Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461239 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #875
Maybe it will still require some medical attention.

Maybe, though I was thinking if it were a "reset button" it would be more akin to IT support than medical support.
Interesting article though.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #876
I'm watching live Argentina vs Netherlands on a giant theatrical screen outdoor,  sponsored by Minnesota United FC  :cheers:

Reply #877
I'm watching live Argentina vs Netherlands on a giant theatrical screen outdoor,

Hope it wasn't raining.

I missed the match (didn't miss much I believe) due to having visitors, only caught some of the extra time and penalties.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #878
World Cup is over.

Reply #879
World Cup is over.

I know, there's nothing to watch on TV now, back to the usual rubbish programs.

Reply #880
My cellphone called one of my co-workers on its own. How the heck is that possible...since the phone screen has to be turned on/unlocked before I can make a phone call or do anything with it?  :confused: :whistle:

Reply #881
My cellphone called one of my co-workers on its own. How the heck is that possible..

Sorcery! 

I've had a call from a friends mobile in the past, when he thought it was switched off and in his pocket.
Quite amusing as he and his wife were having a conversation while on holiday. Tried shouting loud enough down the phone so that he could here me, no luck though. It went off after a few minutes and thankfully they weren't discussing some dark secret.

Reply #882
Quote from: Luxor
Sorcery!

:lol:  I was think more like a haunted cellphone. 

Quote from: Luxor
It went off after a few minutes and thankfully they weren't discussing some dark secret.

Ahem...good thing they weren't having a bed scene and you could hear everything :D :whistle:

Reply #883
Ahem...good thing they weren't having a bed scene and you could hear everything  ;D   :whistle:

Yeah! That could have been very embarrassing indeed.
Especially for them, as I would no doubt remind them about it frequently in front of their children. 

Reply #884
My cellphone called one of my co-workers on its own. How the heck is that possible.

Glitches happen. A couple phones back of mine took to sending texts to random people they weren't meant for along with spontaneous calls. Clearing the history helped but I got rid of it soon after.

Depending on how you lock it, you can still pocket-dial from the lock screen... Especially if you have quick launch icons on it. But even if not there's a sequence to open the dialer for emergency calls. (usually hold some button.) ;)

Reply #885
Speaking of cell phones, finally retired my old Droid X and upgraded to the LG G2. WOW! What a difference. I may even retire my tablet with this...;)
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #886
What a difference. I may even retire my tablet with this..

That says a lot about where smart phones are going.
I know my Mrs is well impressed with her new one, it's probably being used as much as a tablet than a phone at the moment. Thought the novelty would have worn off after a couple of weeks but no. 

Where have you been hiding by the way, not seen you for a while. Have you been on holiday?

Reply #887

What a difference. I may even retire my tablet with this..

That says a lot about where smart phones are going.
I know my Mrs is well impressed with her new one, it's probably being used as much as a tablet than a phone at the moment. Thought the novelty would have worn off after a couple of weeks but no. 

They are becoming quite impressive...

Where have you been hiding by the way, not seen you for a while. Have you been on holiday?

In a word, FIFA.
I bring nothing to the table during such events and the subsequent discussions of said events...
Act like it!

Reply #888

Speaking of cell phones, finally retired my old Droid X and upgraded to the LG G2. WOW! What a difference. I may even retire my tablet with this...;)

Finally? I say phones deserve to live five years. :P

(I hope to get to five with mine. It's currently 2.5 years old.)

Reply #889
In a word, FIFA.
I bring nothing to the table during such events and the subsequent discussions of said events..

Of course, should have remembered your lack of interest during the last EURO Finals.
Only 2 years till the next one. 

Finally? I say phones deserve to live five years.  :P

That's the least I would expect from mine if I owned one, mind you that's how I feel about anything I buy.

Reply #891

In a word, FIFA.
I bring nothing to the table during such events and the subsequent discussions of said events..

Of course, should have remembered your lack of interest during the last EURO Finals.
Only 2 years till the next one. 

Which makes it twice as bad as the Olympics...hehehe...

Finally? I say phones deserve to live five years.  :P

That's the least I would expect from mine if I owned one, mind you that's how I feel about anything I buy.

Remember the old Startac phones? Those things were built to last forever. Unfortunately, advances in the technology left such things behind.
Actually, the Droid still works alright (and would probably do better if I unloaded some apps), but I finally just lost my patience with it's older tech quirks and took the plunge. And since the upgrade was "free", all the better...:D
Act like it!

Reply #892

We have the commonwealth games here too (going on right now actually). and that falls in between the Olympics. Think yourself lucky that you don't have to suffer them too. Cant abide athletics myself but it's wall-to-wall coverage here and nearly impossible to avoid as they are in Scotland this time.

Reply #893

We have the commonwealth games here too (going on right now actually). and that falls in between the Olympics. Think yourself lucky that you don't have to suffer them too. Cant abide athletics myself but it's wall-to-wall coverage here and nearly impossible to avoid as they are in Scotland this time.

So-o-o-o-o...another reason to vote for Scottish independence?  :cheers:
Act like it!

Reply #894
So-o-o-o-o...another reason to vote for Scottish independence?

We will still be in the commonwealth (so still eligible to compete in the games) if we keep the monarchy, which is the plan for the time being. Not my preference I can assure you. 

But we could have a referendum in the future to get rid of them. One step at a time as they say.

Reply #895

So-o-o-o-o...another reason to vote for Scottish independence?

We will still be in the commonwealth (so still eligible to compete in the games) if we keep the monarchy, which is the plan for the time being. Not my preference I can assure you. 

But we could have a referendum in the future to get rid of them. One step at a time as they say.

I thought that you all were going to be voting on that this September? Are things not looking good for the independence side?
Act like it!

Reply #896
I thought that you all were going to be voting on that this September?

The powers that be decided that we will keep the monarchy for the time being. Just like Canada, Australia etc. There's a lot of royalists in certain areas, so it makes sense I suppose if you don't want to alienate them.  It doesn't please folk like myself though. 
Are things not looking good for the independence side?

Looks fine from where I'm sitting, not taking it for granted though.
But as I've said before it will be the people who are as yet undecided that will turn the result either way.

Reply #897

Yup, me too.

I've had a run of bad luck with phones this year. I bricked my upgrade and just dropped it's replacement today. I cracked both screens so looks like a third phone, in six months, is on order. :(

Reply #898
I've had a run of bad luck with phones this year. I bricked my upgrade and just dropped it's replacement today. I cracked both screens so looks like a third phone, in six months, is on order.  :(

I've heard that some models are basically too flexible for their screens, so be careful. ;)

Reply #899
I've had a run of bad luck with phones this year. I bricked my upgrade and just dropped it's replacement today. I cracked both screens so looks like a third phone, in six months, is on order.

That is bad luck. I guess when things like that happen you wish to heck you had accidental damage cover for them. Of course when you do pay for accidental damage cover, you can almost guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen to it. 

I've heard that some models are basically too flexible for their screens, so be careful.

Because they are cheaply made or just a design fault?