Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461108 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1000
Everyone have their Christmas decorations up yet?

Bah Humbug! is the correct response to that question I do believe.
You do realise that just for mentioning the "C" word so early. I (or anyone else for that matter), can now quite legitimately and without fear of reprisal, hunt you down and kill you.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1001
The only thing I look forward to is Christmas sale :whistle:  Ah yes...I haven't bought any new shoes since last Christmas :D

Reply #1002
The only thing I look forward to is Christmas sale  :whistle:

On-line or in store? I like a bargain, but I can't be bothered going round the shops during sale time. It's absolute mayhem.
Sitting here clicking a button for bargains on-line, is a much better way to do it.
Ah yes...I haven't bought any new shoes since last Christmas  ;D

That's what I could do with. Not bought a new pair of shoes for a long time.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1003

The only thing I look forward to is Christmas sale  :whistle:

On-line or in store? I like a bargain, but I can't be bothered going round the shops during sale time. It's absolute mayhem.
Sitting here clicking a button for bargains on-line, is a much better way to do it.

Online is the only way to go, especially for holiday shopping. People are absolutely nuts around the holidays.
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #1004
People are absolutely nuts around the holidays.

Some of them are nuts all of the time, never mind round the holidays.

Reply #1006

Not to mention, you don't have to do any of the heavy lifting. Someone else gets to do that for you.  :P That is if you buy any big products, of course.

Reply #1007
True. But we're all familiar with you, Luxor, so it's not so bad...  :))

I'm not nuts, I'm on medication. 

Not to mention, you don't have to do any of the heavy lifting. Someone else gets to do that for you.   :P

Yep! That's definite plus. Mind you, a couple of deliveries have left me doubting if they were actually qualified to do that.

That is if you buy any big products, of course.

Oh! it has been known...

Reply #1008

Yep! That's definite plus. Mind you, a couple of deliveries have left me doubting if they were actually qualified to do that.

I have had a few myself. Where do they get these people?  :P

Reply #1009
I have had a few myself. Where do they get these people?

I'm not very sure, but it must be a busy place.

@ Syav

Just tried my honey flavoured tobacco and it's a bit disappointing.
It has a nice aroma, but that's about all I can say about it. Don't think I will be making it a regular purchase.

Reply #1010

True. But we're all familiar with you, Luxor, so it's not so bad...  :))

I'm not nuts, I'm on medication. 

On medication? For being nuts, perhaps...;)

@ Syav

It has a nice aroma, but that's about all I can say about it. Don't think I will be making it a regular purchase.

Honey flavored tobacco? I have to wonder what burning honey would taste and smell like...

Well, as an early Christmas present to myself, I bought a 40" Roku TV for my office. When I had first checked several weeks back, Amazon showed that delivery would take one to two months. When I checked back more recently, they couldn't give a delivery date as they were out of stock.

Got the notice yesterday that it will be arriving on Wednesday (coincidentally my birthday), so I guess it's my birthday present to myself!  :hat: Thought it was very nice and uncharacteristic of me to do that. I usually just ignore myself on my birthday... :whistle:

Now I need to figure out what I want for Christmas. What a pain, as I can be very difficult to shop for... :irked:
Act like it!

Reply #1011
On medication? For being nuts, perhaps..

Not saying...

Honey flavored tobacco? I have to wonder what burning honey would taste and smell like...

Surprisingly enough it's actually quite pleasant. It seems to intensify the sweet smell of it somehow. Pity that doesn't come across in the flavour though.

Well, as an early Christmas present to myself, I bought a 40" Roku TV for my office. When I had first checked several weeks back, Amazon showed that delivery would take one to two months. When I checked back more recently, they couldn't give a delivery date as they were out of stock.

Got the notice yesterday that it will be arriving on Wednesday (coincidentally my birthday), so I guess it's my birthday present to myself!   :hat:  Thought it was very nice and uncharacteristic of me to do that. I usually just ignore myself on my birthday...  :whistle:

21 again?
Nothing wrong with treating yourself, at least it's a birthday present that you want. So much better than socks.
Now I need to figure out what I want for Christmas. What a pain, as I can be very difficult to shop for...  :irked:

Try buying something for my wife, then you can complain.

Reply #1012
Quote from: Luxor

@ Syav

I've tried honey flavored e-juice but didn't quite like it either. It gives a mild sweet tone but doesn't have the 'kick' to it.  Vanilla mixed with caramel, or a little bit of lemon flavor is my best choice.

Reply #1013
Vanilla mixed with caramel, or a little bit of lemon flavor is my best choice.

I've had vanilla and caramel pipe tobacco,  Nice for a change now and again, but too sickly sweet to make it a regular purchase.

Reply #1014
My grandfather smoked "Baby's Bottom" tobacco.
I never asked him which part of the baby's bottom it was based on.

Reply #1015
I never asked him which part of the baby's bottom it was based on.

Probably better to not know.

Reply #1016

Got the notice yesterday that it will be arriving on Wednesday (coincidentally my birthday), so I guess it's my birthday present to myself!   :hat:  Thought it was very nice and uncharacteristic of me to do that. I usually just ignore myself on my birthday...  :whistle:

21 again?

That guess is not even half-way there...

Now I need to figure out what I want for Christmas. What a pain, as I can be very difficult to shop for...  :irked:

I don't think it would be appropriate for me to buy gifts for your wife...;)
Act like it!

Reply #1017

I don't think it would be appropriate for me to buy gifts for your wife... ;)

Depends on the gift.

Reply #1018
I don't know if anyone noticed but DND gave a "bandwith limit exceeded" for over 24 hrs yesterday, so I couldn't get to the forum :right:

Reply #1019
I don't know if anyone noticed

We noticed, it appears we were under attack. See Frenzies post here for an explanation.

Reply #1021
Ah...the crazed consumerism season is in full swing here in the US. And the UK seems to be catching a bit of the bug as well. Yet another American export; you're welcome.

Now then, what shall I get for myself this year (since the Christmas gift I'd planned on turned out to be my birthday present to myself)? Thinking game console...PS4, to be precise...:)
Act like it!

Reply #1022
Ah...the crazed consumerism season is in full swing here in the US. And the UK seems to be catching a bit of the bug as well. Yet another American export; you're welcome.

Yeah thanks for that.
Saw all those bampots in the stores over here fighting over a cheap brand TV and shook my head in disbelief. They must have been so proud when they saw themselves on the news channel later at night.
Now then, what shall I get for myself this year (since the Christmas gift I'd planned on turned out to be my birthday present to myself)? Thinking game console...PS4, to be precise...

Save your money and get a Nintendo WiiU. That and Mario Kart 8 and you wouldn't ever need to buy any other game.

Reply #1023
This video represents all I know about Mario Kart 8:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxDuNFBVj8[/video]