Skip to main content

Poll

Will there be…

…more beer?
[ 6 ] (100%)
…less beer?
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Topic: The world in 2030 (Read 58923 times)

Re: The world in 2030

Reply #75
probably since the end of WWII

How would you react, to the end of WWIII…? Because it is coming: Civilization -however you conceive it, is under assault…

There is one ultimate foe: Islamic Supremacism. There are erudite explications of the ISIS ideology; but they don't matter, and you don't care to understand them. You'd rather haggle.

I hope we (the U.S.) has an administration willing to defeat them. Noone else seems either capable or willing.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #76
I hope we (the U.S.) has an administration willing to defeat them. Noone else seems either capable or willing.

What's the difference between ISIS and many others before or even today? they use youtube, nothing else. The youtube you created, just like the twin towers you built.
That means they studied you (the U.S. and the rest). Terror is like everything else, it can be well done or poorly done, they do it well and your fear proofs it.

A civilization afraid of videos is no civilization. Truth is embarrassing.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #77
They use YouTube, mass murder, war crimes, sexual slavery, torture, ethnic cleansing, genocide, and yes, terror. I would agree with you that using YouTube reflects badly on them.

Reply #78
mass murder, war crimes, sexual slavery, torture, ethnic cleansing, genocide,

Banal, many do it. Using youtube to turn it into Terror, that's their specialty.

If people are not afraid, governments can't keep on doing more freedom restrictive measures. That's ISIS raison d'etre.
I'm afraid Oakdale that your governments is not interested at all in finishing with them, your government, europeans and many others.

As I said, 2030 is being prepared.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #79

That means they studied you (the U.S. and the rest). Terror is like everything else, it can be well done or poorly done, they do it well and your fear proofs it.

A civilization afraid of videos is no civilization. Truth is embarrassing.

ISIS didn't study of their own initiative. U.S. govt taught them, and they turned out to be too good students. Just like with the Taliban and Al-Qaida previously, ISIS is yet another creation of the U.S. that became a costly worldwide problem.

Oakdale, have you forgotten the phase in the media when Syrian rebels were supposedly the good guys and everybody had to support them as much as possible? All focus was on bringing down Assad the tyrant. The U.S. brought down Saddam the tyrant and what came of that? Looks like the U.S is specifically calculating for more war, wanton destruction, and everlasting instability.

It's very easy to get rid of ISIS - just let Kurds create their own independent state. With independent Kurdistan at an early stage, say in the 80's, both Saddam and Assad could have been moderated without any need of killing (I'm not so sure they even needed moderation). But independent Kurdistan would obviously moderate Turkey too, so now we have to live with the Caliphate instead.

Reply #80
Nouns are not usually coming in superlative form, but those were nonsenseest statements.

The US neither created, nor inspired ISIL/Da'ish. They have older and better sources of inspiration. At most they have taken advantages of voids, some of which have come as a result of US action. The Assad regime is still responsible for most of the killings in Syria. The US has never supported ISIL nor al-Nusra, but have spent more resources on al-Nusra/AQ for own reasons. AQ is much more likely to make an attack on US soil or against US targets than ISIL is, and considered them the greater threat. They may still do so. Even so the US invested considerable military force and diplomacy to get Sunnis to beat ISIL up, and quite successful they were too.

ISIL is a menace to its surroundings and the territory they've conquered, not to Europe, not to the US. Sure they can be a pest here too, as shown partly in Paris and in Copenhagen when misfits claimed allegiance to ISIL in their police-assisted suicides. But the Kurds, the Yazidi, the Shia, the Assyrians, the differently-minded Sunni, they don't need YouTube to realise what they have on the doorstep. Speaking of which the Kurds, with their newly received airforce and somewhat improved weaponry, can put up a good fight in their home turf, which is a small part of ISIL territory. Outside there they are more hated than ISIL. Saddam Hussein and the Assads have killed Kurds in a quantity  far beyond what ISIL can aspire to, they would if they could, but they can't.

All of which should be in the thread: What's going on in the Caliphate, and the affected neighbourhood? and not in this, it doesn't have any relevance for 2030.

There are two alternatives. Either ISIL is right, the Islamic doomsday is at hand, this world is over, and Allah will spend the rest of eternity showering us all with boiling water and dressing us in flaming clothes. Or, what I would consider a slightly more likely scenario, as a Caliphate they will be defeated militarily, politically, and religiously long before 2030. You might enjoy this: What Women ISIS Really Wants

Reply #81

Nouns are not usually coming in superlative form, but those were nonsenseest statements.

The US neither created, nor inspired ISIL/Da'ish. They have older and better sources of inspiration. At most they have taken advantages of voids, some of which have come as a result of US action. The Assad regime is still responsible for most of the killings in Syria. The US has never supported ISIL nor al-Nusra, but have spent more resources on al-Nusra/AQ for own reasons.

"Result of US action" is something different than "US created it"? And "spent resources on" is different from financing and support? "The US has never supported al-Nusra, they only spent resources on them..."

I agree on one thing - these are nonsense statements.

