Skip to main content
Topic: The Weird, the Wacky and the Wonderful (Read 110603 times)

Re: The Weird, the Wacky and the Wonderful

Reply #50

For those, if any, who remember the ggg, it reached a rather fitting end on D&D.

Don't start it again... by the way, where's Onetimeposter?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #51
Maybe, maybe not. But read the last post in D&D

Onetimeposter - I don't know -  I sent him a message via myopera a few days ago suggesting he joined us - no reply as yet.

Edit -  I see I'm off-topic / off-planet

Reply #52
Maybe, maybe not. But read the last post in D&D

Done it already, as you know captain G-Belfrager has the gift of omnipresence. He just lacks the other two, by personal decision.

Ahh... Onetimeposter off-topic/off planet... it doesn't surprises me, his usual state last time I meet him at Orion's Belt. Good times we had there with those eight arms go-go dancers you recommended. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #53
For those, if any, who remember the ggg, it reached a rather fitting end on D&D.

If you think so, I can close it. That might then well be the last closed thread, assuming there won't be a last snide thread on the discussion forums.

Reply #54

If you think so, I can close it. That might then well be the last closed thread, assuming there won't be a last snide thread on the discussion forums.
Eh! I thought all threads were going to be closed, if not NO - never say never! As for a final snide post ------ maybe not that but . . . . . .

Reply #55
There might be the internet version of eternal existence in the Internet Archives, or in any project of Frenzie's.

Reply #56

Eh! I thought all threads were going to be closed, if not NO - never say never! As for a final snide post ------ maybe not that but . . . . . .

Ggg is alive but not well. Come tomorrow you'll be able to view ggg but not post there, so if you want to make one last post, go now!
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=462991

Reply #58
Is this weird, wacky and wonderful enough for you?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3E7fUynrZU[/video]

Reply #59
There wasn't a good place to post this, and I didn't want to open a thread for something isn't going to last for more than a few days, so I'll try it here and see what happens.

For months now I've been seeing photos of Putin running around without a shirt. Here are a couple of examples. Can anybody explain this? Is he trying to appeal to something that Russians love in their leaders?

Reply #60
I have a counter-question -- what caused you to follow that topic in the first place, you pervert?;) :D

Reply #61
I have a counter-question -- what caused you to follow that topic in the first place, you pervert?

I asked first, so answer my question. Then, and only then, I will answer yours.

I will say, though, that he certainly has nice tits.

Reply #62
Another reason for him to put on a shirt to advertise it.

Reply #63
For our German poster.
"Two Martinis, bitte."
"Dry?"
"Nein, I said TWO!"

Reply #65
Welcome after.

Reply #66

And they're not even kidding :faint:

.....For Americans in Germany, though, there is a risk that the product might be seen as racially insensitive. Fried chicken has long been associated with African-Americans in the US -- naming strips of fried chicken after the first black president could cause some furrowing of brows.

Witting told SPIEGEL ONLINE the connection never even occurred to her. "It was supposed to be a homage to the American lifestyle and the new US president," she said.....

Score another one for the ever expanding, nescient  [glow=black,2,300] International PC Gestapo[/glow]

Reply #67
It's all about being politically correct. If Obama can't laugh at that, he shouldn't be SmileyFaze's president. This one, too.

Reply #68
It happens to me too:

Outrageous Parody

I laugh it off and move on.

Reply #71

It's all about being politically correct. If Obama can't laugh at that, he shouldn't be SmileyFaze's president. This one, too.

Let's see - misspelled, mismatched insignia - must be teabaggers :right:

Reply #74

Another off-beat news story
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/killer-elephant-halts-west-bengal-rampage-to-unearth-baby-girl-20140314-34qf1.html
From that piece...
The baby's mother, Lalita Mahato, said: "We worship Lord Ganesh [the elephant god] in our village. Still, I can't believe that the tusker saved my daughter after breaking down the door and smashing a wall. We watched amazed as it gently removed the debris that had fallen on her. It's a miracle.
"It seems to have a heart, too," the father said.

Yet one more WTF moment from the world of religion. Jesus did it, Lord Ganesh did it. Is there really a difference?