Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461167 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #400
Is it dressing up if your suit is cheaper than your shirt?

As I'm someone who's normal attire is jeans and a T-shirt, I would say yes.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #401
I picked up this severely el cheapo suit in some English chain a few years ago. It cost me something like €35. The shirt I'd probably wear with it was €40 or €45. :P (For that matter I don't really have any proper shirts cheaper than that, although I do pick up most on sale when they're slightly less.)

It doesn't look horrible or anything, or I wouldn't have picked it up. Still, it was something of an impulse buy.

I probably need more suits. *grins* I would've bought a moderately nice linen suit (not expensive!) at C&A last summer, but they didn't have the right size.

Reply #402
I probably need more suits.

Unless it's required for your job then a man only needs two suits. One for weddings and one for funerals. 
Dress smart but casual for other social occasions.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #405
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/28/us/dead-man-comes-back-life/

Read about that on the BBC, got to be pretty scary waking up in a body bag.

I'm more interested to know if he had any 'life after death experience'.

Think there seems to be a doubt if he was actually dead or not, if not then no after death experience for him. If there is such a thing of course.
Y'know...some people claimed they saw Jesus while others said they met their loved ones who already died.

Hmm! 

Reply #406
Well, everyone's getting the hatches battened down for yet another Snowpocolypsaggedon. What's that make...3 of those things for the midwest and eastern USA?

This business is getting SOOOOOOOOO old...:(
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #407
Well, everyone's getting the hatches battened down for yet another Snowpocolypsaggedon.

You just made that word up didn't you. 
What's that make...3 of those things for the midwest and eastern USA?

Does sound like you're getting more than your fair share that's for sure. What's the deepest you've had so far?

This business is getting SOOOOOOOOO old.

I have barely seen a snowflake at all this winter, nothing to shout about anyway. Rain on the other hand though......

Reply #408
I have barely seen a snowflake at all this winter

Four score and seven years ago we used to see these things called "snowflakes" frequently…

PS Last year the snow showed up in a couple of weeks from now. :P

Reply #409
PS Last year the snow showed up in a couple of weeks from now.

Same here though only enough to lie on the ground for a couple of days. Year before that though we had our fair share.

We had about 3 or so weeks of cold this winter

It's been fairly cold here all winter, not as cold as in the past though I reckon.

Reply #411
We had more and longer snow than Scotland? Wowzers!

The only place that really gets prolonged snow here is up in the highlands, I think the the skiers demand it to be so.

Reply #412
Right, talking to people from Aberdeen probably colors one's perspective. :P

Reply #413

Well, everyone's getting the hatches battened down for yet another Snowpocolypsaggedon.

You just made that word up didn't you. 

But of course...:D It's my solution to the problem of calling it a snowmageddon or snowpocolypse. Either of those terms get tossed around in pretty much equal proportion, so this one word covers both.

What's that make...3 of those things for the midwest and eastern USA?

Does sound like you're getting more than your fair share that's for sure. What's the deepest you've had so far?

I believe the last one was the biggie of the year (so far, fingers crossed, knock on wood, sacrifice an infan...I mean...umm...fingers crossed on both hands). Got a solid foot of snow here...:(

This business is getting SOOOOOOOOO old.

I have barely seen a snowflake at all this winter, nothing to shout about anyway. Rain on the other hand though......

Rain? In Scotland?!? You're making that up!  ;)
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #414
Right, talking to people from Aberdeen probably colors one's perspective.

It can be a harsh winter up there right enough.
But of course... :D  It's my solution to the problem of calling it a snowmageddon or snowpocolypse. Either of those terms get tossed around in pretty much equal proportion, so this one word covers both.

Well that's that cleared up then.
I believe the last one was the biggie of the year (so far, fingers crossed, knock on wood, sacrifice an infan...I mean...umm...fingers crossed on both hands). Got a solid foot of snow here..

A foot of snow isn't really much to grumble about, unless you're lying down in it in a drunken stupor of course.

Rain? In Scotland?!? You're making that up!

Yeah you're right, whoever was going to believe that one. Can't pull the wool over your eyes can I? 

Reply #415
Well it's official......MyOpera's life has been stripped from all of our hands. They didn't waste any time shutting her down today. Does it really bother any of y'all since, thanks to Frenzie, we are all on the Sanctuary? 

Reply #416
I won't be shedding a tear.
Have we got a smiley representing utter indifference?

Reply #417
Speaking of My Opera, I might have a nice surprise tomorrow. [/tease]

Reply #418
Does it really bother any of y'all since, thanks to Frenzie, we are all on the Sanctuary?

Nope! Not bothered at all after the way they seem to have disregarded all their users of both the browser and MyOpera.
Feck 'em.
Have we got a smiley representing utter indifference?

is the best I can come up with.
Speaking of My Opera, I might have a nice surprise tomorrow. [/tease]

Smilies/Smileys?

Reply #420
Hole in one, but the specifics are still being worked out.

Reply #421
Hmmmm.......then I will await your word.   :-\

Reply #423
No word yet. Fingers crossed! :)