Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460987 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #675
Not so weird. I know of other people that are the same way.

Good to know I'm not alone. My wife is the exact opposite, she loves fish but can't stand shellfish. Makes meal planning interesting.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #676
Not so big on seafood but freshwater fish are yum! Love me some catfish.

Reply #677

Not so weird. I know of other people that are the same way.

Good to know I'm not alone. My wife is the exact opposite, she loves fish but can't stand shellfish. Makes meal planning interesting.

I bet. I know the feeling when it comes to preparing a meal. My kids, or my youngest, is much pickier than I am. He would rather go to bed hungry, sometimes, than eat something he didn't want. He is slowly learning that I'm ok with that. One missed meal won't harm him.

Reply #678

Not so big on seafood but freshwater fish are yum! Love me some catfish.

Never had catfish. I can't get passed the smell of fish though. Salmon smells the worst.

Reply #681
My kids, or my youngest, is much pickier than I am. He would rather go to bed hungry, sometimes, than eat something he didn't want. He is slowly learning that I'm ok with that. One missed meal won't harm him.

He's a lucky boy.
When I was young if I didn't want to eat something because I didn't like it, that was fine with my mum. Unfortunately I got it put down in front of me the following day. That was a battle I was never going to win.
Love me some catfish.

I think I've only had catfish the once. Can't say I enjoyed it though.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #682

My kids, or my youngest, is much pickier than I am. He would rather go to bed hungry, sometimes, than eat something he didn't want. He is slowly learning that I'm ok with that. One missed meal won't harm him.

He's a lucky boy.
When I was young if I didn't want to eat something because I didn't like it, that was fine with my mum. Unfortunately I got it put down in front of me the following day. That was a battle I was never going to win.

Eh, then he ain't so lucky. I do the same to him. The oldest is easier to introduce new food to but that's more than likely a difference in age. My youngest has my stubbornness.   :whistle:

Reply #683
Eh, then he ain't so lucky. I do the same to him.

Ah I see. Seems some things never change then. Mothers can be so cruel.  :P 

Reply #685
As good a reason as any.

Reply #687
I felt sorry for her...she was all happy taking a self-pic for her FB and then wham! Her life is taken away from her so suddenly.  :( A good reason most States in U.S. now reinforced the law againt phone texting while driving.

I felt nausea all day today and my boss gave me the day off. Anyone know a good remedy for nausea?

Reply #688
A good reason most States in U.S. now reinforced the law againt phone texting while driving.

It's against the law here too, still see idiots who think the law doesn't apply to them, doing it though.

Anyone know a good remedy for nausea?

Wish I knew, suffer from that often myself.
Some folk reckon ginger is good for it, so maybe a ginger tea or something like that may help you. Can't say I have had any success with it though.

Reply #689
Thanks Luxor! Maybe I'll try tea with a slice of ginger. I don't suppose artificial flavored herbal ginger tea will do the trick. :P

Yup some of those people get drunk, smoke weed and probably sniff cocaine while driving. It's just sad that an innocent woman can get killed because she was trying to take a pic of herself with her phone.

Reply #690
Thanks Luxor! Maybe I'll try tea with a slice of ginger.

You've got nothing to lose by trying it.

Reply #691
Couldn't find ginger root at the grocery store so I bought some ginger powder instead. I had to cheat and add sugar in my tea, but I'm surprised my sweet ginger tea actually taste decent :yes:

Reply #692
I'm surprised my sweet ginger tea actually taste decent

Oh well, if it doesn't have it's desired effect on your nausea, at least you've found something new to drink.

Reply #693
@ Syav, you could also try Saltine crackers and Sprite/Ginger Ale. Stay away from water though. It will make the nausea worse.

Reply #694

@ Syav, you could also try Saltine crackers and Sprite/Ginger Ale. Stay away from water though. It will make the nausea worse.

Really? :) Thanks Mandi, I'll keep that in mind. :up:

Reply #695
Stay away from water though. It will make the nausea worse.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that and I usually sip water when I'm feeling nauseas. Must try and remember that one.

Reply #696

Really? :) Thanks Mandi, I'll keep that in mind. :up:

Plain white rice is also a good remedy for nausea...
Cooked, of course...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #697

Not a fan of rice myself, once in a blue moon if the fancy takes me is about it. Even then I wouldn't have it plain, it would have to be spicy or flavoured with something just to get me to eat it. Which is probably not the recommended way to eat it when you have nausea.  :faint: 

Reply #698

Stay away from water though. It will make the nausea worse.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that and I usually sip water when I'm feeling nauseas. Must try and remember that one.

I was unaware of it myself until I started working at the hospital. Makes sense. Most people that are on the verge of getting sick from too much consumption of alcohol might drink water to speed up the process. Lol

Reply #699
Quote from: expatri

I never knew that either. Thanks, expatri!

Well, I had several cups of tea with ginger yestarday, and I think it worked :)