Skip to main content
Topic: Every Thread Goes Bad.... (Read 24526 times)

Every Thread Goes Bad....

...degenerating into name calling and nation belittling. Why do you suppose that is?

Re: Every Thread Goes Bad....

Reply #1
Only those threads that don't start out bad go bad.

Reply #2
Looks to me that they all go bad.

Reply #3
The ones that start out bad go badder.

Reply #4
...degenerating into name calling and nation belittling. Why do you suppose that is?

Is that a mea culpa? a confession of guilty?
Pray Our Father one hundred times and you'll be pardoned. Maybe... we'll see then if you deserve pardon.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #5
Can't be helped for the moment. We have a guy who goes to the "First Church of Hate Everybody" and believes in spreading his gospel message. Kinda sad, really.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #8
You aren't Mjm.

Reply #9
Me neither.

Reply #10
Any good thread can goes bad , when there are bad people Speak up .
Any bad thread can goes Good , when there are Good People Speak up .

and hence ,   need   Deep  knowledge about psyche when there are  --->  :troll: arround 
so any thread aint  turn to Trollfest , nor cyberbullying .

Reply #11
Any good thread can goes bad , when there are bad people Speak up .

I'm a bad people Speak up.
Fortunately, people as yourself, Good People Speak up, can oppose...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #13
I'm bad.  Whatcha wanna do 'bout it?   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #14
He was.

Reply #16
Threads going "BAD" is a matter of perception rather than them actually turning into a hell hole.

When I came to this forum the one thing that attracted me was it's openness & fair transparent moderation.

For the most part we all knew each other, & we all knew pretty much what to expect when push comes to shove.

Then, we have a resident, myopic, hate almost everything regarding the 'New World' troll, who may just only be
but one bowel movement away from sainthood    --   poor anguished soul. 

On the other hand, we have quite a few "genuine" people, people who actually wish to express themselves & honestly discuss an issue.

The OP of this thread is one of the best examples of what it takes to be "Genuine"

Not always absolutely correct on any particular issue is he (though he sometimes 'thinks' he is), but his traits are commendably honest & he is most always open to discuss the pros & cons of just about any issue.  

Now, IMHO I don't think threads go 'bad'.

Some die quickly, while others tend to go slowly kicking & screaming.

Some seem to go on forever because they continually renew & evolve.

The ones that sour are typically the ones where a minority of participants, rather than meet the issue head on, some lesser people rather attack the messenger rather than discuss the merits, or lack thereof, of the message.

Frustration combined with a weak mind can also set a quiet man into a raging lunatic, but usually that's short lived.

It's not the threads fault, but the participant.

Politics & Religion can also strongly polarize viewpoints to the point of creating a mob-ish atmosphere.

All you need in that instance is a troll to spice up the vitriol a bit, & you then have the poster child of what is perceived as a 'bad' thread.

The treads themselves don't go 'bad', the participants get a little testy at times, but that doesn't make the thread 'bad', just at the worst unsavory to the casual stranger, or the unsuspecting drifter.

Didn't someone say  "Variety is the spice of life."?

Well, that's my honest opinion for what it's worth. 

Reply #17
I blame the big banks and their lack of punishment thereafter.

Also, Glasgow.  :troll:

Reply #18
Nice try.  :D
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #19
Excuse him, Rj. He's a young 'un.

Reply #20
Ach, aye, i do acknowledge that side jimbro and as is probably not appreciated out in the world do feel for him......

Reply #21
Well, he's had a taste of British "higher" education — so, he may be, still, a little miffed! (Luckily, RJ, you've had no such provocation… :) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #22
Yes, higher education...

Reply #23
I do have to say Oakdale that the chance of an ex-colonist seriously making me irked is beyond it. Do keep trying if you cannot get out the chair for some fresh air.

Reply #24
I do have to say Oakdale that the chance of an ex-colonist seriously making me irked is beyond it.
Yes, my dear Icarus of the North, I dare say you're right: You're unflappable! Your telly tells you all you need to know… And that's enough for you; there seems little room left in your skull for anything new.
But I do sometimes wish you'd let a little more of the English language in, way back when. Oh, well. Spilt milk and silk purses and all that, eh? :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)