Skip to main content
Topic: The Weird, the Wacky and the Wonderful (Read 110803 times)

Re: The Weird, the Wacky and the Wonderful

Reply #100

You are always at your own appreciated best with such replies jimbro when you aren't up to a sensible answer. A neat way of avoiding an issue when spending so much time indoors.
The short answer is that things can always get worse. You had to know the answer to that question. I've lost touch with Detroit, but the next time I talk to my brother I'll ask him. My guess it that the answer won't be They're getting better and that he's still keeping his gun handy.

Reply #101
Is it still a racially divided city? Has there been white flight?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #102
It's an unfolding tragedy. As I mentioned elsewhere, there's a sliver of wealth along the Detroit River, but as you move away from that area, it's a disaster in progress.

Not so bad, eh?

The inner city...Not so good, eh?

Check out this short video.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmZ2oysNhY[/video]

Reply #105

It's an unfolding tragedy.

It seems to me as a lesson about the rest of the entire country.
Says a beneficiary of the bailout center of the universe.

Everybody here knows what an economic miracle Portugal is. Tell us all just how great you're doing.
Officials from the “troika” of the European Commission, International Monetary Fund and European Central Bank are beginning their penultimate quarterly review of Portugal’s €78bn rescue programme, which is due to end in May after three years of punishing austerity.

Reply #111
 :devil: A nice place for a room with a view for Mr. Howie. :D

Reply #112
Well at least I would have the energy to try to tackle the climb which is more than can be said for your goodself. And secondly, make it well away from your side of the pond! The thought of you trying this with a chair to carry would be a no, no.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #114

:devil: A nice place for a room with a view for Mr. Howie. :D

He can get there several ways.

By boat.

By road.

On a string.

By ladder.

By catapult.

By wings.

By a ledge.

Reply #115
That's in descending order of attractiveness, isn't it?

Reply #117

That's in descending order of attractiveness, isn't it?

For the attractiveness of descending, I would pick another mountain chain, Huashan.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsGC0lZ-5g8[/video]

Reply #119

For the attractiveness of descending, I would pick another mountain chain, Huashan.

I have an overwhelming fear of heights, so you can imagine... .
Please don't post anything like that again.
The weirdeful is who built this thing.

Absolutely! The guy in the video is a baby by comparison.

Reply #121
For some, to "get scared", we need some frame of reference. In our "offline", we have our "3D video decode processing" in our brains, adjusted with the "vertical sense" - vestibular apparatus, which "tells" us "what's wrong with this picture" when our 3DVD processor sees a chasm.

Reply #122
I have an overwhelming fear of heights, so you can imagine... .
Please don't post anything like that again.
I guess I should stay away from some links to Southern Spain and Southern America then.

The weirdeful is who built this thing.

Absolutely! The guy in the video is a baby by comparison.

This place was supposedly a Taoist-cum-tourist pilgrimage. 'Tao' (or dao or 道) means road, route, or path. Now I am sure there must be perfectly good tao directions going from home to the local restaurant and back, but somehow the route has to be exhausting and death-defying to be a proper path worth walking. There is a cup of tea to be had at the end, I am told.

Reply #123
Now I am sure there must be perfectly good tao directions going from home to the local restaurant and back, but somehow the route has to be exhausting and death-defying to be a proper path worth walking.

If you knew about the danger involved in driving here, you'd understand my everyday life as a driver. But it's nothing like this.