Skip to main content
Topic: Those "Bottom Line, Fact Check" & "Who's Lying" Websites ... Are They Credible? (Read 2425 times)

Those "Bottom Line, Fact Check" & "Who's Lying" Websites ... Are They Credible?

[glow=blue,2,300]"Bottom Line, Fact Check" & "Who's Lying" Websites [/glow]

When somebody posts something here, or actually anywhere on the net, people seem to now go to their favorite flavored "FACT CHECK" type websites to see if the Poster's statements are actually factual, or are they trying to dupe us with phony information.

The problem is, can you actually trust these "Bottom Line, Fact Check" websites themselves.

Are they, these websites, themselves biased, & lying about what the "true" facts are?

It seems that as time goes on, & these sites get bought & sold, or get refinanced, political bias raises it's ugly head, & purity....if it ever actually existed....is lost forever.

We find half-truths, & technically valid info, but factually deceitful   --  dependent solely on who does the validation, at all these sites.

So what is the truth, & where can we find out about facts ..... absolute facts without question?

Do these places (websites) actually exist?  

Or are they all cons, & none can be trusted regardless of what they claim?  

We'd like to hear what you think.

So, what do you think?   

Re: Those "Bottom Line, Fact Check" & "Who's Lying" Websites ... Are They Credible?

Reply #1
Someone on this forum might answer your question. That person might be credible.

Re: Those "Bottom Line, Fact Check" & "Who's Lying" Websites ... Are They Credible?

Reply #2
You've been caught spreading lies? Of course those sites that caught you would not be credible, that goes without saying.

Fact-checking sites get attacked a lot, by some cosmic coincidence those attacks invariably come from people whose favourite stories have been punctured by those same sites. Which is fine, because facts checked by one site can easily be checked by another.

Here's how you can separate the credible sites from the merely incredible ones. The former update their assessments with new information when the old was erroneous or incomplete. They also do due diligence to reduce the risk of errors in the first place.

Reply #3
Someone on this forum might answer your question. That person might be credible.

Credible? In DnD? That's not credible.
===============================
My awesome avatar has been stolen. How do I get redress?

Reply #4
So, what do you think?

i think , if there are no stupid people , there will no charlatans .

Freedom of speech at it best , is also give the freedom to Propagate Lies .

at this case , there are two most dangerous Liars .

1. The Mind . 
2. The people that think telling the truth , but ontologically they are just speak about assumptions , opinions , hypotesis , etc .  

what is the truth, & where can we find out about facts ..... absolute facts without question? 

as far as i know , The   Definition of the truth can be so absurd .

but the truth can be achieved by collecting Axioms , and Maxims .

Reply #5
The people that think telling the truth , but ontologically they are just speak about assumptions , opinions , hypotesis , etc .
Shouldn't that be "epistemologically"? :)
the truth can be achieved by collecting Axioms , and Maxims .
Are you serious?! :)

(Thank you, Sparta: you usually bring a smile to my face!)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #6
you usually bring a smile to my face!

i dont always do satire  :beard:

and i dont think pointing physical realities using word  " Epistemologically " is the right syntax and semantics . ''

Reply #7
Epistemology is the theory of knowledge… Ontology is the theory of being. (These are, of course, poorly defined terms. But there you are!) A list that includes assumptions and opinions as relating to truth concerns knowledge, how we get it and how we justify our level of surety. No? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #8
in my ken, Ontology is   study about the fact  , physical reality ,etc .

while  epistemology is to checking the fact  .

to make sure wether the  Emotional realities synchronized  with The Physical realities  , or not .

thus .. Ontologically , epistemology is the study of  'how to find' --   "What is   Ontology "