Skip to main content
Topic: What have you just bought? (Read 62591 times)

Re: What have you just bought?

Reply #201
Your previous electric shaver broke?
Yep! It just died on me for no apparent reason.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #203
Did you give it a decent burial?
:lol: Yeah! Took the battery to local battery disposal place and tipped the rest in a bin.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #204
I use my (still functioning) electric razor as a window stop. I shave with some cheapish razor implement from Aldi these days.

Reply #205
A 19 CD box set. Average White Band - All the Pieces.
Who knew that one of the best funk and R&B bands had it's roots in Scotland, their sound is more something you would associate with Motown.

Reply #206
A 19 CD box set. Average White Band - All the Pieces.
Who knew that one of the best funk and R&B bands had it's roots in Scotland, their sound is more something you would associate with Motown.
That's a lot of CDs in one box :D

Reply #207
A new reading glasses on sale for only $1.50 . Outrageously cheap :P

Reply #209
BT/wired mechanical compact keyboard https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motospeed-CK62-Bluetooth-wireless-USB-wired-Dual-mode-connect-mechanical-keyboard-61-Keys-RGB-LED-Backlit/32909123728.html

Just got it and typing on it now. The compactness makes it clumsy, even though everything works as long as you have patience to switch some keys temporarily over to arrow and Fx functions and then back. Luckily the visual feedback regarding the switchovers is good.

The idea was to get something with dual connectivity and easy enough to carry around. Perhaps this would have been better https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motospeed-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Keyboard-Wired-USB-Black-Quick-Respond-Ergonomics-Design-Mechanical-Keyboards-PC-Gaming-Keyboard/32891227246.html

Edit: Mechanical keyboards are still not for me. However, backlit keyboards are very much for me, particularly when the lights are informative. As it is, mechanical keyboards occasionally come with very good backlighting.

Reply #210
Using Delock numpad with an extra Tab key for the first day, it turns out it is more awesome than expected. When NumLk is turned off, the Home, End, Ins, Del, PgUp, PgDn, and arrow functions work out of the box without any extra configuring! This is a suitable supplement to a (very) compact keyboard, if you have lots of number-typing to do.

Reply #211
 ersi bought an abacus and going to learn multiplication! (Because addition and substraction I learned on weekend.)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8UV1LMwOo[/video]

I watched the video, grokked the logic, and now practise. Later learn division also.

Note: My abacus is not quite the one pictured in the video. I have a soroban that is missing one bead each side of the beam compared to the pictured abacus.