Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461086 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #950

I think cats engage in an entirely different sort of saturation. Especially if you fall into disfavor with them. Just ask my brother...

I am almost frightened to ask (as I can probably guess), but I'm going to ask anyway. What happened?

Well, my brother's wife's cat never seemed to get along with bro, and made this known by frequently treating my brother's closet as an alternative litter box.

So, today's the big day there in Scotland. As they say here in the states, vote early, vote often...hehehe...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #951
Well, my brother's wife's cat never seemed to get along with bro, and made this known by frequently treating my brother's closet as an alternative litter box.

Did you tell him that cats have impeccable taste. 

So, today's the big day there in Scotland. As they say here in the states, vote early, vote often...hehehe..

Funny, that's what they say here too.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #952

Did you tell him that cats have impeccable taste. 

It was tempting, but remember, bro was a Navy sniper. I suspect the cat found out the hard way just what that can mean when it comes to being too much of an annoyance... :rolleyes:

So, today's the big day there in Scotland. As they say here in the states, vote early, vote often...hehehe..

Funny, that's what they say here too.

Just so long as everyone votes...
Act like it!

Reply #953

If I had a penny for every time I've seen that cartoon today, I'd be rich.
That'll teach me to keep twitter open in a separate tab.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #954

If I had a penny for every time I've seen that cartoon today, I'd be rich.
That'll teach me to keep twitter open in a separate tab.

Yeah...after I posted it occurred to me that that might be the case.
Sorry things didn't turn out the way you hoped, but with any luck this was a wake up call for the English government...
Act like it!

Reply #955
Sorry things didn't turn out the way you hoped,

I was gutted yesterday morning when the result came in. I don't think I've ever been so ashamed to be Scottish. But 45% of the vote was better than a lot of folk expected, so some success I guess.
Reading the statistics of the vote, it appears to be the pensioners who swung the vote. Can't blame them as it was them that were targeted by Westminster, with threats to their pensions. Though pensions were safe, they are the people who most likely get their information from the press and the TV and believe what they tell them. It's fair to say the press and the BBC are guilty of spreading the fear and the lies.
The fight goes on...

Reply #956

Sorry things didn't turn out the way you hoped,

I was gutted yesterday morning when the result came in. I don't think I've ever been so ashamed to be Scottish. But 45% of the vote was better than a lot of folk expected, so some success I guess.
Reading the statistics of the vote, it appears to be the pensioners who swung the vote. Can't blame them as it was them that were targeted by Westminster, with threats to their pensions. Though pensions were safe, they are the people who most likely get their information from the press and the TV and believe what they tell them. It's fair to say the press and the BBC are guilty of spreading the fear and the lies.
The fight goes on...

Wow...so you have Fox "News" over there too, huh? Bummer...:(
Act like it!

Reply #957
Wow...so you have Fox "News" over there too, huh? Bummer..

The media here can at times, make Fox News seem balanced and fair.

Reply #958

Wow...so you have Fox "News" over there too, huh? Bummer..

The media here can at times, make Fox News seem balanced and fair.

I truly believe that the 24 hour news cycle has destroyed the last vestiges of decent journalism. It's all about generating revenue now...:(
Act like it!

Reply #959
I truly believe that the 24 hour news cycle has destroyed the last vestiges of decent journalism. It's all about generating revenue now...

There's definitely some truth in that, 24 hour news has seriously dumbed down the news. Think I preferred it when we had 2 main new bulletins a day, mind you that was back in the black and white TV days. So some progress was inevitable I suppose.  ;D 

Reply #960
There's definitely some truth in that, 24 hour news has seriously dumbed down the news. Think I preferred it when we had 2 main new bulletins a day, mind you that was back in the black and white TV days.

Aren't they mostly just repeating the same stuff every hour though? Filled up with some talking heads? (Just like on the radio, except there they don't call it all "news".) I don't think in the end there's really anything more than the morning, afternoon, and evening news. Well, except on the Internet where stuff just trickles in more organically without being as streamlined.

