Skip to main content
Topic: Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and the ridiculousness of religion to cope.  (Read 34667 times)

Re: Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and the ridiculousness of religion to cope.

Reply #125
I was young once, living in Norway. Then I realised that I could personally get to know everyone wielding power if that was my life's goal (obviously it wasn't), they were not that many. Norway is a small country, fairly transparent and egalitarian, and not living behind high walls and security guards (though a few live in tax havens like London).

That kind of project would not be possible in larger countries like the US, but the number isn't that much higher, a few thousand people, though less accessible. Yes, they tend to run in families, as a rough guesstimate 3 out of 4 have a family relation.

Reply #126

I was young once, living in Norway. Then I realised that I could personally get to know everyone wielding power if that was my life's goal (obviously it wasn't), they were not that many. Norway is a small country, fairly transparent and egalitarian, and not living behind high walls and security guards (though a few live in tax havens like London).

That kind of project would not be possible in larger countries like the US, but the number isn't that much higher, a few thousand people, though less accessible. Yes, they tend to run in families, as a rough guesstimate 3 out of 4 have a family relation.

That's odd. From what I've heard of the UK, London wouldn't be the first place I'd think of when I think of "tax haven".

Norway taxes must be really something else.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #127
Why the super-rich love the UK

If you are really rich the UK can be a good place for not paying taxes.

Reply #128
Well the rich in Gt Britain actually pay a very obvious and not insubstantial part of the government income tax collection.
"Quit you like men:be strong"