Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461146 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #575
Seen one with a child once. That was amazing! After watching these types of videos, I am thankful I don't have any limitations/disabilities.  Hope I didn't jinx my future.  :zip:

Reply #576
I am thankful I don't have any limitations/disabilities.  Hope I didn't jinx my future.

You never know what's ahead, but maybe that's a good thing.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #577

I am thankful I don't have any limitations/disabilities.  Hope I didn't jinx my future.

You never know what's ahead, but maybe that's a good thing.

Yea, knowing the future takes all the suspense and excitement away. Have I ever mentioned I love surprises? (Not the kind where you open your door to a burning pile of poo either)

Reply #578
Have I ever mentioned I love surprises? (Not the kind where you open your door to a burning pile of poo either)

I think you have mentioned it before. Who doesn't like a nice surprise though?
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #579

I think you have mentioned it before. Who doesn't like a nice surprise though?

I've heard random people tell me they don't like surprises. Some say that it makes them uncomfortable to the point they can't stand it. As for me, I like the random visits most. I'm a terrible gift taker. I grew up a giver.  :)

Reply #580
I've heard random people tell me they don't like surprises. Some say that it makes them uncomfortable to the point they can't stand it

I could believe that of some folk, I'm not one of them though.

As for me, I like the random visits most. I'm a terrible gift taker.

Surprise visits are the best, unless it's from someone you can't be doing with. All gifts are welcome.
I grew up a giver.
I'd like to think I did too.

Reply #581
How the heck did it go from 60°F and sunny yesterday to 25°F with a blowing snow today? :eyes:

Because of the temp drop I decided to stop by at a coffee shop. But the coffee shop has a big sign that says "Only decaff available today!" So I asked them why? And the guy working at the coffee said, "It's April Fool's Day." :lol:  :whistle:

Reply #582
How the heck did it go from 60°F and sunny yesterday to 25°F with a blowing snow today?

You're lucky you had 60°F to start off with, nit had anything remotely near that yet.

Because of the temp drop I decided to stop by at a coffee shop. But the coffee shop has a big sign that says "Only decaff available today!" So I asked them why? And the guy working at the coffee said, "It's April Fool's Day."  :))

You should have known...

Reply #583
Quote from: Luxor
You should have known...

That coffee shop really got me that time. :D

Reply #584
That coffee shop really got me that time.

You better have your wits about you next April.
Better still you get your revenge, you have a whole year to come up with something.

Reply #585
If I was Syav, I'd walk back in the coffee shop next year and order something that they possibly can't fulfill. Insist that they had it a week ago and not let up until someone gets frustrated. Then, say April fools.

Reply #586
If I was Syav, I'd walk back in the coffee shop next year and order something that they possibly can't fulfill. Insist that they had it a week ago and not let up until someone gets frustrated. Then, say April fools.

Could backfire on him if he was too insistent that he had it a week previously. They might think he was a nutter and call for the men in white coats to come for him.

Reply #587

Could backfire on him if he was too insistent that he had it a week previously. They might think he was a nutter and call for the men in white coats to come for him.

:lol: If they did call them white coat fellas they'd be able to tell at some point he's not crazy. Unless he is....  :right:

Reply #588
If they did call them white coat fellas they'd be able to tell at some point he's not crazy. Unless he is....

Ooh! I never thought of that possibility.

Reply #589
The possibilities are endless.  :cheers:

Reply #590
Lol! :D Or I could give the coffee shop a list of coffee orders for a 'group meeting' and tell them that it is already prepaid by the company that I work for. :P

So I went to the grocery store to get some milk. Bought a bunch of other stuff. By the time I got home, I found out that I didn't get any milk.  :irked:

Reply #591
So I went to the grocery store to get some milk. Bought a bunch of other stuff. By the time I got home, I found out that I didn't get any milk.

If it's any consolation, my wife does that all the time. 

Reply #592

Lol! :D Or I could give the coffee shop a list of coffee orders for a 'group meeting' and tell them that it is already prepaid by the company that I work for. :P

So I went to the grocery store to get some milk. Bought a bunch of other stuff. By the time I got home, I found out that I didn't get any milk.  :irked:

:lol: That could work except when it comes time to pay. You might get reprimanded by your employer.

There have been countless times I have gone to the store for something or several items and forgot one thing or another. I usually make a list now. 

Reply #593
Quote from: Luxor
If it's any consolation, my wife does that all the time. 

Your wife and myself and can work as a team for grocery shopping. Then I can always ask your wife, "Did we miss anything...?" and she'll say "Nope!" :D

Reply #594
Quote from: Mandi
I usually make a list now.

Oh yes, good idea! I didn't have a list yesterday, because all I really wanted to get was some milk. :whistle:

Reply #595
There have been countless times I have gone to the store for something or several items and forgot one thing or another. I usually make a list now.

My wife makes a list too, I'll even ask her if she has put whatever on her list and she'll say yes. Still comes back without it though.
Your wife and myself and can work as a team for grocery shopping. Then I can always ask your wife, "Did we miss anything...?" and she'll say "Nope!"

Don't believe her if she does tell you that Syav.

Reply #596

:lol: That could work except when it comes time to pay. You might get reprimanded by your employer.

I have started making lists.
I wonder when I will start to remember to bring the list with me.

Reply #597
Quote from: tt92
I have started making lists.
I wonder when I will start to remember to bring the list with me.

Lol :D. I suppose it doesn't help if you forget to bring the list with you.

Reply #598
I've found OneNote and Evernote apps to be invaluable list-keepers. Just have to remember to take my smartphone with me when I go shopping. Seems to go better having to remember that one thing rather than any number of other things... :)
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #599
I've found OneNote and Evernote apps to be invaluable list-keepers. Just have to remember to take my smartphone with me when I go shopping. Seems to go better having to remember that one thing rather than any number of other things..

What happens if you lose your phone on your way to the shops though?