Skip to main content
Topic: The Ages of civilization (Read 4580 times)

The Ages of civilization

Today we do not live in the Ice age , stone age,  Iron age , enlightenment age , nor industrial Age .
Today We live in the Information age .

according to the law of Constantity .
The Only Thing  Constant Is the Change .

so , in the future..
what  kind of age  ,   after the  Information age   ?  

Re: The Ages of civilization

Reply #2
There will be no ages anymore. Time will stop someday and we all will rest immobilized forever. There will be no witnesses.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #3
There will be no ages anymore. Time will stop someday and we all will rest immobilized forever. There will be no witnesses.

it seem ,  human in history will experiences several ages before they experience the apocalypse age .

Quote from: Jimbro3738

The Disinformation Age?

hmm..

Mandom

Reply #4
Teen age?

Reply #5
As we are approaching an archaeology age, we see  that division into ages is an artefact of artefacts. There never was a stone age. Stone  is a very hard material to manipulate. However it can last for millennia while  other materials rot, so that's what was found. Other technologies like the domestication of humans and other animals gave more subtle artefacts, we never had a bone age.

Likewise with the historical ages. When we realised that our long-ignored ancestors had been writing as well, we first discovered government propaganda, as it was loud and big, and again long-lasting. Then we listened to the voices of old historians, conducted by the contemporary historians, all of whom desired to organise the world in their way.

Reply #6
as far as i know ..
Stone age , and megalithic age is different .

Stone Age is the age where tools , weapons , nor utensils ,  mainstreamly made from Stone .

Bone age

well,  we donot have Bone age .

IMHO that should be existed before , nor with the same time as Stone age .

and to make it exist , it will need Historians  who desired to organise the world in their way

Reply #7

As we are approaching an archaeology age, we see  that division into ages is an artefact of artefacts. There never was a stone age. Stone  is a very hard material to manipulate. However it can last for millennia while  other materials rot, so that's what was found. Other technologies like the domestication of humans and other animals gave more subtle artefacts, we never had a bone age.

Likewise with the historical ages. When we realised that our long-ignored ancestors had been writing as well, we first discovered government propaganda, as it was loud and big, and again long-lasting. Then we listened to the voices of old historians, conducted by the contemporary historians, all of whom desired to organise the world in their way.

Stone is a hard material to manipulate--- but our ancestors did it. Did it rather well, too, if the artifacts they left behind is any indication. Tools were made of it, weapons were made of it, they even wrote on it.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #8
Tools were made of it, weapons were made of it, they even wrote on it.

Not exactly mjm. For example, the sharp point of a weapon would be made certainly of durable edge cutting stone while the remaining parts were made in wood. A small knife was entirely made in silex kind of stone.
The stone age term it's used to distinguish from the next giant step which was to substitute the stone parts for metal, the invention of metallurgy. With that, they could made long fine edge blades as swords just like today's.

An important thing that I suppose many people aren't aware of it's that those ancestors from the stone ages were individuals so much intelligent (if not even more) than actual populations. Current civilization, where people are unable of building anything at all, they just buy it, it's turning Mankind idiotic.

I'm planning to start an NGO aimed to allow people to return to stone age and leave all this micro chip fuckery. I suppose there will be funds for that. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #9
What, Belfrager, have you created? :)
I'm planning to start an NGO aimed to allow people to return to stone age and leave all this micro chip fuckery. I suppose there will be funds for that.
Oh. You want people to give you money, because you talk a good game?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #10
What, Belfrager, have you created?  :)

You are the only one that still makes pertinent questions. I'm glad with that even if you're an American or, more specially, because you are an American. That makes me believe that there's still hope. It has to be.

Yes, I created. I created an idea of future for the hopeless, I created something to people to fight for. Very specially I create the urge for resistance.  :)
I will create much more, do you know what am I creating these days? the hortus conclusus, the three ways gardens existed at medieval monasteries. That's what people needs for resisting current days of materialism.

I believe you did it too, at some other areas. Mankind needs people able to create. That's what the Holy Spirit exists for, can it light your way.
Oh. You want people to give you money, because you talk a good game?

That's how we live in erudite, classy Europe. Robbing German money.  :zzz:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #11

I'm planning to start an NGO aimed to allow people to return to stone age...  :)

There are good chances that it will happen some day anyway.
No funding needed.
Human greed for power will suffice.

Reply #12
There are good chances that it will happen some day anyway.
No funding needed.
Human greed for power will suffice.

You think that's a bad thing, I think it's a good one. As any runner or jumper knows, you need to make some steps behind in order to get balance to advance.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #13

as far as i know ..
Stone age , and megalithic age is different .

Stone Age is the age where tools , weapons , nor utensils ,  mainstreamly made from Stone .

Megaliths  sure,  the most spectacular  big stone constructions were relatively modern, the mesolithic era was between paleolithic and neolithic  (characterised by farming) eras. Could be fun to have a megalithic era progressing towards nanolithic, but that would be a heterodox classification.

Reply #14
Could be fun to have a megalithic era progressing towards nanolithic, but that would be a heterodox classification.

Yet it is true, we are already at the nanolithic. Both at technology and spirit.
A matter of attitude.