Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460316 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #75
Quote from: Luxor
You should come here.

Any donations for a flight ticket to Scotland is appreciated.  8)

Quote from: Luxor
I've just never quite figured out if they are very hardy lasses or just absolutely nuts.

I always think that they're trying to attract the guys. :D

Reply #76

Any donations for a flight ticket to Scotland is appreciated.  8)

If I ever win the lottery I'll keep you in mind.  ;D

I always think that they're trying to attract the guys. :D

Hope the guys know how to treat someone with hypothermia then.  ;)

The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #77
To his amazement the ugly gnome fell right into the bowl of bullion.

Did you see that? I heard the splash from all the way over there.

Reply #78
Why does that always happen to the ugly gnome? Damned careless if you ask me.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #79
James Bond is an 'impotent drunk'
Hmm! Must be a slow news day on the BBC.  ::)

Reply #82

Oh good grief. Apparently the BBC is starting to adopt the American model of journalism... ::)

Dumbing down for the masses. It fit's right in with their current TV programs that they call entertainment.

If you think that's bad enough, I'm sure you've heard of this one:

Yeah I heard it mentioned at the time. Can't remember if it was on the BBC or a newspaper, probably both unfortunately.  ;)

Reply #83

Oh good grief. Apparently the BBC is starting to adopt the American model of journalism... ::)

Dumbing down for the masses. It fit's right in with their current TV programs that they call entertainment.

Actually, the TV programs are getting to be fairly intelligent and entertaining...and some of the better shows are coming from some unexpected places like Netflix and Amazon (ok...Amazon's still struggling out of the gate)...

If you think that's bad enough, I'm sure you've heard of this one:

Yeah I heard it mentioned at the time. Can't remember if it was on the BBC or a newspaper, probably both unfortunately.  ;)

Anything from FauxNews automatically comes under the category of "suspicious", to put it kindly.

Frankly, if they were a newspaper, every fish caught would have a wrapper and every bird in a cage would have a place to shit...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #84

Actually, the TV programs are getting to be fairly intelligent and entertaining...and some of the better shows are coming from some unexpected places like Netflix and Amazon (ok...Amazon's still struggling out of the gate)...

I was talking about the BBC's program output though which is a steady stream of cookery shows, antique shows, reality shows and soaps.  >:(

Anything from FauxNews automatically comes under the category of "suspicious", to put it kindly.

Sounds a bit like SkyNews we have over here. Oh wait,  Rupert Murdoch is responsible for both of them so that figures.

Frankly, if they were a newspaper, every fish caught would have a wrapper and every bird in a cage would have a place to shit...

Eloquently put dear sir.  ;D

Reply #87

I was talking about the BBC's program output though which is a steady stream of cookery shows, antique shows, reality shows and soaps.  >:(

I thought you might be, but BBC does have some good shows out there, though not sure if they're aired in Scotland (seem to recall you mentioning that you get a somewhat limited selection from them). Sherlock, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey are much enjoyed here (ok...not the best defense of quality there, but they are rather enjoyable shows)...

Sounds a bit like SkyNews we have over here. Oh wait,  Rupert Murdoch is responsible for both of them so that figures.

Why...one might think that you're asserting that Mr. Murdoch has an agenda or something...;)

Thank you sir. High praise indeed...:D

Yes; thank goodness for Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. It is very telling that the more accurate news stories are coming from the satirists rather than the "journalists"...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #88

I thought you might be, but BBC does have some good shows out there, though not sure if they're aired in Scotland (seem to recall you mentioning that you get a somewhat limited selection from them). Sherlock, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey are much enjoyed here (ok...not the best defense of quality there, but they are rather enjoyable shows)...

You're the first person that I've known to ever use the term "enjoyable" and Downton Abbey in the same sentence.  ;)

Why...one might think that you're asserting that Mr. Murdoch has an agenda or something... ;)

Perish the thought, he might be listening in. :-X

Thank you sir. High praise indeed... :D

Well it is Xmas.  :D  ;)

Reply #89
I was replying to one of the game threads when a message appeared that said something like this: “a new post has been made while you're replying". That's a good thing because I won't get the 'you missed the last post' bug ;)

Reply #90
Yep! You're not the only one who has noticed it and likes that function. See here.
A definite improvement on the MyOpera way off doing things.  :)

Reply #91
Another kudos to Franz for finding an efficient board ;)

Reply #92
I just found out that all my Files at MyOpera are gone. :eyes: Never had the chance to save those.  :-\

Reply #93
I just found out that all my Files at MyOpera are gone.

Sure it's not a temporary bug? all mine are still there. If not you could post in the My Opera: Feedback, questions and discussions forum and ask what's happened to them and if they could be recovered. It's a pretty poor show if they can't.

Frenzie has added a couple of enhancements to the forums. You should now see "My Bookmarks" in the top navigation and "Add Bookmark" alongside the "Notify" option on topics. Also for quoting you should now see "Quote (selected)" which makes things a bit better when you want to quote from other posts.  :D

Reply #94
Thanks, Luxor. Yup it was a temporary bug. Yesterday I checked on two browsers including my phone and my opera file was empty. That was one weird bug.   :o

Reply #95
Yup it was a temporary bug

Good. that probably means it was just the devs tinkering with things.  ;D

Reply #97
Probably getting their ducks in a row before closing up shop...

Fattening them up to use for Xmas dinner more like.  ;) 

Reply #98
A woman on the phone in the tram was using some unusual vocabulary today. She was accusing a "French slut" (whose accent she at times malevolently imitated) of "giving head to homosexuals" and she informed this "French slut" that she should stick her phone in her "man-hating cunt". She got off at the Justice Palace, which might've meant an interesting experience for some clerk or perhaps even a judge. Until now I thought such people only existed on Judge Judy.

Reply #99
ׂ