Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461031 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #825

A man presented himself in the ER with a laceration on top of his head, two swollen eyes and blood everywhere. Come to find out, this man was standing on top of a barn with a, cooler size, container of water. When he went to pour it on his wife's head, who was down on the ground, he fell off the roof landing on the container and hit his head on the ground. Pretty much head first all the way. The container broke his fall to where he didn't land directly on his head.

Shouldn't laugh at others misfortune but sometimes some people deserve it.
What made him believe this would be a good idea?

Must have been a little voice in his head told him to do it. There's just no other reason possible. 

:lol: :lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one laughing. It makes me feel less of a terrible person.  :P

Reply #826
'm glad I'm not the only one laughing. It makes me feel less of a terrible person.

I don't know how you can stop yourself from laughing out loud when you see patients like that in the hospital. I know I would, which probably means I was wise not to pursue a career in medicine when I left school, as I would have been kicked out after about 5 minutes. 
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #827

'm glad I'm not the only one laughing. It makes me feel less of a terrible person.

I don't know how you can stop yourself from laughing out loud when you see patients like that in the hospital. I know I would, which probably means I was wise not to pursue a career in medicine when I left school, as I would have been kicked out after about 5 minutes. 

It's very difficult at times. I've come to learn never to laugh at a confused patient. Their aggitation level escalates and they tend to start talking with their hands. You'd be surprised at how strong some elderly people are.  :ninja:

Reply #828
I've come to learn never to laugh at a confused patient.

That would be wrong of course. I'm sure you can judge very quickly the difference between a confused person and a damned idiot though. 

Their aggitation level escalates and they tend to start talking with their hands. You'd be surprised at how strong some elderly people are.

Doesn't surprise me, as my friend who has them in his care has told me frequently that this is the case.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #829

That would be wrong of course. I'm sure you can judge very quickly the difference between a confused person and a damned idiot though. 

You are correct! If you are stuffing yourself into a mattress, you might be confused. :lol:

Reply #830
If you are stuffing yourself into a mattress, you might be confused.

I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever caught stuffing myself into my mattress.  :P

Reply #832
Let's just hope Luxor doesn't sleep on a water bed. That could end very badly...

Couldn't have one of them, Bailey has very, very sharp claws. That would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Reply #833
Testing...

edit:  Hmm...if I switch my phone browser settings from ' Android' to 'Desktop', my profile says my OS is Mac.  But I've never used Mac OS in my entire life :P

Reply #834
Hmm...if I switch my phone browser settings from ' Android' to 'Desktop', my profile says my OS is Mac.  But I've never used Mac OS in my entire life

Frenzie can explain it to you, he's experimenting. 

Oh by the way Syav. Plum and vanilla tobacco is very pleasant if a bit on the sweet side. 

Reply #835
Good for you Luxor! :up:  I tried plum tobacco e-juice once and it taste sour and awful :whistle: 

Reply #836

Hmm...if I switch my phone browser settings from ' Android' to 'Desktop', my profile says my OS is Mac.  But I've never used Mac OS in my entire life

Frenzie can explain it to you, he's experimenting. 

Well, not exactly. I suppose you could say the experiment is gathering some data, but I'm not actively doing anything with it, and I won't for another week. ;)

Reply #837
I tried plum tobacco e-juice once and it taste sour and awful

That's kinda what I was wary about when I ordered that tobacco, as plum can be a bit sour sometimes. But the vanilla really sweetens it, so any sourness from the plum if it was there, has just disappeared.

I suppose you could say the experiment is gathering some data, but I'm not actively doing anything with it, and I won't for another week.

If you know what your doing, then it can't be called an experiment I suppose.

Reply #838
I was going to pick Spain for World Cup 2014 but they got beat up by Netherlands 5-1 :eyes:

Reply #839
They didn't only get beat, they got totally humiliated. It could and maybe should, have been 8-1 not 5-1.

Reply #840
Sounds like they overestimated themselves  from their previous World Cup victory.  :whistle:  So, now I'm going for Argentina and Netherlands for the finals.  :P

Reply #841
Sounds like they overestimated themselves  from their previous World Cup victory.

I doubt any team could have handled the Netherlands the way they played, everything just clicked and they could do no wrong.  Nothing could have stopped them, unless you built a brick wall in front of the goals that is.
So, now I'm going for Argentina and Netherlands for the finals.

Think Argentina will have to play better than they did in their first match, though I have only seen the highlights. I was tucked up in bed at the time it was shown live here.

Reply #842
I doubt any team could have handled the Netherlands the way they played, everything just clicked and they could do no wrong.  Nothing could have stopped them, unless you built a brick wall in front of the goals that is.

What little I saw on a few YouTube videos reminded me of Brazil a decade or so ago. I'll have to watch a match or two when I'm less busy to see what Brazil is up to these days, and if the Netherlands can out-Brazil Brazil. :P

Reply #843
I'll have to watch a match or two when I'm less busy to see what Brazil is up to these days, and if the Netherlands can out-Brazil Brazil.

Brazil in the first match were pretty poor in my opinion, let's just say the referee helped them a bit.
Watching the Netherlands though, brought back memories of the total football they played in the 70's. If Brazil meet them in that kind of form, then Brazil are doomed.

Reply #844
I don't think Argentina is good enough to win the cup.  It's just a soft spot that I have for Argentina and I‘ll be happy if they make it to semi-finals :D

Reply #845
I don't think Argentina is good enough to win the cup.

I would never rule them out. If Lionel Messi is at the top of his game, they are capable of winning anything.

Reply #846
Why does decorating require so much upheaval?
We had our lounge decorated over the weekend and it's taken 4 days in all to get back to some normality.
First you have to remove all the bits and pieces, like ornaments, pictures and the other things you've accumulated over the years. Who knew that a woman (my dear wife) could collect so many cat ornaments over 27 years. Then the furniture has to be moved out of course. Decorating took 2 days, not bad to be fair. But today everything has to be moved back in, which obviously requires all the electrical stuff to be hooked up, Hi-Fi, computer, TV etc.
I'm knackered. In my next life as far as my lounge is concerned, I'm going for the minimalist look. 
Still, at least it looks nice when it's done.

Reply #847
I‘ve heard stories where witches and wizards summon demons to do all their housework.  And if you're interested Luxor,  those demons will appear to look exactly like yourself.  That way your neighbours will think that it is you who is doing all the cleaning and moving furnitures around the house.  :P :whistle:

Reply #848
I‘ve heard stories where witches and wizards summon demons to do all their housework.

Pity that it's only in stories that you've heard of them, as I could really, really, do with one if they did exist. If you ever actually see one of these demons, try catching it and send it to me. Heck I'll even pay the postage.

Reply #849
Heck I could use one of those demons as well to clean up my apt :D But from what I heard,  sometimes  there's a catch or payback when possesing a demon :whistle: