Skip to main content

Poll

Will there be…

…more beer?
[ 6 ] (100%)
…less beer?
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Topic: The world in 2030 (Read 58923 times)

Re: The world in 2030

Reply #126
What an answer coming from a man in a country  with the modern educational short falls it has in tens of millions. Dear, oh dear.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #127
What?

Reply #129

What?

Can't you understand simple Scottish?

I can understand Scottish well enough. But, what in heck language is RJ posting in? Looks like he had trouble getting out of elementary school.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #130
You have to understand folks that tt92 is so full of himself and thinks that giving the stupid answers he doe show how intellectual he is without taking consideration of his pomposity. n real life probably has a boring and unimportant job, is never taken much notice of so can desperately feel he is someone here in the distant world of forums. I don't actually mind if it makes him feel he is someone as we will never know hid truthful self.

On the wider note with the stuff coming from jimbro now that is a very  strong blot. Being a retired teacher seems an obvious base for superior thinking but he lives in a country where the government is concerned about it's education system, where the people who have serious reading and writing matters and poor education now run into not just concerning numbers but tens of millions. So a run-of-the-mill smart alec Aussie that produces a PM like it has and an American that shuts a blind eye to suit an argument. Call and try to niggle me but neither are on a very sure footing so not a very serious bother.  :P

Reply #131
What an answer coming from a man in a place.

Reply #132
Yawn.

So how do we imagine the world in 2030 to be?

Reply #133

You have to understand folks that tt92 is so full of himself […]. Call and try to niggle me but neither are on a very sure footing so not a very serious bother.  :P
RJ, if you continue in this vein, I might retaliate…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #134
The world by 2030 will be much better. No more Oakdale, no more jimbro. Probably, no more Belfrager...  :lol:
Sorry, I'll still be around by 2030 :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #135

Yawn.

So how do we imagine the world in 2030 to be?

Good question.
1. D. Trump will not be, and will never have been, president of the U.S.
2. I will be dead.
3. The Middle East will be in turmoil because the oil has run out and the architectural follies that have been built with the proceeds don't earn any return.
or
3. The Middle East will be in turmoil because the world doesn't want its oil and the architectural follies that have been built in anticipation don't earn any return.
4. California will have massive solar-powered desalination plants.
5. Conspicuous consumption will have become passe.
6. Hundreds of people will be changing their names from "Kardashian" to almost anything else that is available.
7.There will be rumours of radio signals from another solar system.
More to come.......

Reply #136
I have given you some sound advice previously Oakdale - try and get out a bit more! Trump will get nowhere certainly but the brained will be taken in by some other clever clown and get nowhere. Such a damn shame.

Reply #138
My car will still have a radio.

Reply #139
It's quite likely that I won't be here to find out.
:rip:

Reply #140
There will be two unrelated internets, one for education, science, and finance, and the other for teenagers and spam and scams. And forums.
There will be a rapidly-changing list of synthetic, savagely addictive drugs and their precursors available at competitive prices.
There will be an entire generation of illiterate teenagers whose only ambition will be to kill and/or die in the name of some religion.
The only people who would have the kind of mind that would appreciate art or music or culture will be too busy.
More to come.....

Reply #141
The only people who would have the kind of mind that would appreciate art or music or culture will be too busy.

Doing what? running away from the others?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #142

2. I will be dead.

2030 is 15 years ahead. There are plenty of life expectancy calculators, but they give average lie expectancy and the actuary tables can be more precise than that. They should be able to predict your chances of seeing 2030, 2040 or any other year, but so far I haven't seen anyone that does.

Me, I have a >85% chance (possibly >90% chance) of seeing 2030, and a <15% (probably <10%) chance of seeing 2050.

Reply #143
For a guy who's 78, I look pretty good.

Reply #144
Car batteries and domestic batteries will be so efficient, so compact, and so quick to charge that there will be little point connecting to the grid.
The utility companies will have seen the future and will be the vendors and installers of these batteries. They will be leased, not sold. You will have a "battery I.D." which you will use to replace your car battery anywhere and to quick charge your domestic batteries via what remains of the grid or via an umbilical connection from a fleet of (battery-powered) trucks.
New health benefits will have been discovered or invented for chocolates.
Most of the world will by now wonder how anyone ever smoked tobacco.
More to come.....

Reply #145
And nobody will drink any form of alcohol.
McDonalds will be a thing of the past.

Reply #146
The world at 2030 will be just like today but with what most DnD posters desires. A nightmare.
Thankfully, I'm an exception. I'm creating my own 2030, I don't want yours.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #147
What is the nightmare we desire? Less cars?

Reply #148
What is the nightmare we desire? Less cars?
Nope, more cars and more security.
To get a car you turn a working slave, for more security you sell your freedom, your soul.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #149
I desire neither. Or rather, the type of security I desire isn't the type of security you're referring to. Is that really so different for anybody else here?