Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461128 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1025
Yay! Mandi lives.
Are you still studying hard?  
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1026

Yay! Mandi lives.
Are you still studying hard?

But of course I'm alive and well. Ok, "well" could be debatable.   :P
And yes sir. I complete my first semester next Friday and will have roughly 4 weeks off.  :D
How's life over yonder?

Reply #1027
But of course I'm alive and well. Ok, "well" could be debatable.   :P

Good to know.
And yes sir. I complete my first semester next Friday and will have roughly 4 weeks off.   ;D

Bet you will be glad of the break, bet those 4 weeks fly past as well.
How's life over yonder?

Mustn't grumble, keeping myself out of trouble anyway.
A very good fiend has just been diagnosed with cancer for the second time, but she has been told it's incurable this time. So not my usual happy self, if you know what I mean.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1028

Bet you will be glad of the break, bet those 4 weeks fly past as well.
How's life over yonder?

Mustn't grumble, keeping myself out of trouble anyway.
A very good fiend has just been diagnosed with cancer for the second time, but she has been told it's incurable this time. So not my usual happy self, if you know what I mean.

I will be very happy and it probably will. I can understand why you wouldn't be. I hope you get time to spend as much time with her. Sounds like it may have metastasized. I'm sorry.  :(

Reply #1029

Ah...the crazed consumerism season is in full swing here in the US. And the UK seems to be catching a bit of the bug as well. Yet another American export; you're welcome.

Yeah thanks for that.
Saw all those bampots in the stores over here fighting over a cheap brand TV and shook my head in disbelief. They must have been so proud when they saw themselves on the news channel later at night.

If folks there can still experience embarrassment and a bit of shame when they behave badly, then you're staying ahead of us over here...  :awww:

Now then, what shall I get for myself this year (since the Christmas gift I'd planned on turned out to be my birthday present to myself)? Thinking game console...PS4, to be precise...

Save your money and get a Nintendo WiiU. That and Mario Kart 8 and you wouldn't ever need to buy any other game.

I'll stick with my old Wii, thanks very much. Never really got into Mario Cart, though a friend of mine is a big fan and will probably get the U. He's played them all so he's not likely to miss out on the latest.
Did go ahead and order the PS4 Grand Theft Auto 5 bundle, though. Think I'll spend the day in true gamer fashion; playing on my PS2 and having pizza delivered. Life is good... :up:

Sorry to hear about your friend's cancer diagnosis. Another sucky thing about getting older; friends start dropping with increasing frequency...:(
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #1030
Sounds like it may have metastasized. I'm sorry.   :(

Yes, that's exactly what it has done.
I'll stick with my old Wii, thanks very much. Never really got into Mario Cart, though a friend of mine is a big fan and will probably get the U. He's played them all so he's not likely to miss out on the latest.

Ah well, if your old Wii ever dies on you the WiiU is backwards compatible.
If your friend has played them all up to now, it would be a shame if he didn't get the new one, as it's the best yet.

Sorry to hear about your friend's cancer diagnosis. Another sucky thing about getting older; friends start dropping with increasing frequency... :(

Yes the curse of getting older, your friends get fewer.
This lovely lass is only 41 years old though, so not old by any means. She's going to leave behind a 12 year old daughter too. How the heck she will have that conversation with her daughter is beyond me.

Reply #1031
Quote from: Luxor
She's going to leave behind a 12 year old daughter too. How the heck she will have that conversation with her daughter is beyond me.

I shared this to a friend of mine and tears started running down her eyes. She had a somewhat similar experience. After she gave birth to her daughter, her cousin also gave birth to a daughter the very next day. They were both in the same hospital. Yup, they shared a moment of joy together at the hospital. 9 year later her cousin died from cancer. Her daughter was 9 yrs old at the time. Damn it, that just put tears in my eyes.

After I read your post, my mind went blank and I didn't know what to say. The best thing I could do is pray for these children well-being.

Reply #1032
If your friend has played them all up to now, it would be a shame if he didn't get the new one, as it's the best yet.

Keep in mind that you may not be able to circumvent region lock on the Wii U.

Reply #1033

Yes the curse of getting older, your friends get fewer.
This lovely lass is only 41 years old though, so not old by any means. She's going to leave behind a 12 year old daughter too. How the heck she will have that conversation with her daughter is beyond me.

Wow! So young. As I sit hear, I'm pondering what I would say to mine if I were in her shoes. It has brought tears to my eyes as well. I hope her 12 year old ends up ok.

