Skip to main content
Topic: Otters Bookmarks (Read 3116 times)

Otters Bookmarks

Sorry if this is the wrong place,just arrived here and still finding my feet,but can NE1 tell me how to organise Otters bookmarks alphabetically? TIA

Re: Otters Bookmarks

Reply #1
The bookmarks functionality isn't finished yet (but it does have important features like nicknames, called keywords like in Fx). I don't think that can currently be done other than through manually rearranging things, which is a bit inconvenient.

Reply #2
At Import and Export feature I see no option for exporting bookmarks. I believe it certainly will be added at a near future but there is currently any way I can copy it manually as a file able to import to firefox? (I don't know where bookmarks are located in Ubuntu version).
Thanks.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #3
Otter's bookmarks should be in ~/.config/otter/bookmarks.xbel
Firefox's or Iceweasel's bookmarks are in ~/.mozilla/CRYPTICNAME.default/bookmarks.html
Don't ask me how to get the information from xbel to html, though.
As far as I know Firefox cannot import bookmarks from Opera or Otter.

Reply #4
There seems to exist a few tools to convert xbel to html but I don't know how to work with that stuff.
Thanks anyway py-thon. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #5
It's a pity that Firefox can't import bookmarks from a common standard format. As it is I guess Otter will have to add support to HTML export.

Reply #7
Option to export bookmarks to HTML has own ticket:
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/726
But we are planning to overhaul import and export APIs first.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.