Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461163 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #750
I can say that cleaning a pipe is a lot less of a hassle than cleaning/mainting the smaller parts of an e-cig.

Reply #751
I can say that cleaning a pipe is a lot less of a hassle than cleaning/mainting the smaller parts of an e-cig.

A friend of mine who smokes one has told me the same, I thought he was exaggerating. I guess not.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #752

Aww, why not?

Like you need to ask.  :P

I've had mostly good experiences with Volvos. ;)

A handsome pipe... :)  I have been thinking of re-visiting pipes as a smoking option. Just seems like a lot of work for a good smoke. Or have I just been doing something wrong?

I know nothing about pipes, but it sounds like less work than e.g. rolling a cigarette.

Reply #753

Aww, why not?

Like you need to ask.  :P

I've had mostly good experiences with Volvos. ;)

I've heard nothing but good things about them as well. Granted, they're rather boxy, but good, solid transportation by all accounts.
Did a Volvo touch you in "the bad place" when you were a child? ;)

A handsome pipe... :)  I have been thinking of re-visiting pipes as a smoking option. Just seems like a lot of work for a good smoke. Or have I just been doing something wrong?

I know nothing about pipes, but it sounds like less work than e.g. rolling a cigarette.

Actually, there are some handy little cigarette rollers out there. Even ones for filter cigarettes. I went about a year rolling my own when they started taxing them out of existence...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #754
I've had mostly good experiences with Volvos.

Oh they are reliable cars I'll give you that and if you drive one and were involved in a crash with another car, I would rate your chance of survival better than the other guy in his car. They're just so ugly, a box on wheels is the best way you could describe them. Maybe I'm just remembering the things from the 70's.
I've no idea if the modern Volvo has improved in looks or not, in all honesty. Don't drive, so lack of interest in cars in general.

Actually, there are some handy little cigarette rollers out there.

There is indeed, though I tended to go through my tobacco a whole lot  quicker when I used to use one, prefer to roll them by hand. There are some folk out there who just can't get the hang of them for some reason. I know a couple of them, even after me showing them how to use it they still couldn't master the things.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #755

I've had mostly good experiences with Volvos.

Oh they are reliable cars I'll give you that and if you drive one and were involved in a crash with another car, I would rate your chance of survival better than the other guy in his car. They're just so ugly, a box on wheels is the best way you could describe them. Maybe I'm just remembering the things from the 70's.
I've no idea if the modern Volvo has improved in looks or not, in all honesty. Don't drive, so lack of interest in cars in general.

The newer ones are much more stylish...especially their sedans. The wagons are nice also, but you can only do so much with a station wagon when it comes to style...

Actually, there are some handy little cigarette rollers out there.

There is indeed, though I tended to go through my tobacco a whole lot  quicker when I used to use one, prefer to roll them by hand. There are some folk out there who just can't get the hang of them for some reason. I know a couple of them, even after me showing them how to use it they still couldn't master the things.

I would be one of those folks who could never get the hang of hand rolling. Tear the paper, roll it too loose, etc. Plus, with the rolling device, I could do up several "packs" at a time to get me through the week...:D
Act like it!

Reply #756
with the rolling device, I could do up several "packs" at a time to get me through the week...

That would just encourage me to smoke more I think. At least rolling them when needed, I might just put myself off for half an hour or so before I could be bothered to roll one. But if they were there ready rolled and all I had to do was light one, well... 

Reply #757
The newer ones are much more stylish...especially their sedans. The wagons are nice also, but you can only do so much with a station wagon when it comes to style...

The newer Volvos are also more expensive though. I personally think they had pretty much the right idea in the '80s and '90s.

Today

Now the '70s… yeah, those were pretty ugly.

Reply #758

That looks like the horrible thing one of our neighbours had way back then.

Reply #759

That looks like the horrible thing one of our neighbours had way back then.

With the exception of sports cars, style didn't exactly "rule" on either side of the pond back in the 70's...

Act like it!

Reply #760

With the exception of sports cars, style didn't exactly "rule" on either side of the pond back in the 70's...

That is one ugly looking car. I would even go as far as to say it makes the volvo look like a beautiful piece of design.   :P

Reply #761
Lol :D  I bet those cars were considered stylish back in the 70's though.  Some people actually admire 'classic' cars from back in the 50's, and willing to spend an amount of money that they could get  from a brand new sports car.

Reply #762
Some people actually admire 'classic' cars from back in the 50's

With good reason, there's some fine specimens of classic cars out there. Not just from the 50's though, even farther back than that. There used to be a vintage car show that was an annual event near here (always seemed to be raining though) and you could spend all day just walking around them and admiring them. Lots of them had been restored from absolute wrecks. You couldn't help but admire the work that some of the owners had put in to them.

Reply #763
I love me some car shows. The older the better.  ;)

Reply #764
Don't forget about vintage tractors. :)

Reply #765
Yup I've seen one of those vintage car shows,  quite entertaining to watch :cool:

Reply #766
I love me some car shows. The older the better.

Ah yes the older the better. Though I must admit to being a bit wary of standing next to the ones that had steam engines sometimes. Some of them looked and sounded like they were seconds away from exploding. 
Don't forget about vintage tractors.

Traction engines and tractors were always on show at that local event too, not forgetting the old motorbikes.
Yup I've seen one of those vintage car shows,  quite entertaining to watch

I wish that the show would return here, but it's unlikely.

Reply #768
I dunno; it might be the ones that don't make any noise that are the most dangerous.

That thought never crossed my mind. Probably just as well or I would never have went near any of them.  :P

Reply #771
Fair enough reason. No one wants to explode

Not unintentionally anyway. 
Somewhere near the end there's a graph showing level of happiness plotted against distance of crotch from explosions.

Ha-ha. 3ft = :(

Reply #772
 The paintings 'made better with cats'
I'll never look at some art with the same eyes, ever again.

Reply #773
Venus sure has a big…

…bed, you dirty minds!  :angel: