movie Hobbit.

Maybe. But then again, those Dr Who fans are a funny lot, so hard to tell.
I didn't know he was in the Hobbit, but as I've never watched it that's not really surprising.

Reply #1094
I didn't know he was in the Hobbit, but as I've never watched it that's not really surprising.

If you liked Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit is worth watching. There's a second Hobbit movie but the story isn't over yet, so I'm hoping the 3rd continuation movie will be out soon. :up:

Reply #1095
If you liked Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit is worth watching.

Never watched the Lord of the Rings neither, other than the opening credits, when my wife watched the DVD once.
I've read the books though. Does that count?

Reply #1096
If you liked Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit is worth watching. There's a second Hobbit movie but the story isn't over yet, so I'm hoping the 3rd continuation movie will be out soon.

Although given how Legolas kills hundreds whenever he comes across any orcs, I wonder how fast those things breed…

Reply #1097
Although given how Legolas kills hundreds whenever he comes across any orcs, I wonder how fast those things breed…

I don't know...if the orcs are reptiles I guess they lay eggs by the dozens? :D

Reply #1099
I'm still trying to figure out how Peter Jackson managed to take a lengthy book trilogy and keep it a trilogy in movie form, but the prequel...the shortest of all the books...got stretched out into a movie trilogy. Methinks sir Jackson may wield some dark magicks... :wizard:

And Luxor, you may actually like the Lord of the Rings movies. Mr. Jackson did a very good job of recreating Tolkien's rich environment...
Act like it!