Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461074 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #375
Our holiday pay consists of getting paid time and a half (major holidays only).

No chance of getting that here, not unless you were very lucky and got it as a condition in your contract of employment.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #376

Our holiday pay consists of getting paid time and a half (major holidays only).

No chance of getting that here, not unless you were very lucky and got it as a condition in your contract of employment.

Well, the paid time and a half is if you actually work on the holiday. Otherwise you just get your regular pay for the day, but take the day off.
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #377
Well, the paid time and a half is if you actually work on the holiday

Got you. 
It's not a standard here, though it does happen, down to conditions of employment etc. Depends how desperate your employer is too, I managed to wangle time and a half payment and time in lieu a couple of times in the past. Didn't make me very popular with the management though.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #378
Thanks for the clarification Expatri. I tend to leave out details. Lol
The differences are odd to me. Guess life would be boring without them.  ;)

Reply #379
I tend to leave out details. Lol

Ah well you have your hands full being a mum so your excused.
Talking of which, how come you ended up in ER with the young lad?

Reply #380

Talking of which, how come you ended up in ER with the young lain?

My step-dad brought him up to my work because he woke up from a dead sleep screaming. Mom and him were afraid that he had another inguinal hernia. I'll admit, I was a bit worried after we spoke.  When he arrived he seemed to be in less pain. I got him checked out anyway just to be safe. After tests we received confirmation that he is indeed full of poop. lol Miralax will be his friend for the next few days. Thanks for asking.

Reply #381
An international discussion forum for debating everything under the sun and then some.

As advertised, I guess. :whistles:

Reply #382
Olympics 2014 is over.

Reply #383
My step-dad brought him up to my work because he woke up from a dead sleep screaming. Mom and him were afraid that he had another inguinal hernia. I'll admit, I was a bit worried after we spoke.

Better safe than sorry.   
After tests we received confirmation that he is indeed full of poop.

Too much information.    

As advertised, I guess.

We aim to please.

Olympics 2014 is over.

The paralympics start in March, you'll have to satisfy yourself with them instead.

Reply #384
So I'm not one that gets a lot of TV time, however, when I do I usually stick to shows/movies I know. Do any of y'all recommend any TV series/movies?

Reply #385
Quote from: Luxor
The paralympics start in March, you'll have to satisfy yourself with them instead.

Nope, not watching that. I'll have to wait for the next Summer Olympics.

Reply #386
Quote from: Mandi
Do any of y'all recommend any TV series/movies?

Intelligence. Monday nights 7pm Central time. This guy has a computer chip implanted in his brain.

Reply #387

Intelligence. Monday nights 7pm Central time. This guy has a computer chip implanted in his brain.

I've caught some of that one. It is pretty good. I have a lot of catching up to do on that one I'm afraid. I guess any really. lol Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Reply #388

Not really.

Nope, not watching that. I'll have to wait for the next Summer Olympics.

Not even for the Ice sledge hockey? I think even I might watch a bit of that, though more out of curiosity than anything else if I'm honest. 

Reply #390
Bummer! :-(

My wife is the one who watches TV here. I know she raves about Breaking Bad but you've most likely seen it.

Reply #391

My wife is the one who watches TV here. I know she raves about Breaking Bad but you've most likely seen it.

I've heard of it but I don't believe I've ever seen it. I'm not really passionate about TV. I have a hard sitting still while I'm awake. If I'm still for too long I end up passed out. Lol

Reply #392
I've heard of it but I don't believe I've ever seen it

Thank goodness for that, I was beginning to think that I was the only person that had never seen it. 
I have a hard sitting still while I'm awake.

I'm frightened to ask, but a hard what?

Reply #395
It's official; I've been promoted to Technology Support Analyst - Senior! WOOT!!!
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #396
I've caught some of that one. It is pretty good. I have a lot of catching up to do on that one I'm afraid.

Ya think? I've only seen the last 2 episodes, Lol. I haven't been watching TV for months and just started to watch TV again. :P

Quote from: Luxor
Not even for the Ice sledge hockey? I think even I might watch a bit of that, though more out of curiosity than anything else if I'm honest.

Nope, I don't even care about watching NHL (National Hockey League). I only like to watch the Olympics hockey games. ;)

Reply #398

*cough, cough*
Breaking Bad looked potentially interesting on Mythbusters, but I haven't seen it.

:P

I can't remember everything.  Especially stuff about TV shows.

Oops..... I meant hard time. Filthy minds I tell ya.

I don't know what you mean.
It's official; I've been promoted to Technology Support Analyst - Senior! WOOT!!!

Congratulations buddy. That means the drinks are on you.

Nope, I don't even care about watching NHL (National Hockey League). I only like to watch the Olympics hockey games.

I thought hockey was hockey regardless of the competition.

Reply #399
Is it dressing up if your suit is cheaper than your shirt? :P

(Okay, I have a more expensive suit too… I just need to figure out which to wear. xD)