Skip to main content

Poll

How are you doing, guys?:)

Not good.
[ 0 ] (0%)
Not bad. ;)
[ 5 ] (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Topic: Logging in onto the 'new site';) (Read 6228 times)

Logging in onto the 'new site';)

Frans, the 'new site' got the "minutes" again.  Minutes might be ok, but...
I, for one, would prefer
[0]1 hour, [0]1 day, [0]a week, [0]a month, [0]forever;
with the default one being 1 week.
Please.:)

Re: Logging in onto the 'new site';)

Reply #1
I'm confused. You'd prefer the way it works over the way it works?

Reply #2
For me it works. At first the switch to the new site forced a logout. I mean, I have saved the cookie and I have "forever" selected for login, and, once logged in, I never needed to login again at my main computer, but the change of address forced me to log in again.

But now it works. I mean:

1. I have a bunch of dnd.fransdejonge urls in my browser history.
2. I select such a url to go to a thread.
3. It redirects to .eu, no (re-)login required.

Then again, I use an esoteric browser to access this site. The experience could be totally different for everybody else.

Reply #3
ׂ

Reply #4
I'd just like to point out that nothing changed. I had to change a few locations here and there in the settings, I set up a .htaccess file with these contents, and that's about it:

Code: [Select]

# 301
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^dnd\.fransdejonge\.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://dndsanctuary.eu/$1 [R=301,L]
#Thanks to http://no-www.org/
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.+)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%1/$1 [R=301,L]

</IfModule>

Reply #6
Right, there are two ways of logging in. The one that seems the most obvious to me defaults to "forever". The other one defaults to 60 minutes. In the latter case you can simply hit the checkbox that says "always stay logged in".

Reply #8
:left: :right: :left:

Reply #10
Well, this thread is as good as...
When I opened another version of Firefox (technically, I have three installations, but two of them are similar and work as one and the same), I happened to have lost my logging. I logged in (month). Then, when I closed that and then opened the older one, I appeared not logged in again (while I'd logged in just recently with the "week" or "month" choice, doesn't matter - the other day or about that).
So's for your consideration...

Reply #11
Sounds complicated. :)

I think the site might log you out in multiple browser sessions if you click logout. I'm not sure why.

Reply #13
A propo, I don't get logged out anywhere within my three browsers usually.  This instance in question is unusual. So... ???

Reply #14
Now I hadn't messed up with the intallations, but did appear not logged in with the old Firefox. (I guess I'll check the settings...)... The settings seem ok...

Reply #15
 Just appeared not logged in in Opera. ???
I'm not sure though, how long ago I did and for how long last time, still it seems to me that it makes me curious... :D