Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461148 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #475
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Some people like being tied up, others like—  :rip:

Allegedly so, though it doesn't bear thinking about.

I just fell over laughing. Thanks.

Your most welcome. 
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #476
I thought I had seen everything then these come along.
So who needs a pair?
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #477
Oh joy...we here in the US will be going on to Daylight Saving Time this weekend... :irked:

Honestly, I do not know why we continue this silly ritual. I could really use that hour of sleep we'll be losing... :'(
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #478
Oh joy...we here in the US will be going on to Daylight Saving Time this weekend...

Oh joy, that means it will be here soon to.  Oh indeed it is, it's the 30th of the month here.  ::)
Honestly, I do not know why we continue this silly ritual.

It does seem pointless nowadays, if there ever was a point in the first place. 
I could really use that hour of sleep we'll be losing...

Sounds like somebody could be working in the morning.

Reply #479

Honestly, I do not know why we continue this silly ritual.

It does seem pointless nowadays, if there ever was a point in the first place. 

It's kind of come and gone over here before for a variety of reasons from increased farm production to energy and/or fuel savings (energy was the reason it was last brought back here in the '70's).

I could really use that hour of sleep we'll be losing...

Sounds like somebody could be working in the morning.

You betcha. And when you're working 12 hour shifts, every hour of sleep is precious...:(
Act like it!

Reply #480
Even the cats know it's too damn early. I'm up getting ready for work and they're still in bet. I can almost hear them snoring "wtf?".
Act like it!

Reply #481
Even the cats know it's too damn early. I'm up getting ready for work and they're still in bet. I can almost hear them snoring "wtf?".

Sounds familiar. You can bet your bottom dollar too that when the clocks change back again and you have that chance of an extra hour in bed, they will be wide awake and wanting fed at the normal time. That's what Bailey does anyway.

Reply #482

Even the cats know it's too damn early. I'm up getting ready for work and they're still in bed. I can almost hear them snoring "wtf?".

Sounds familiar. You can bet your bottom dollar too that when the clocks change back again and you have that chance of an extra hour in bed, they will be wide awake and wanting fed at the normal time. That's what Bailey does anyway.

"Normal" feeding time? That's another way of saying "when they're awake", right? ;)
Act like it!

Reply #483
"Normal" feeding time? That's another way of saying "when they're awake", right?

Of course and as you'll probably know with you being a cat slave, if your not awake then it's too bad, your awake now.  :P

Reply #484

"Normal" feeding time? That's another way of saying "when they're awake", right?

Of course and as you'll probably know with you being a cat slave, if your not awake then it's too bad, your awake now.  :P

Actually, when I'm not awake is "pet me" time. And god forbid I should get up to use the loo and have the temerity to think I'll be allowed to go back to sleep...>sigh<...
Act like it!

Reply #485
And god forbid I should get up to use the loo and have the temerity to think I'll be allowed to go back to sleep...>sigh<...

I'm surprised you even attempt it, surely you knew the rules when they adopted you. 

Reply #486

And god forbid I should get up to use the loo and have the temerity to think I'll be allowed to go back to sleep...>sigh<...

I'm surprised you even attempt it, surely you knew the rules when they adopted you. 

Didn't used to be that way. Tonka appreciated the benefits of a good nights sleep for her servants, including Clint. But now that Clint's the top cat, he's feeling like it's time to impose his "new world order".

I'll be so happy when Nixie figures out what a wuss Clint is and puts him in his place like Tonka used to do...
Act like it!

Reply #487
My sister adopted a 3 year old (might have been abused) cat from Petco. Grayson is surprisingly chill and sweet. Although, he doesn't like everyone but he loves me. :-)

Reply #488
Hit me up on Google hangouts, princess. I bricked my phone last night. :-\

Reply #490
I'll be so happy when Nixie figures out what a wuss Clint is and puts him in his place like Tonka used to do...

Nixie is most likely just being tolerant so far just to keep the peace. Then one day.......
My sister adopted 3 years (might have been abused) cat from Petco. Grayson is surprisingly chill and sweet. Although, he doesn't like everyone but he loves me. :-)

Hope the poor thing wasn't abused. Sounds like he is contented in his new home though so all good in the end.

Reply #491

Hope the poor thing wasn't abused. Sounds like he is contented in his new home though so all good in the end.

For the most part he seems to be. Occasionally, he beats up the 80lb boxer. He's still a little apprehensive towards her two year old. For good reason I imagine. Lol

Reply #492
Occasionally, he beats up the 80lb boxer.

That sounds like normal cat behaviour to be honest. Bailey terrorises our next door neighbours Alsatian constantly. Our previous cat did the same with any dog he encountered. The bigger the dog the less fearless he was. 

He's still a little apprehensive towards her two year old. For good reason I imagine. Lol

They're not daft, toddlers pull tails, ears and whiskers. 

Reply #493

Occasionally, he beats up the 80lb boxer.

That sounds like normal cat behaviour to be honest. Bailey terrorises our next door neighbours Alsatian constantly. Our previous cat did the same with any dog he encountered. The bigger the dog the less fearless he was. 

Cat perspective on dogs: "dogs are wusses and convenient punching bags"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ixvBFzG0kc

He's still a little apprehensive towards her two year old. For good reason I imagine. Lol

They're not daft, toddlers pull tails, ears and whiskers. 

Have no idea why toddlers and cats wouldn't get along...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88UO5SccNrs
Act like it!

Reply #494
I can't have a cat. Owl trumps cat. Lost two cats before I decided to quit feeding it.

Reply #495
Cat perspective on dogs: "dogs are wusses and convenient punching bags"

Who's noses can bleed profusely, as witnessed here once when our old cat had a swipe at my sisters black Labrador.

I can't have a cat. Owl trumps cat. Lost two cats before I decided to quit feeding it.

I can't decide if you're serious or making that up  ensbb3. Worryingly I think your serious.
Buy mice for owls, not kittens.

Reply #496

Cat perspective on dogs: "dogs are wusses and convenient punching bags"

Who's noses can bleed profusely, as witnessed here once when our old cat had a swipe at my sisters black Labrador.

One of the numerous reasons my family has always de-clawed our cats; makes life easier on the dogs and furniture...;)

I can't decide if you're serious or making that up  ensbb3. Worryingly I think your serious.
Buy mice for owls, not kittens.

Yes, owl/cat co-habitation is problematic at best... ::)
Act like it!

Reply #497
One of the numerous reasons my family has always de-clawed our cats;

Good idea for a house cat, not such a good idea when kitty goes outdoors though. They get into lots of scraps with other cats out there in the big bad world and a good set of claws is a must if they want to survive out there.

Reply #498

One of the numerous reasons my family has always de-clawed our cats;

Good idea for a house cat, not such a good idea when kitty goes outdoors though. They get into lots of scraps with other cats out there in the big bad world and a good set of claws is a must if they want to survive out there.

Yes...very good point. Family cats were always indoor cats. Although, I did have one cat...declawed per norm...who got out into that "big bad world" and ended up becoming the dominant cat of the neighborhood (according to the friend I left him to who let him get out)...
Act like it!

Reply #499
Although, I did have one cat...declawed per norm...who got out into that "big bad world" and ended up becoming the dominant cat of the neighborhood (according to the friend I left him to who let him get out)..

The cats in that neighbourhood must have been a right bunch of <ahem!> pussy's.