D1
[ 6 ] (22.2%)
E1
[ 8 ] (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: 2014-02-02, 15:57:14

Topic: Logo (Read 20417 times)

Logo

We have been kindly provided a choice of logo by a professional graphics designer. If you could all indicate your top two choices, we should be able to reach a decision. In the unlikely event of a tie, I reserve the right to decide which I like best. Click the thumbnails to enlarge the images. Voting closes in ten days.

A4
C1

D1
E1

PS The vote is not about colors.

Re: Logo

Reply #2
Say what? :shocked:

Reply #3
The third is leading...
It resembles a certain poster here, you know? ;)

Oops!
Yeah, the first is ok too. Conceptually constructed.;) Lacking colours - compared to the rival owl.

Reply #4
Colours are a detail at present. They can follow if needed.

In  the world of photocopying, the first rule of making a logo is that the logo should also look good in black and white.

Reply #5
@Frenzie
Is the professional graphics designer a member of these forums?

BTW, I like all four graphics  8)
The choice was hard and rather a matter of personal perception.

Reply #7
ׂ

Reply #8
I like E1. It's classic, a reinterpretation of an old Greek/Roman forum.
Well... DnD Sanctuary as civilization.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #9
Just a small question if I might ......... Have you messaged/emailed all the registered members that an important vote is pending on this issue ..... A few of them haven't even participated yet ---- maybe they need a knuckle to the back of the head to wake them up,
& get their  [glow=green,2,300]DnD[/glow]   activity juices flowing?

Reply #10
Yes, did you not receive the e-mail?

Reply #11
Maybe a reminder could be sent? After all we all tend to have butterfly minds.

Not all our members post but we should be able to get up to 2/3 of the membership voting.

Reply #12
To me the choice is obvious. A4 must win. E1 is also very good, almost as classic as ASCII art, and worth using in some contexts.

Reply #13
Yay! My pick is winning at the moment.  :-)

Tough call between A and E for me. Something with a roof does seem appropriate.

Reply #14
I won't vote. I don't prefer any one of them. It doesn't mean they are bad... they are all good! I'll leave the choice to you all. Great work!

Reply #15
OK, I got my vote in.
I admit to being a bit slow to vote on this, seems it's more important to some than to others and after I came in from yet another fight with snow and cold I have to say logos don't rate high on the totem pole for me.

It brings back a memory from my high-school days. Our school colors were blue and grey, the time came to decide whether to add orange to the school colors. The decision met with rampant apathy, truth to tell it was a decision with almost no impact on anybody outside of the jocks who would have to wear the team emblems with the new color on it. To this day I don't know whether we added orange to our school colors.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #16
A4 seems as one of those trade show stands, we would need a pair of beautiful (semi naked in preference) hostesses inside... but unfortunately that's a rare thing to see in DnD...
No one uses such kind of tridimensional logos for ages.

So, why isn't E1, a gem of design, ahead on the voting? I suggest to skip democracy and use  E1 as a desire and order of the Beloved Leader... :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #17
I agree actually: A4 is my least favorite of the lot.

Reply #18
Granted it does looks better in thumbnail and needs color. I don't really like the backwards D's

Reply #19

Granted it does looks better in thumbnail and needs color. I don't really like the backwards D's

I'm with ya on that one. I didn't really care for the backwards Ds. That's why I picked the first one.

Reply #20
There's a problem with the poll. Thirteen voters.
It can't be,it gives bad luck to the forum.

So, we have to eliminate A4 and start again... :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #23
Have a little patience. :) Our dear graphics designer, Steeno, is doing this in his spare time.

Reply #24
 At last.
The cover-up revealed! O'k, now we have 2 guys registered but not posting. The other one is our Noble Scot. I don't count medical bots, though;D