Skip to main content
Topic: help building otter (Read 2246 times)

help building otter

I pulled the latest version today and suddenly it wouldn't build anymore, it's complaining about a missing header file (after building 98% of the files without trouble).

In file included from /home/scott/programs/Qt/5.4/gcc_64/include/QtQuick/qquickwindow.h:39:0,
                 from /home/scott/programs/Qt/5.4/gcc_64/include/QtQuickWidgets/qquickwidget.h:38,
                 from /home/scott/programs/Qt/5.4/gcc_64/include/QtQuickWidgets/QQuickWidget:1,
                 from /home/scott/programs/otter/src/modules/windows/web/StartPageWidget.h:23,
                 from /home/scott/programs/otter/src/modules/windows/web/WebContentsWidget.cpp:25:
/home/scott/programs/Qt/5.4/gcc_64/include/QtGui/qopengl.h:122:21: fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
#  include <GL/gl.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/otter-browser.dir/src/modules/windows/web/WebContentsWidget.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/otter-browser.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does anyone know what I'm missing here?  The last time I pulled was before Beta 5 release.  I'm running openSUSE 13.1 KDE, and I downloaded the Qt5 SDK per instructions in INSTALL.

Re: help building otter

Reply #1
At some point a dependency was added: qt5-multimedia

Do you have it?

From Arch PKGBUILD:
Code: [Select]

depends=('qt5-script' 'qt5-webkit' 'qt5-multimedia' 'libxcb')
makedepends=('cmake' 'git')

Reply #2

At some point a dependency was added: qt5-multimedia

Do you have it?

I think so...I used the installer at http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/ and downloaded basically everything for 5.4.  (My system's installed libraries are only 5.1.)  I had to tell CMake where to find it the first time I compiled.  (Note: I have little experience compiling large projects like this and have no idea what I'm really doing.)  There is a QtMultimedia folder in the libraries, so it seems to be there.

Reply #4
@cloudboy, it looks like indirect build time dependency on header files from mesa, package should have name similar to mesa-common-dev.
It comes from QtQuickWidgets, used for start page (speed dial), work in progress.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #5
Okay, thanks Emdek, that solved the problem.

@ersi, I had tried that awhile ago but it didn't work, which was not too surprising because my system with openSUSE 13.1 is out of date.  I will likely change distros soon so I'm not trying too hard to maintain it now.