Reply #961
Aren't they mostly just repeating the same stuff every hour though?

Repeating it every hour would be a blessing. I swear they are repeating the same stuff every 15 minutes, that's certainly what it feels like anyway. Oh! except when there's some big sports event, they throw that in for ten minutes or so here and there, just to break things up a bit.

Reply #962
Well, I guess I don't really watch those 24-hour news channels. That's just the impression I got. :)

Reply #963
Well, I guess I don't really watch those 24-hour news channels.

You're not missing much.  ;D 

Reply #964
Why do companies that trade online, never reply to emails? Is this a UK thing or does it go on everywhere.
It's damned annoying.

Reply #965
Not something I have come across. Successful companies seem to make a real effort to communicate.

Reply #966
Not something I have come across.

Probably typical British customer services then. They did finally reply 4 days after my inquiry, sorry for the delay but they get many emails. Well duh! 
Successful companies seem to make a real effort to communicate.

Thankfully that is my normal experience, oddly enough they are mostly not UK based.

Reply #967
Quote from: Luxor
Probably typical British customer services then.

I'm guessing a typical British customer is that if you're not a 'VIP' they just put you on their 'email reply list'. :whistle:

I felt like throwing up all morning and decided to call in sick. I could've gone to work,  but I'm sticking with one of my co-workers quote 'If you feel sick don't come to work and kill yourself.'

Reply #968
I'm guessing a typical British customer is that if you're not a 'VIP' they just put you on their 'email reply list'.

It does feel that way some of the time.

I felt like throwing up all morning and decided to call in sick.

I did wonder why I could see you posting at this time of day. Thought maybe I had dozed off and lost a few hours.
I could've gone to work,  but I'm sticking with one of my co-workers quote 'If you feel sick don't come to work and kill yourself.'

Sensible advice. Besides, you don't want to pass it on to your workmates as they wouldn't thank you for it.

Reply #969

I could've gone to work,  but I'm sticking with one of my co-workers quote 'If you feel sick don't come to work and kill yourself.'

Sensible advice. Besides, you don't want to pass it on to your workmates as they wouldn't thank you for it.

I wish more of the people I work with would adopt that attitude. We all work in one large, closed room, so basically it's a big petri dish! So it's lots of fun when someone who is sick comes in, starts coughing and filling that confined space with their germs. Worse still, the workstations are shared, so even staff who are not in the office at the same time as the sick person can get a dose from whoever was at a given workstation...

And for you fans of irony; I work for a health insurance company! And they won't even pay for sanitizing wipes to clean the workstations...
Act like it!

Reply #970
Quote from: expatri
So it's lots of fun when someone who is sick comes in, starts coughing and filling that confined space with their germs.

One of my co-workers came to work one day coughing and blowing his nose every few minutes. The next day he was still coughing and blowing his nose. Two days later a couple other workers became sick...go figure.  :whistle:

Well, I showed up at work today.  About an hour later I almost collapse and my Mgr sent me home.  I'm actually happy I got the day off work :D

Reply #971
And for you fans of irony; I work for a health insurance company! And they won't even pay for sanitizing wipes to clean the workstations...

Sanitizing wipes cost money. You can't be eating into their profits, don't ya know. 
Well, I showed up at work today.  About an hour later I almost collapse and my Mgr sent me home.

Blimey! Hope you are OK Syav. At least your manager had the sense to send you home.

Reply #972
Quote from: Luxor
Blimey! Hope you are OK Syav. At least your manager had the sense to send you home.

I actually felt better after she sent me home. Yah,  she could've told me to sit down but need me to work my entire shift afterwards :whistle:

Reply #973
I actually felt better after she sent me home

Good to hear.
Yah,  she could've told me to sit down but need me to work my entire shift afterwards

She probably didn't want you dying at work. There's too much paperwork involved if that happens.

Reply #974
'Tis the season to eat children and their candy. Hahahahaha haha ha ha.  :P