Reply #1034
I shared this to a friend of mine and tears started running down her eyes. She had a somewhat similar experience. After she gave birth to her daughter, her cousin also gave birth to a daughter the very next day. They were both in the same hospital. Yup, they shared a moment of joy together at the hospital. 9 year later her cousin died from cancer. Her daughter was 9 yrs old at the time. Damn it, that just put tears in my eyes.

No wonder it brought a tear to your eye. You wouldn't be human if it didn't.
Wow! So young. As I sit hear, I'm pondering what I would say to mine if I were in her shoes.

Difficult isn't it? Thankfully it's something that most people will never have to think of.
I hope her 12 year old ends up ok.

I hope so too. Her dad will be there for her of course and he's a good man, who I know will do his best for her.

Reply #1035
Her dad will be there for her of course and he's a good man, who I know will do his best for her.

That's good to know.

Reply #1036

Keep in mind that you may not be able to circumvent region lock on the Wii U.

That's the one thing I dislike about Nintendo, their region locking.

Reply #1037
I sense a disturbance in The Force.

Reply #1038
Which force? The police force, life force, task force or work force?

Reply #1039

I sense a disturbance in The Force.

Which force? The police force, life force, task force or work force?

' At the end of the year the curtain that seals our world from the underworld may be open for a mere few seconds. A few of the gifted ones will be able to sense it as a disturbance in The Force. If it does happen, thousands of awaiting demons will pass through the curtain, creating havoc in the mundane world. Thor, with his father Odin, Ruler of Asgard, will have to unite with the Greek Gods and defeat these  countless numbers of malicious demons. After the battle is won, Poseidon will once again intervene and change the history of mankind, back to the moment before it all began, to ensure that the curtain shall never open, and no human will remember any of those events ever occured.' -Syav

Reply #1040
' At the end of the year the curtain that seals our world from the underworld may be open for a mere few seconds. A few of the gifted ones will be able to sense it as a disturbance in The Force. If it does happen, thousands of awaiting demons will pass through the curtain, creating havoc in the mundane world. Thor, with his father Odin, Ruler of Asgard, will have to unite with the Greek Gods and defeat these  countless numbers of malicious demons. After the battle is won, Poseidon will once again intervene and change the history of mankind, back to the moment before it all began, to ensure that the curtain shall never open, and no human will remember any of those events ever occured.' -Syav

Wait... what? That's made me none the wiser.
What the heck have you been smoking Syav and more to the point, can I have some? 

Reply #1041
That's made me none the wiser.

'There was a glorious moment when the Greek Gods united with the Rulers of Asgard and defeated the demons in the mundane world. The story was kept hidden in Athena's (Greek Goddess) sanctuary,  since Poseidon went back in time before the battle ever began,  changing the history of our(human) existence. But the secret was revealed to the very few, and eventually passed on to Luxor himself, making him wiser and more knowledgeable in the present world.'

What the heck have you been smoking Syav  and more to the point, can I have some?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZpjWZRNAc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Reply #1042
When I learn something of value, I pass it on.
Never try to outsmart a front-loading washing machine.

Reply #1043
But top-loading ones, they can be outsmarted?  :yikes:

Reply #1044
But the secret was revealed to the very few, and eventually passed on to Luxor himself, making him wiser and more knowledgeable in the present world.'

It didn't have it's desired effect  though. as Luxor is still confused.

But top-loading ones, they can be outsmarted?

Do they still make them? I haven't seen one of them anywhere since my mother had one in the early 70's.

Reply #1045
But top-loading ones, they can be outsmarted?   :yikes:

Well, at least if you fail you don't get a floor full of water.

Despite the warning from the technician I still try to wash my entire bed set at the same time... with limited success. 

Reply #1046
Do they still make them? I haven't seen one of them anywhere since my mother had one in the early 70's.

We have one like this. Also in America most washing machines look like in Tom & Jerry cartoons, i.e. like this.

I like it much better than front-loading. Never eats socks or anything.

Reply #1047
Also in America most washing machines look like in Tom & Jerry cartoons, i.e. like this.

Yup there are 4 washing machines in my building and all of them look exactly like that.

Reply #1048
We have one like this. Also in America most washing machines look like in Tom & Jerry cartoons, i.e. like this.

I can only guess that their demise over here has been due to most new houses being small and having fitted kitchens. Only a front loader is practical in that situation. A top loader would be better suited to a separate utility/wash room. Which very few houses here, have nowadays.

Reply #1049
A top loader would be better suited to a separate utility/wash room. Which very few houses here, have nowadays.

It's getting to be the norm here too. Actually the only reason I have one is because I wanted them to be able to stack at my last place. More often the laundry room is a closet off the kitchen in new constructions.