Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461233 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #550

Anybody tried the new peanut butter flavor?
I couldn't think of anything worse, nasty stuff.

I second that revulsion. You know it must be bad when Luxor and I agree that it's bad... :))

That has to be a first, surely.

The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #551
Quote from: Luxor
I couldn't think of anything worse, nasty stuff.

Jimbro should know by now that Luxor would never try anything that has peanut butter in it. :D

I've tried peanut butter flavor once, but it tasted like hot melted butter. A tobacco flavor with a hint of roasted peanuts on the exhale is more to my liking. :sherlock:

Reply #552
I've tried peanut butter flavor once, but it tasted like hot melted butter.

I tried a caramel flavour once, it tasted like hot melted butter too.
It smelled nice oddly enough but I wasn't very impressed with the flavour. Never bought it again, lesson learned as they say.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #553
Since I don't smoke, chew or sniff, I'd like to suggest another flavor for your consideration.

That ain't peanut butter, boys.

Reply #554
That ain't peanut butter, boys.

I hope they're not yours.

Reply #555

I second that revulsion. You know it must be bad when Luxor and I agree that it's bad... :))

That has to be a first, surely.

Double checked my calendar; no apocalypse scheduled, and weather report indicates hell hasn't frozen over, so I think we're safe... :up:
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #556
Double checked my calendar; no apocalypse scheduled,

I gotta get me one of those calendars. I just have a boring, normal one.

Reply #557

Double checked my calendar; no apocalypse scheduled,

I gotta get me one of those calendars. I just have a boring, normal one.

They're easy to come by. Every day just check the news for any religious whack-job predicting the end of the earth, laugh, and then proceed as normal. Only equipment required is a device that receives news reports, and a standard calendar (myself, I prefer the Wayside Waifs pet adoption calendar) on which you can check off the days that said catastrophic events don't occur...
Act like it!

Reply #558
Quote from: Jimbro3738
Since I don't smoke, chew or sniff, I'd like to suggest another flavor for your consideration.

I should've known Jimbro had some twisted ideas. :whistle:

I tried a caramel flavour once, it tasted like hot melted butter too.

Yup. Same thing with butterscotch flavor. Melted butter tastes good when cooked on vegetables, but when you smoke on something that tastes or smells like hot melted butter it's just nasty.

Reply #559
They're easy to come by. Every day just check the news for any religious whack-job predicting the end of the earth, laugh, and then proceed as normal.

Is there enough days on the calendar for that?  

Yup. Same thing with butterscotch flavor. Melted butter tastes good when cooked on vegetables, but when you smoke on something that tastes or smells like hot melted butter it's just nasty.

Talking of nasty flavours. I was given a tin of tobacco at Xmas, not much aroma came from the tin so I didn't know what to expect from it. On lighting it up the best description of it would be that it smelled and tasted like pencil shavings left over after sharpening a pencil.
I ended up mixing it with another tobacco just to use it up.

Reply #560
It was God warning you.

Reply #561

They're easy to come by. Every day just check the news for any religious whack-job predicting the end of the earth, laugh, and then proceed as normal.

Is there enough days on the calendar for that?  

I think most like to predict the end of the world around "meaningful" dates like the end of the year, the beginning of spring, midsummer, etc. :P

Reply #562
It was God warning you.

Might have known that dark forces were involved. 
Interfering with a man's tobacco is bang out of order, pesky sky fairy.

Reply #563
I ended up mixing it with another tobacco just to use it up.

I've done something similar with my e-cig flavors. Wasn't worth it, I think. I rather not smoke something that tastes like pencil sharpener left over and get a sore throat from it. :whistle:

Reply #564
I think. I rather not smoke something that tastes like pencil sharpener left over and get a sore throat from it.

Ah but it was mixed with a nice cinnamon and clove flavour, (another Xmas gift) which itself  was a bit overpowering in all honesty. It worked very well and there was no hint of pencil shavings after mixing it.

Reply #565

I think. I rather not smoke something that tastes like pencil sharpener left over and get a sore throat from it.

Ah but it was mixed with a nice cinnamon and clove flavour, (another Xmas gift) which itself  was a bit overpowering in all honesty. It worked very well and there was no hint of pencil shavings after mixing it.

Well it's fortunate you had a nice blend to "cut" the pencil shavings batch. That pencil shaving taste sounds like it was a dried out batch. Certainly my cigars can taste like that if I haven't kept up on my humidor maintenance...
Act like it!

Reply #566
That pencil shaving taste sounds like it was a dried out batch.

Well that would be about the only reasonable  excuse it could have for it's taste. Unfortunately it was an airtight sealed tin and was fresh and moist. So I think that it was exactly as it was supposed to smell and taste like.
There must be a market out there for it, among pipe smokers with no sense of taste nor smell probably.

Reply #567
My grandfather used to smoke tobacco called "Baby's Bottom". Would I lie to you?

Reply #568
My grandfather used to smoke tobacco called "Baby's Bottom". Would I lie to you?

Why would I doubt you? Tastes like dark chocolate apparently. Linky

Reply #570
Sixty years ago I mixed pencil shavings with tobacco and told an acquaintance it was marijuana.
He manfully smoked it but was disappointed he got no buzz from it.
I did it because I read about somebody who did the same thing except that  his victim was convinced he  got high.

Reply #571
Shag tobacco is the best tobacco.

For a roll-up yep! Not much good for a pipe though.
I did it because I read about somebody who did the same thing except that  his victim was convinced he  got high.

Think that could be an urban myth, but who knows, there's some strange people out there.
Some folk used to believe you could get high if you smoked banana skins. The word gullible springs to mind. 

Reply #572
A heart warming story that has been hitting the news here. Deaf woman hears for first time after cochlear implant.
Difficult to watch without it bringing a lump to your throat.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LcNUxcQ8Y[/video]

Reply #573
I didn't realize speech therapy for deaf people worked so well.

Reply #574
didn't realize speech therapy for deaf people worked so well.

Neither did I, amazing isn't it? 
There was a follow up story on the BBC this morning, apparently it's not suitable for all deaf people. If it gives hearing to just one deaf person though, then it's worth all the effort that it must take to achieve results like that.