I am not familiar with the details, but the pattern is clear: US meddles, mayhem follows. US picks allies at whim and also changes them at whim. The examples of Al-Qaida and Taliban are pretty well established.

And Saddam is also an example. The US used him in the 80's to wage a long unnecessary war against Iran that did nothing except kill people. Back then he was an ally. Rumsfeld and Saddam:

The way US behaves is total nonsense. Up to and including 2030 we will only see more of the same.

Reply #82
All of which should be in the thread: What's going on in the Caliphate, and the affected neighbourhood? and not in this, it doesn't have any relevance for 2030.

You're wrong jax, most of our threads are about nothing but about preparations for 2030.
Some can see it, other's don't.

The "New Order" is real and it goes further, much way further, than any other empire on Earth has ever gone before. Total, complete and absolute subjugation of Mankind. The only explanation for that it's their origin not being ours, something I have reluctance on accepting but evidence strikes every day...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #83

That photo has been photoshopped! That's not Saddam, it's Mr. Howie with a Saddam head.

Reply #84
In the year 2030, the ever-consistent and obsequious Mr. Howie will still be cottoning on about US policy, eventually compiling a book entitled, "A Treatise on American Policies" by RJ Howie.

:o

Reply #86

Do you always live your life by taking things to their absolute worst possible conclusion?

I'm being realist, not pessimist, I just read the sign of times. You too can do it, you just don't want to and do like the ostrich, prefer to put the head into the sand so you don't see what comes to you. It's more comfortable.

We're facing dark times, really dark ones, the 2030 I described it's being prepared for some time, probably since the end of WWII.

Was there ever a time in history when all the signs were indicative of a rosy future for humankind?  Your 'glass-half-empty' view of the future is not at all realistic, and certainly not helpful.  Religious sorts have been predicting your same doomsday scenario for millennia and yet life just keeps getting better.  Sure, there are the inevitable bumps (often big ones), and hard times on our journey to improve the world and human condition equally for all, but one must be quite unrealistic or simply blind to not see progress towards that end.  Your resignation to the delusion of armageddon is merely one of the many road blocks that religion imposes on the good people working hard towards building a better future for their children.  I suppose that asking ya'll to keep your black thoughts to yourself is asking too much, huh?  *I thought so.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #87
Well must say that any head would be better than the average ex-colonist one as that suggest propaganda braining.  :P 8)
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #88
So, JSeaton and Belfrager argue over optimism and pessimism/realism.

I suggest a third possibility. Opportunism.

While the optimist and the pessimist argue over whether the glass of wine is half full or half empty, the opportunist rushes in and drinks the wine.....
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #89

Well must say that any head would be better than the average ex-colonist one as that suggest propaganda braining.  :P 8)

What about the propaganda braining of a monarchist? How would that compare to ex-colonial propaganda?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #90
Was there ever a time in history when all the signs were indicative of a rosy future for humankind?

I'm not concerned about rosy futures, let them come, I'm concerned  about dark futures. The answer is that today you have nothing but signs that should worry you.
With an exception, universal and credible, Pope Francis.
Your resignation to the delusion of armageddon is merely one of the many road blocks that religion imposes on the good people working hard towards building a better future for their children.

The worst crimes are always committed by the "good people working hard towards building a better future for their children".
Try traveling, knowing the world opens your spirit and makes you a cult person. :)
So, JSeaton and Belfrager argue over optimism and pessimism/realism.

Not exactly, we are arguing about being used or remaining free. It turns difficult and hopeless when one has to argue about such "dilemma".
A matter of attitude.

Reply #91
I know jax counseled against it (…and I generally appreciate jax's counsel), but I'd bring up ISIS again:

From all I've read, the U.S. has the wherewithal to decimate this incipient Caliphate — to defeat it, on its own terms. (If it can't hold its territory, it is not a Caliphate!) We do not, however, have an administration willing to do so.
And -it seems to me- the local powers are ambivalent. (They may also be incompetent, or ill-prepared. The only exception -that the U.S. would consider: Iran- is also an enemy of the West. Israel is no longer seen as an ally, being committed to its own survival…so, their "help" is necessarily eschewed.) They know they can't fight…

I realize that most Europeans reject the "conflict of civilizations" trope. But does ISIS? Do Europe's increasing Muslim immigrant populations?
The U.S. may be shielded from these considerations beyond 2030… We can wait, without undue trepidation. That is, if we're willing to see chaos once again subsume the Continent…

Needless to say, I don't believe the ideology of the Caliphate will wither and die on its own. If it is not defeated soon, and decisively, it will become a dominant force in the world.
Certainly, it will then alter any other ideas we might have about what the world of 2030 might look like.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #92
Israel really no longer an ally? Sober up boy.

And as for the Caliphate you can proportion much of the blame on yourselves. Iraq was messed up and so too has been Syria. All falling into the usual policy of regime change which you think is some kind of right. In Iraq and Syria Christians for example got on fine but not now. When will you ever learn to keep your snout out of the business of other places? I am still laughing at that guff about Israel. as the damn place would fall apart if you suddenly stopped subsidising it's existence. That would be a difficult direction to take considering the political and financial power of Jews living in the ex-colonies.

