Skip to main content
Topic: Opera's background colour (Read 1944 times)

Opera's background colour

One of the main things I loved about Opera was my ability to set the background colour for the entire browser. For me, it was a very light grey because I get horrible headaches and bright screens make them worse.

I have a headache today so opened my old Opera (with all its preferences) to check the difference and immediately it was so much nicer to look at the old Opera.

Does anyone know how I could possibly do this for the new Opera, Opera Next 19?

This is what I had set the old Opera to look like under Tools, Preferences, Webpages,

Normally, this is white, standard for all browsers.

If I could change this, I'd really appreciate it when I have these headaches. 

Lowering the brightness is not the same thing so please don't suggest it  :)

Re: Opera's background colour

Reply #1
You could probably use Stylish with a simple style like html{background-color:gray}.

Reply #2

You could probably use Stylish with a simple style like html{background-color:gray}.

Can you elaborate a bit on how to do that?

I have Stylish installed now but where would I put the style please?

Reply #3
You'd have to install Stylish and write a new style with that in it. Alternatively Chromium/Chropera might have a user.css type file somewhere which holds overrides to default browser styles. At the moment I can comment only in generalities.

Reply #4
Aha!!! I found a script that changed the background colour to a colour I don't want but now I can edit that script and make it the colour I want.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!  :D

EDIT:  It changed web pages and colour schemes so much so that it made some pages unusable.  Maybe someone will write an extension for Opera that changes just what the previous one did, however that worked.  Thank you for your help, though.  :)