Skip to main content
Topic: Anthropogenic Global Warming (Read 198194 times)

Re: Anthropomorphic Global Warming

Reply #2
Anthropomorphic Global Warming

Global warming shaped like a human? Bollocks!

Re: Anthropogenic Global Warming

Reply #5
Worst linguist ever.

Reply #6
Anthropogenic Global Warming  ---  Man-Made Climate Change --- Man-Made Global Warming ......

Pick a name......Any name......

The Man-Made Global Warming Propaganda BS stinks of   [glow=brown,2,300] HOAX & SCAM [/glow]      no matter how high you pile it, nor what name you call it.

It has for years.....

Quote from: The Australian  http://tinyurl.com/lt5tpng 
......It's nothing but an elephant trap, devised by hardcore environmentalists, shyster politicians, rent-seeking businesses and grant-troughing activist scientists to get everyone bogged down in trivial "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" arguments about global temperature changes of a fraction of a degree......

........What should concern every one of us far more, surely, is the way that in the name of saving the planet so much corruption has been embedded, so much money wasted, and so much public trust abused - all of it at our expense......

It's Settled Science, a term often used to cut off debate, by those who can't win the debate without voodoo science, like using the race card &  screaming at the top of their lungs you're a RACIST!!!

Well, do you think it's 'settled science', or do you think it's just a 'SCAM' defined by a Voodoo Science Religious Sect?

Reply #7
Nah... Shaped like bollocks!;)

You beat me to it? :irked:
you're a RACIST!!!

That's actually no stupider than trying to disprove decades of research based on a local climate event, or rightests claiming "Polar Vortex" was invented for the cold snap in the eastern half of the US (despite the fact the term first appeared in 1853...) , while we in some of the western states actually have above normal temps (which  doesn't prove climate any more then the former.)

The question of why science has become politicized is begged. Could it possibly be the religious component of  GOP lobbying against evolution, while trying to deny more than century of fossil evidence and lobbying by petroleum industry against decades of data?

Reply #8
......The question of why science has become politicized is begged. Could it possibly be the religious component of  GOP lobbying against evolution, while trying to deny more than century of fossil evidence and lobbying by petroleum industry against decades of data?

I'd say that could possibly account for between 15 & 20% of the politicization, but most probably the bulk of the reasons this issue has been so politicized lies elsewhere, for various other grounds, & on more than one side of any political spectrum.

Reply #9
Anybody here been following the "Spirit of Mawson" ship of fools story? This was a classic, a bunch of warmist "scientists" chartered a ship to go to Antarctica to, amongst other things, see how much sea-ice has been melting down there. The problem is that the sea-ice refused to cooperate, it trapped their ship and they had to be rescued by helicopter. Then the ship they got taken to had a job and a half navigating out of the heavy sea-ice, then had to stand by while the Chinese ship that provided the helicopter indicated that it, too, had become trapped and might need assistance. Fortunately, the wind shifted and the ice-bound ships were able to work themselves free of the sea ice that shouldn't have been there (it was supposed to be melting) and now the ships are on their way to their various destinations. Interesting story, makes for good reading, I've been following it on the "discredited" WUWT blog.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #10

........Then the ship they got taken to had a job and a half navigating out of the heavy sea-ice, then had to stand by while the Chinese ship that provided the helicopter indicated that it, too, had become trapped and might need assistance. Fortunately, the wind shifted and the ice-bound ships were able to work themselves free of the sea ice that shouldn't have been there (it was supposed to be melting) and now the ships are on their way to their various destinations........

That's why, & it has been well documented, why they needed to change the name of their midway side-show from ''Global Warming" to a more general, all encompassing, can't go wrong moniker of "Climate Change".

Hell, even I believe in Climate Change, to the extent that Climate Change is a naturally occurring cycle.....a cycle that can take many years to go from one point to another.

Now, when the radically extremest left saw that too many people like myself were aboard with Climate Change ----  but we didn't subscribe to man-made Climate Change like they Gregorian-ly chanted too ---- so, they demanded it's name had to be changed again

to Catastrophic Anthropogenic Climate Change this time, with it's 

more radical sphincter groups adopting the Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming Hypothesis.......dude. 

Reply #11

That's actually no stupider than trying to disprove decades of research based on a local climate event, or rightests claiming "Polar Vortex" was invented for the cold snap in the eastern half of the US (despite the fact the term first appeared in 1853...) , while we in some of the western states actually have above normal temps (which  doesn't prove climate any more then the former.)

And so did most of Europe for example.

Reply #12

Anybody here been following the "Spirit of Mawson" ship of fools story? This was a classic, a bunch of warmist "scientists" chartered a ship to go to Antarctica to, amongst other things, see how much sea-ice has been melting down there. The problem is that the sea-ice refused to cooperate, it trapped their ship and they had to be rescued by helicopter. Then the ship they got taken to had a job and a half navigating out of the heavy sea-ice, then had to stand by while the Chinese ship that provided the helicopter indicated that it, too, had become trapped and might need assistance. Fortunately, the wind shifted and the ice-bound ships were able to work themselves free of the sea ice that shouldn't have been there (it was supposed to be melting) and now the ships are on their way to their various destinations. Interesting story, makes for good reading, I've been following it on the "discredited" WUWT blog.

Holy shit that's Glenn Beck level of spinning the story :faint:
The sea ice didn't 'refuse to cooperate', instead it cooperated with the wind blowing it into the bay, where it compacted and trapped everything in the way.

Reply #13
Global warming is the wrong (and exlusively English) term for a real and measurable process. In the 70's and 80's it was called the greenhouse effect. Any denialists of that here? The greenhouse effect does not lead up to uniform soothing warming, but to chaotic turmoil, like a boiling kettle. Somehow everybody forgot this in the end of the 90's, when the issue became politicised.

Reply #14
The greenhouse effect is what keeps us from freezing to death. You'd still have to add a qualifier, like accelerated greenhouse effect.

As for the term being exclusively English—I know a few other terms to describe the process, like planetary warming and climatic warming, but global warming is definitely used in many other languages as well.

Reply #15

The greenhouse effect is what keeps us from freezing to death. You'd still have to add a qualifier, like accelerated greenhouse effect.
Well, of course, the "man-made" aspect there is the effect of freons, CO2, and other industrial or artificial additives. Ozone depletion was real, and "global warming" to me is the exact same discussion. Just the decade is different. Nobody denied ozone depletion or accused it of bad science, did they?

Reply #18
[img]http://etc[/img]

It's that way on pretty much any forum except My Opera. I could add compatibility for the My Opera style, but it doesn't really seem worth the effort.

Reply #20
We also have a help page, which after following a couple of links will land you here.

Reply #23
There used to be global warming deniers. Now that they changed the term to "climate change", there are climate deniers. Neither of the terms makes sense to me, but in either case deniers live on the principle "I deny, therefore I think."

Reply #24