Skip to main content
Topic: The Worst People in the World (Read 18457 times)

The Worst People in the World

For starters, try this one and then see what you can find. Such asswipes should find quarters here   :rip:

Four cancer charities and their operators have been charged with shamefully bilking $187 million from consumers, the Federal Trade Commission announced today.

According to the FTC, which worked in conjunction with all 50 states, donors were told that their donations would help cancer patients.

"Those were outright lies," said Jessica Rich of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Who's Getting Your Money? 5 Signs a 'Charity' Is Really a Scam
Instead, the FTC said today that the majority of funds went to several charity executives who lined their own pockets and spent donations on cars, vacations, college tuition, gym memberships, Jet Ski outings and dating site memberships. The FTC said that some also allegedly used charity credit cards at Hooters restaurant and to buy lingerie at Victoria's Secret stores.

Re: The Worst People in the World

Reply #1
if everyone is smart , there will no  Charlatans . 

but the reality is ,  not everyone is smart .

Reply #2
Who's Getting Your Money? 5 Signs a 'Charity' Is Really a Scam

#1 It's called a charity. (Seriously look at the laws regarding such)

if everyone is smart , there will no  Charlatans

It's a little unfair to attribute it to intelligence alone. Prying on emotions is how you circumvent even the smartest person's good sense.

Reply #3

For starters, try this one and then see what you can find.

The FTC said that some also allegedly used charity credit cards at Hooters restaurant and to buy lingerie at Victoria's Secret stores.

Maybe they wanted to diagnose  breast cancer up close and personal.

These are pretty bad, but those preying on sick people are of a different class.

Reply #4
It's a little unfair to attribute it to intelligence alone

if those people that are scammed know what is that " Appeal to emotion ", rhetoric  , etc .
i guess they aint lose anything ..

not even their faith in Humanity

btw ..
search this keyword " Crowdfunding Scam "

and you'll find many of them .

Reply #5
if those people that are scammed know what is that " Appeal to emotion ", rhetoric  , etc .
i guess they aint lose anything ..

I think appeal to greed is the major driver.

Reply #6
I think appeal to greed is the major driver.

For the scammer or for the scammed?  Where's the greed when being scammed for giving money to supposedly help cancer's victims?

I'm not too harsh about scams, there are people that deserves it, exactly those driven by greed and easy money dreams. On the other hand, a scam it's always an abuse on people's credulity. It's not good if everybody stops believing all the other human beings.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #7
For the scammer or for the scammed?  Where's the greed when being scammed for giving money to supposedly help cancer's victims?

I would probably call that fraud, not a scam. I might be thinking of the word wrongly, but in my mind the prototypical scammer prays on greed or vanity, not compassion.

Reply #9
I would probably call that fraud, not a scam.

Subtle. Never thought about the difference between a fraud and a scam...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #11
I am not permitted to watch it. Some problem with copyright.

Isis seems not to use the bad habits of Americans, copyright. You can always see their beheadings.
Unless yours.
The Worst People in the World

This thread should be banned. Firstly we are not children and secondly cancer bullshit was the pretext to call Muslims the worst people in the world. Many other threads are enough for that.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #12
Who said that Muslims are the worst people in the world. Read carefully, Belfrager.

Reply #13
I would probably call that fraud, not a scam. I might be thinking of the word wrongly, but in my mind the prototypical scammer prays on greed or vanity, not compassion.

Do they not have those <Save the Kids Foundation> commercials where you are?

Not that I disagree with those incentives*, I just wouldn't limit myself to them either. Pure sales technique. You present yourself as reputable and like-minded then apply pressure to whatever emotional cords play best. Make wants seem achievable and to be more like reasonable needs. The distinction between frauds, scams and legitimate sales can be vague.    

*edited word select fail.

Reply #14

I just watched a documentary on ISIS. They are among the worst people in the world. If you can watch this video, you should, terrible as it is.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/escaping-isis/

I am not permitted to watch it. Some problem with copyright.
Probably just as well.

"We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions."

Good that it's not wrong restrictions.

Reply #15
I tried a couple of different ways to no avail.

Reply #16
Do they not have those <Save the Kids Foundation> commercials where you are?

I couldn't say; I haven't watched TV in years and the ads I do see mostly seem to be for cars and insurance. But you're often accosted by people on the streets trying to sell you the WWF or Greenpeace or the Heart Foundation, etc. What flabbergasted me when watching some American TV (besides the sheer quantity of ads) was all of the commercials for medication.

The distinction between frauds, scams and legitimate sales can be vague.

Quite so.

Reply #17
if everyone is smart , there will no  Charlatans . 

but the reality is ,  not everyone is smart .

C'mon, charlatans are smarter than you--way smarter because they have thought out what you don't know yet. 
James J

Reply #18
Subtle. Never thought about the difference between a fraud and a scam...

The worst people in the world are the best at being the worst what they do.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #19
The worst people in the world are the best at being the worst what they do.
You couldn't even write a simple sentence expressing a simple thought… :) Maybe the worst people in the world are those who write gibberish, and think they're smart! (Of course, their SpellCheck and GrammarCheck apps might have save them from some grief! But they know too much to rely upon those: They're too smart; too smart for themselves!)
James, you seem to have lost your ability to speak/write English… (Have you joined Jeb Bush's campaign? :) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #20
Maybe the worst people in the world are those who write gibberish, and think they're smart!

Ommmmmmmm "I invite you to try something a little different to get help with life’s complexities and with your life’s path. Instead of looking for guidance from other people – instead of looking for the guru on the mountain or at the frailties of other posters, look within." Ommmmmmmm

Reply #21
James, you seem to have lost your ability to speak/write English…

I do get a bit befuddled after 6 or 20 Margaritas--ever happen to you sport?  Naaahh...you get infinitely  smarted the more inebriated you get (we have all witnessed that).  What makes you think you are better than me as a person?  You seem to think that the ability to parse certain difficult equations puts you a step above the crowd (this is only one of the sillier stupid things you have said to me).  Come down off your tinker toy pedestal pal, before you break your fool neck--and have the balls to answer this Oak--don't act the geeky panty waste that you are.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #22
Gentlemen, a fencing match is in order with no protective vests.

Reply #23
I wouldn't waste my time piercing the fool.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #24
In 1940s I think Indiana Jones stumbled one of the worst and feared leader in the world.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mmROTCPVj8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]