Skip to main content
Topic: Experts (Read 4649 times)

Experts

It should surprise me that self-appointed experts could be so wrong...after all, they are experts...but it doesn't. Pick a field === motorsports, football, global warming, the size of the universe, peace in the Middle East. The experts weigh in, assess, pontificate, throw cake in the faces of their opponents, and then tell us how the world really works.

[move]Wouldn't you like a bit more modesty...just for once? [/move]

Re: Experts

Reply #1
Modesty is my greatest expertise. Nobody beats me on that.

Reply #2
If I go and see my Doctor, I would prefer to leave him thinking that he was confident in his advice.

The same with traffic lights, mushroom picking guidelines and pilots.

Reply #7
I'm sorry I opened this thread.
>:(

Reply #8
They are better minced with offal though.

After that incisive analysis, I'm labelling you an EXPERT, very much like these experts.

A team of European scientists with way too much time on its hands has discovered that dogs tend to position themselves in alignment with the earth’s magnetic field before they take every big, steamy dump.

The Czech and German researchers committed two years of their professional lives to the longitudinal study of canine crap, reports The Christian Science Monitor. The point was to determine magnetic sensitivity in dogs—at least when they poop.

The proud scientists say the findings “open new horizons for biomagnetic research.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/04/breaking-scientists-say-dogs-align-along-earths-north-south-axis-when-pooping/#ixzz2siuDsXhk

Reply #10
We could use those in the states. How many times have you tried to use the washroom and somebody peed on the toilet? :irked: I swear, I leave the toilet wanting to kick somebody square in the nuts.

Reply #11
I've seen similar things in Europe. But yeah, how hard is it to raise the frickin' seat before you pee if you don't want to sit? Or to flush at all.

Reply #12
I've seen similar things in Europe. But yeah, how hard is it to raise the frickin' seat before you pee if you don't want to sit? Or to flush at all.

Don't use the toilet, use the urinal!

A couple of weeks ago I took my grandsons out for lunch. The youngest ALWAYS has to urinate at the restaurant...any restaurant.

By the time I got to the restroom, he was already steadying himself by putting his hands on the urinal sides. The urinal was full and not draining, so the spillover had soaked his socks. If I didn't love him, I'd have left him there.