Skip to main content
Topic: Every Thread Goes Bad.... (Read 24527 times)

Re: Every Thread Goes Bad....

Reply #25
In you inability to be as equal to someone who has been in the public eye do feel free to inform us as to where you learn anything. Books can be bias you know but I will be fair and allow for your education failings as even your government has had concerns over recent years.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #26
In you inability to be as equal to someone who has been in the public eye […]
When I was in the public eye I was playing guitar and singing (…never you mind, how well! :) ). It was honest employment, and great fun.
Getting up on your hind legs to blather was what you did… What came of it? Perhaps some tittering tee-hees — so, I'll give you credit for entertaining. But was there anything else accomplished? Anything purposeful?

Besides stroking your ego, I mean…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #27

In you inability to be as equal to someone who has been in the public eye do feel free to inform us as to where you learn anything. Books can be bias you know but I will be fair and allow for your education failings as even your government has had concerns over recent years.

Certainly.

Reply #28
:)
进行 ...

Reply #30
I am working on a thread that will be so bad that only a couple of our regulars will be able to make it worse.

Reply #31
I can help on that :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #32
Just for the best on making worse. (Or vice-versa.)

Reply #33
Elsewhere on the web, under another name, I've been sore tempted recently to make a text-wall approximately the size of "War and Peace" with no-not-any punctuation. Do you think, if I did this, that this could make a really bad thread worse?
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #36
make a text-wall approximately the size of "War and Peace" with no-not-any punctuation.
It's been done to death, mjm! (Don't you remember Seeker? :) )
Or perhaps I'm remembering the Intelligent Design proponent? (Are they one and the same?)

Hey, hasn't anyone noticed that bad threads sometimes go good? :)
进行 ...

Reply #37
Hey, hasn't anyone noticed that bad threads sometimes go good?  :)

Well, I noticed that you said something... does that makes this a good thread?
I don't think so but it's certainly a good beginning. After my analysis, you need three people posting for making it a good thread.

Three people are enough to represent mankind evolution. One says A, the second says non-A and the third one tries to combine A with non-A. All mankind philosophy never made more than that.

DnD is still at a lower stage, it lives, at the best, from A an Non-A posting. Kind of early African humanoids.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #40
Two Tennesseans are up to taking on one Waltzing Matilda Aussie.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOfyHjRONLo[/video]

Reply #41
 :o
:no:
:awww:

Reply #42
Lolz, were those words they were singing? :-\

Reply #43
You don't need words to sing scat.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tFn6YJjn1U[/video]

Reply #44
I don't have the words to express my feelings for that. :P lol

Reply #45
Ella Fitzgerald said…she'd simply forgotten the words!
But I myself remember a musician I'd worked with when I was a teenager much later, when we re-united, asking why I didn't tell him I could do that: Sing what I played on the guitar, while I played it!
I told him the truth: How did you think I knew what I was playing? :) That's how I practiced!

How could he not have known this? (Too much weed, I think…) Practice is a bizarre concept, for some. Knowing what you're doing is…
Well, you know.

The idea that people learn to do things is almost verboten, now: Either they're born with a gift or they're "precluded" by racial/ethnic/political/sophomoric memes — which is to say: They are wussies!
I'd suggest a poll (but I wouldn't post it…): How many wussies would self-identify? :)
进行 ...

Reply #46
Excellent stuff there jimbro - well done and very enjoyable!

Reply #47
The idea that people learn to do things is almost verboten, now: Either they're born with a gift or they're "precluded" by racial/ethnic/political/sophomoric memes — which is to say: They are wussies!

I don't know what wussies means but people don't learn because learning things it's dangerous. We aren't too far of seeing books being forbidden, only television induced state of coma being allowed.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #48
There was atime years ago when television was a more reasonable thing but these days it is more junk.

Reply #49
There was a time years ago when television was a more reasonable thing […]
What you mean to say was that most people were more naive, then! (Now, they're stupider… :) ) Television is a great medium, but it's rare that it's well done.

I still prefer books, and (live!) conversation.
进行 ...