Reply #94
What is this world/place/forum/whatever going to be like in 2030?

Nobody knows. Anybody who says he does know is just guessing.

Armageddon might happen. Then again it might not. TEOTWAWKI has been predicted so many times that only cultists following the latest guru pay any attention to the latest predictions. Nobody really knows.

Inventions not yet thought of may be in common use then. Your guess is as good as mine on that one. We have stuff today undreamed of just a few years ago, and right now they're working on projects that just might be crazy enough to work in the near future. Driverless cars for example. Maybe the flying car is coming? Don't hold your breath, we've been supposed to have flying cars for a few decades now. Still haven't got them.

Consider that from the Wright brothers' first flight in 1903, it was within the lifespan of a man to see both that event and a man walking on the Moon. Also within that timeframe, unfortunately, the same man could see atomic weapons unleashed on civilian targets, heralding the age of nuclear war.

Right now, I approach my 60th birthday next month. 15 years from now, I'll be approaching my 75th birthday-- maybe. No guarantees at my age that I see tomorrow's sunrise of course. I don't know-- but I suppose my guess is as good as anybody's.

Reply #95
Maybe it will help our perspective looking forward to look backwards for a moment, 15 years back in time to the year 2000. We were all 15 years younger for one thing. Most here have moved over from My Opera. I actually started working for Opera in the year 2000, "New" My Opera (the one with the forum) opened officially September 11, 2001. We had a thread about it: IIRC most of us joined My Opera around 2003, a few a little earlier, some later, a few never were there.

So think about when you joined in My Opera in approx. 2003 (the ones that didn't will have to find a similar exercise). From 2003 to 2015 is 12 years, 12 years from now is 2027, practically 2030.

Here is a comparison of 2000 and 2010, for the most part the trends there have continued and will continue.

This is not the best, nor the fullest picture, but it gives an indication of important continuing changes. In the 1990s Europe became whole, or with a different world wiew, the Iron Curtain retreated to the Kremlin. 

The trends in the 2000s, 2010s, 2020s is that the world is becoming whole, the economic curtain is shifting. In 1980 the rich side of the curtain was primarily North America and West Europe. Now it encompasses most of the Americas, most of Europe, and fast-growing areas of Asia. If this continues by 2030 that would also include most of Asia and fast-growing areas of Africa. 

The technologies to let the machines take over control have improved greatly in the last 15 years. The machines will not take over yet, nor will they in 2030, but we are reaching a balance of power. Urbanisation is continuing, we have become an urban world, as can be seen from the skylines.

Shanghai 1996

Reply #96
That's a brilliant graphic. In ten years, we run into a demographic nightmare, we are totally controlled by technology, we fu*ck the entire planet but hey! aren't we entertained?  :yes:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #97
So think about when you joined in My Opera in approx. 2003 (the ones that didn't will have to find a similar exercise). From 2003 to 2015 is 12 years, 12 years from now is 2027, practically 2030.

Technologically speaking my life isn't that different compared to 10-12 years ago. I was already using Skype for video calling, I'd largely given up on television and radio via traditional distribution channels, and I looked up train times on my phone using my 2 MB bundle. I also had my e-mail and my calendar there, synced and everything. The difference is that up to as recently as perhaps 2010 that still made me somewhat unique.

Reply #98
It is kind of laughable for mjsmsprt40 to sipe at monarchism. The country with the mother of parliaments runs as a modern country without a written constitution that Americans fight and argue over and history shows didn't mean a damn if you were an Indian or even worse a black man. You lot have a President that operates like an ancient monarch and you run a modern imperial financial empire across the world. To ensure the money class keep their postion, hundreds of military bases all said to be to "look after American interests." What that means is wall Street barons.

During the early days of the corporate Revolution you did at one point meeting in Philadelphia your monied leaders even considered a European prince as head of State! ( :lol:). Your constitution is a waste of time as large numbers find when they get spied on by a country with more spy agencies than anyone else. It is not your fault mjsmsprt40 it is the way you are all brought up. Every classroom has a flag, every public building, many government centres have a whole phalanx of them as it it represented all the great values, principles and such. It doesn't and has become a symbol of global economic empirical things, selfish military might and an overflated nationalism cloaked in the word "patriotic."

For a country that boasts about it being a orincipled republic the actuality is something else. Rights trampled on, people persecuted internally and control freakery all for that other word 2security." An overflated military, increasingly morphing into a police state that makes the police in cities lookk like something out of some military dictatorship. Tens of millions of poor a controlled system dominated by 2 parties that keep anyone else out, spend half the world's military budget,people persecuted if they don't accept the propaganda.

Nah, you stay a Republic as you would only give monarcyy a bad name! :sing:

Reply #99
Nah, you stay a Republic as you would only give monarcyy a bad name!  :sing:

They've a King - Elvis, the Pelvis...

An American genuine King is something unimaginable. Even Presidents are. It will not change by 2030.
A matter of attitude.