Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461145 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #775
Wow! Looks like that cat lived a long life. Lol

Maybe it's immortal. Yes that must be it, that's the only logical explanation.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #777
You know, there are lots of dictionary websites where one can look up the definition of "logical"...

But you need an internet connection to do that. Oh wait....
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #779
You seem like a logical guy.

You say the sweetest things. I'm filling up.

Reply #781
Lol. I enjoy making people cry out of joy.

Ah well, the world could probably do with more folk like you then.

Reply #783
My mother would agree with you. I think she expects sappy/gooshy crap from me now.

Mother knows best. 
Are you still going back to school? I remember you mentioned it in some other thread.

Reply #784

Are you still going back to school? I remember you mentioned it in some other thread.

Yes sir. I start prerequisites in the fall toward a nursing degree. This time I'm not going to quit. I've put this off long enough, I believe. One of my friends has already been taking classes, so we are going to be taking some classes together. I have a lot of work ahead of me. I just hope I sustain enough drive to keep going.

Reply #785
I start prerequisites in the fall toward a nursing degree. This time I'm not going to quit. I've put this off long enough, I believe.

Good luck! with it. 
I would imagine that a lot of studying will be required. I know my friend who is the psych nurse had a lot to do and I wouldn't imagine it's any different over there in the USA. 

Reply #786

Yes sir. I start prerequisites in the fall toward a nursing degree. This time I'm not going to quit. I've put this off long enough, I believe. One of my friends has already been taking classes, so we are going to be taking some classes together. I have a lot of work ahead of me. I just hope I sustain enough drive to keep going.

:up:

Reply #787

I start prerequisites in the fall toward a nursing degree. This time I'm not going to quit. I've put this off long enough, I believe.

Good luck! with it. 
I would imagine that a lot of studying will be required. I know my friend who is the psych nurse had a lot to do and I wouldn't imagine it's any different over there in the USA.

Thank you! I appreciate that. It might be slightly different considering it's a different country. 

Reply #788
It might be slightly different considering it's a different country.

There's bound to be some differences for sure.  Make sure you take a break from the studying, now and again.

Reply #789
Make sure you take a break from the studying, now and again.

I hope to. I also hope that these 4 years of schooling will be quick. Thank you for the support.  :)

Side note: I really dislike a particular vending machine at my work. Put the money in. Made a selection. The chips started moving but they got stuck at the very end. Can't a girl just get some dang chips?  :down:

Reply #790
Side note: I really dislike a particular vending machine at my work. Put the money in. Made a selection. The chips started moving but they got stuck at the very end. Can't a girl just get some dang chips?

It may be to late to reply, but have you tried kicking it?  You've paid for your chips, so you should be able to get them by fair means or foul.
I know that kicking a vending machine is disallowed in most places, but sometimes the end justifies the means.

Reply #791

It may be to late to reply, but have you tried kicking it?  You've paid for your chips, so you should be able to get them by fair means or foul.
I know that kicking a vending machine is disallowed in most places, but sometimes the end justifies the means.

No sir! I unsuccessfully tried to shake it out. Resorting to violence toward objects has never ended in my favor. I'd probably have pins and screws in my tibia/fibia after such endeavors.  :lol:

Reply #792
Resorting to violence toward objects has never ended in my favor. I'd probably have pins and screws in my tibia/fibia after such endeavors.

Well if you're a danger to yourself, you done well to avoid confrontation with the vending machine. Can't have you getting physically harmed over a bag of chips, can we.

Reply #793
Did you ever read The Tommyknockers? (Don't listen to the bad reviews. Just don't read it as scifi.) One of the scenes that gives it a bad name is, um, let's call it the revenge of a vending machine. :P

Reply #794
Did you ever read The Tommyknockers?

I have read many of Stephen Kings books, but that's not one I've read. I seem to recall a TV series called  Tommyknockers that was heavily advertised on the TV here, never watched it though.

Reply #795

Did you ever read The Tommyknockers?(Don't listen to the bad reviews. Just don't read it as scifi.) One of the scenes that gives it a bad name is, um, let's call it the revenge of a vending machine. :P

Count my out on that book. There are WAY too many vending machines at my work. I'd prolly never go near one again.  :no:

Reply #796

Resorting to violence toward objects has never ended in my favor. I'd probably have pins and screws in my tibia/fibia after such endeavors.

Well if you're a danger to yourself, you done well to avoid confrontation with the vending machine. Can't have you getting physically harmed over a bag of chips, can we.

Never over food of any kind.  ;)

Reply #797
Never over food of any kind.

Even chocolate? I couldn't imagine anything getting in the way between a woman and her chocolate.

Reply #798

Never over food of any kind.

Even chocolate? I couldn't imagine anything getting in the way between a woman and her chocolate.

:lol: Maybe when I was a teen but I don't eat a lot of chocolate anymore. It's an occassional thing now along with snacking in general. I used to eat everything in my sights. Nom nom....no more.

Reply #799

Ain't no way in hell that thing would keep my Reese's Cups.