Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461085 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #600

Quote from: tt92
I have started making lists.
I wonder when I will start to remember to bring the list with me.

Lol :D. I suppose it doesn't help if you forget to bring the list with you.

:lol: I make a list on my phone. I very rarely forget it so it works out. Then there are those times I won't bother to look to see what I need and end up with too little/much of things. :doh:

Reply #601

I've found OneNote and Evernote apps to be invaluable list-keepers. Just have to remember to take my smartphone with me when I go shopping. Seems to go better having to remember that one thing rather than any number of other things..

What happens if you lose your phone on your way to the shops though?

The world stops spinning on its axis and is hurled into the abyss, obviously... :sherlock:
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #602
Well, my progress in getting the kitties switched over to a lower carb food may have hit a snag... :'(

Trying to get them from the meaty bits swimming in gravy to a paté that retains the shape of the can. And quite frankly, the smell of the paté is not making a great sales pitch. Especially when compared to the meat and gravy, which had me tempted to take a taste on more than one occasion.

Been mixing half a can of the new stuff in with a full can of their old for the past few days to help them adjust. Today I flipped the ratio (1 can new, 1/2 can old). Nixie seemed to take to it alright, but once he'd sucked up what little of the highly addictive gravy there was, Clint turned and looked up at me as if I were playing some cruel hoax on him. When the truth dawned on him, he headed to the basement, possibly to see if there were any mice down there that he may have missed.

This may be a long...long process... :(
Act like it!

Reply #603
Trying to get them from the meaty bits swimming in gravy to a paté that retains the shape of the can. And quite frankly, the smell of the paté is not making a great sales pitch.

Sounds delicious.   Not!
Today I flipped the ratio (1 can new, 1/2 can old). Nixie seemed to take to it alright, but once he'd sucked up what little of the highly addictive gravy there was, Clint turned and looked up at me as if I were playing some cruel hoax on him. When the truth dawned on him, he headed to the basement

Had the same problem here once with the dog we used to have. He was put on a very bland diet by the vet, the stuff was a solid lump of white stuff that also retained the shape of the tin. No matter how much we persisted with it, he point blank refused to eat it. Ended up with us having to come to a compromise with the vet, to feed him home made food. Still a bland diet but at least it looked and smelled like food.

This may be a long...long process...

Indeed. You have my sympathy.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #604
Been quite here for a while...

I think it's a mystery that the Malaysian airplane turned around to the Indian Ocean when it was supposed to go to Beijing.

Reply #605
Been quite here for a while...

It has been, I was about to muster a search party. 
I think it's a mystery that the Malaysian airplane turned around to the Indian Ocean when it was supposed to go to Beijing.

Yes, that's a real mystery that one. They seem to think they are looking in the right area now at least, with pings from the black box. Whether that is the case or not remains to be seen. Even if they do eventually find it, I think it will be a long, long, time before they figure out what exactly happened to it.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #606
The plane could've attempted and emergency landing in Vietnam or Thailand. But it kept going and supposedly crashed on the Indian ocean, which puzzles me. Maybe the plane's landing gear wasn't working? And why did the plane made an opposite turn to begin with?  :confused:

You probably already heard that Michael Schumacer had a moment of consciousness from coma. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/apr/04/michael-schumacher-moments-awakening-coma-formula-one-skiing-accident

Reply #607
The plane could've attempted and emergency landing in Vietnam or Thailand.

Depends on the circumstances. The pilots could have been unconscious for all we know. so that wouldn't be possible. Of course if they were unconscious there's another mystery. How did they become unconscious in the first place. I hope they discover what happened for all the families sakes, but I feel there is going to be a lot of unanswered questions. 

You probably already heard that Michael Schumacer had a moment of consciousness from coma.

Caught it on the news at the end of last week. You think of all the risks he took in his F1 career and then something like that happens.

So after that cheery lot, anything good happening? 

Reply #608
The only good thing that is happening here in Minnesota is that it's been sunny with temp in the 60s°F, and I see a lot of girls jogging in shorts on the sidewalk.   :cool: :yes:

Reply #609
I see a lot of girls jogging in shorts on the sidewalk.    8)

Watch where you're going then, remember lampposts hurt if you walk into them.

Reply #610

I see a lot of girls jogging in shorts on the sidewalk.    8)

Watch where you're going then, remember lampposts hurt if you walk into them.

I knew you're going to say something like that. :D A friend of mine actually hit a lamp post once when  we're on a bicycle ride. I'm pretty sure he was looking at this girl jogging with only her shorts and bra. We were going pretty fast on our bikes so he was totally thrown off from his bike. :eyes: Luckily it was just his bicyle that hit the lamp post and not his head. :whistle:

Reply #611
I knew you're going to say something like that.  ;D

It was a bit predictable, but I couldn't resist.

