Skip to main content
Topic: Upcoming Server Move (Read 7931 times)

Re: Upcoming Server Move

Reply #25
For sure.

Reading some blogs on the subject can scare the poop out of ya. The link I posted was one of the few recommended.

Reply #26
Been using Paypal for yonks but when you get a comment as from Southern boy it is hardly surprising that the US government is concerned about education. I do in all fairness make allowances as he is from a country with more nutjobs than anywhere. Surprising he got through school without a shooting spree so the country must be slipping even further.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #27

Been using Paypal for yonks but when you get a comment as from Southern boy it is hardly surprising that the US government is concerned about education. I do in all fairness make allowances as he is from a country with more nutjobs than anywhere. Surprising he got through school without a shooting spree so the country must be slipping even further.

Given that up until 3 weeks ago, you referred to the EU as "the EEC", I thought my jab only fair, old chap.  :D :cheers: (Cheering with Diet Irn Bru of course!)

Reply #28
Been using Paypal for yonks but when you get a comment as from Southern boy it is hardly surprising that the US government is concerned about education.

Says a man who struggled to complete primary school in Edinburgh.

Reply #29
How much money do we need?

None or a negligible amount at present, let's say it's approximately €33 per year. The domain name has an obvious cost (€15), but the server account is a bit harder to say because it's shared with two more sites. I believe the new server comes to €53.78/year, which hopefully means it's better than the old one. In any case, it offers more bandwidth as well as disk space. Anything from one third to two thirds of the cost seems fair to me. One third for obvious reasons, two thirds because DnD is the biggest user. Unfortunately, however, a lot of that use is spam bots wasting bandwidth trying to spread their nonsense. Luckily, their rate of success is extremely low.

Add it up, and you get €15 (domain) + €17.93 (€53.78 / 3, server) = €32.93.

Reply #30
Add it up, and you get €15 (domain) + €17.93 (€53.78 / 3, server) = €32.93.

Not everything is lost, we can always apply to European Funds... :)

Well, in fact sending about one euro each person would be a little ridiculous... can't you spend more? much more? think big Frenzie, let's have a Ferrari kind of forum. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #31
That's not going to be hard to collect. I was apparently going to send a year's amount.

Reply #32
So even just the regulars sending $5 or $10 each would probably cover it.