A friend of mine actually hit a lamp post once when  we're on a bicycle ride. I'm pretty sure he was looking at this girl jogging with only her shorts and bra.

See I told you it was dangerous.

Reply #613
300 riot police in my neighborhood tonight.  :eyes:  It is now 9:50pm and I can hear a police helicopter continuosly patroling around the area.

I didn't think you had to take precautions like that, at sporting events over there. Learn something new every day right enough.
It's a fairly normal thing here with the football hooligans, as these idiots go on the rampage.

Reply #614
LoL, yeah. Not much happened this time. A few years ago the riot got out of hand and they flipped cars and smashed window stores in the area. :whistle: This year the riot police warned that they may have to use tear gas against the riot. Good thing none of that happened. :up:

Reply #615
This year the riot police warned that they may have to use tear gas against the riot. Good thing none of that happened.

Good thing indeed. Maybe the warning from the police was enough to keep them at bay.
The last thing you want over there is football hooligan behaviour getting into your sports.

Reply #616
Ok...I wake up on this fine spring morning, look out the window and...

...it's snowing. SNOWING!!!

I am so sick of this crap.

And so is Clint apparently, as he has just abandoned his quiet nature and issued a loud "meow!" about the whole business.
Or maybe he's just saying "Thanks!" for the treat he just got after his insulin shot. Who can say?
Act like it!

Reply #617

I thought you liked snow? 
And so is Clint apparently, as he has just abandoned his quiet nature and issued a loud "meow!" about the whole business.
Or maybe he's just saying "Thanks!" for the treat he just got after his insulin shot. Who can say?

Depends, was the meow accompanied by a grumpy face or a contented face? That's usually a dead give away

Reply #618

Snow is one of those things that I like in moderation...moderation being about one or two snowfalls of 6 or more inches. You know, just enough to be a hassle for everyone else but not so much that I can't get out and act all superior in my AWD vehicle and excellent driving skills.

Oh, and said snowfalls must occur during the WINTER! Not in the spring and not on my recently reseeded lawn... :doh:

Depends, was the meow accompanied by a grumpy face or a contented face? That's usually a dead give away

Couldn't see his face at the time of the utterance. He just walked up and sat in my office doorway, sounded off, and by the time I came from behind my desk he was just sitting there looking up at me like "yeah, what?". Inscrutable little bugger, that one.

Heck, for all I know he does that every Monday morning. I'm normally at work so wouldn't know...
Act like it!

Reply #619

Snow is one of those things that I like in moderation...moderation being about one or two snowfalls of 6 or more inches. You know, just enough to be a hassle for everyone else but not so much that I can't get out and act all superior in my AWD vehicle and excellent driving skills.

Oh, and said snowfalls must occur during the WINTER! Not in the spring and not on my recently reseeded lawn... :doh:

You could always move a little south. Not as far as I am because your desired snowfall doesn't always occur here.

Reply #620

You could always move a little south. Not as far as I am because your desired snowfall doesn't always occur here.

Hmm...not so sure about that. Southern US makes me a bit nervous for a variety of reasons...;)
Act like it!

Reply #621

Reply #622
Couldn't see his face at the time of the utterance. He just walked up and sat in my office doorway, sounded off, and by the time I came from behind my desk he was just sitting there looking up at me like "yeah, what?". Inscrutable little bugger, that one.

He was probably just telling you that you were late for work. Cats can be very bossy when the mood takes them you know.

Reply #623

He was probably just telling you that you were late for work. Cats can be very bossy when the mood takes them you know.

Do tell...
Act like it!

Reply #624
Do tell...

Have you never experienced the bossy cat? I must send Bailey over to you so you can experience it.

Example: It's late at night and he decides he's going out, so meowing and wailing starts as he sits behind the front door. You get up from your comfy chair and tell him it's not happening at this late hour, but that's not good enough for him, no, no. no. You sit back down in your comfy chair and in he comes, sits in front of you and places a paw on your knee. (sounds cute so far, right?)

He puts on his best face and then he proceeds to go through his whole repertoire of meowing and purring, accompanied with the claws digging further into your knee, If your lucky he will pull himself up and give you a nice cuddle, or perchance a headbutt or two, just so you know he's there of course. A gentle word from you that you know, but it's not happening at this time of night sees him sloping off in disgust.

Then you hear it... This, this, thing, trundling down the hallway, you freeze because you know what's about to happen. And then you see it... This ginger and white thing pretending to be a Tasmanian devil, comes hurtling through the door and launches itself at you. Teeth and claws start ripping your arm to shreds, he wants out and he wants out right now.

So umm, yeah, he get's out.