Skip to main content
Topic: Questions to the Administrator (Read 98929 times)

Re: Questions to the Administrator

Reply #50
There is also a link for all unread posts.

Reply #53
Next to "Mark all read"? Yeah, I was doubting that one because of a suspicion it might be a sort of other kind;)

Reply #54
Do you run some kind of analytics in the forum, Frenzie?
Are we already menacing Google's world leadership? :)

Visitants from Iran? North Korea?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #55
In a manner of speaking. GoogleBot probably already mirrored the entire forum by now, but there are also bots visiting from the east:

http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.html
http://help.goo.ne.jp/door/crawlerE.html

Here's the OS stats:
Code: [Select]
Windows		86,318	68.5 %
Linux 29,561 23.4 %
BSD 7,352 5.8 %
Unknown 1,430 1.1 %
Macintosh 1,164 0.9 %
Java Mobile 133 0.1 %
Java 2 0 %

In browsers we have mostly Opera (58.9%), followed by Firefox (18.8%) and Chrome (11.7%), but the stats software probably doesn't distinguish properly between Chrome and Chropera. Then there's a bunch of mobile browsers, a normally fairly marginal browser, Konqueror (1.3%), and IE (0.2%) and Mozilla (0.1%) at the very bottom.

Interestingly, not all Opera browsing happens from version "9.80" (i.e. 10 and up), but a marginal amount happened with 9.64 and 9.23. There's also someone who saw fit to try MSIE 6.0 on the forum.

Oh yeah, and there's Elinks—presumably ersi. :)

Reply #56
There are hundreds of user agents......List of User Agent Strings

Firefox has an add-on extension called UserAgent Switcher

This enables any user to masquerade as any browser they please---mask their browser's identity.

There are about half a million Firefox users that have this ability----have this add-on installed.

What browser, spider/bot,  would you have me mimic? 

One press of a button.....done.

Reply #57
This enables any user to masquerade as any browser they please---mask their browser's identity.

Sure, Opera comes with that functionality built-in to a lesser degree as well, and it's also easy to do using local proxies like Proximodo/Proxomitron and Fiddler. But I hardly think that's reason to doubt most people on this forum are still using Opera/Presto, and that Firefox is the second-most used browser. :)

Reply #58
Quote from: An earlier post by Frenzie
....But I hardly think that's reason to doubt most people on this forum are still using Opera/Presto, and that Firefox is the second-most used browser.

Never said that, just that anyone can portray any browser they wish, for whatever reason they feel they need/want to.

How many unique visitors pass here each day?

I doubt their numbers would/could ever justify a concern.

Only a conspiracy theorist would see any validity in mass usage for deviant purposes.

Reply #59
It says on average 80 per day but I think it might including its rather incomplete stat of "1" unique visitor on December 14. In any case it's something like 80-100 per day over the past two weeks.

Reply #60
ׂ

Reply #61
w00t. :P

Reply #62
Used FireFox v1.0.8 ..... can never get used to non-tabed browsers again. How did we ever live with them???

..... Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060410 Firefox/1.0.8

I used the portable version Firefox Portable Legacy v1.0.8

Dont see any difference to what I see with the version I am using (Pre-Australishit) now.

Reply #63
ׂ

Reply #64
Quote from: Boss

What's the [abbr=Am I banned?]shit[/abbr]?

Reply #66

If you swear too much. :P But did you have connection problems or something? What do you mean?

Reply #67
Tell me something Frenzie, do you promise that you will never sell our emails, IPs and the such to no one?
Not even under torture?
You never said that... :)

Come on, make a formal statement...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #68
I don't think it's called selling when it's under torture. :P

If this one doesn't suffice, some kind of terms and conditions will appear within a month or so. That's about message content, but the same applies to e-mails, encrypted passwords, and IPs.

Reply #69
Uau, now we can quote just the part we want.
Thank you, Frenzie. :)

(I even forgive you that you are an atheist...   ;) )
A matter of attitude.

Reply #70

If you swear too much. :P But did you have connection problems or something? What do you mean?
(Lose "selected" soon. Nah'ts ok for a while...)
I mean what is Elink? A sort of browser?

Reply #71
Elinks is a text-based web browser. I use Elink as well as Links 2 and Lynx occasionally. If I recall correctly they all handle certain language-related issues better than graphical browsers, like falling back from ø to oe if ø is not available.

Reply #72
shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview
It's nice it exists, but...
When I first played around my current nettop being newly bought, I found that my two Alts have somewhat different meanings/functions, so I further restrained myself from hitting either of them - except in the shortcuts (eg changing keyboard layout). So to say: which of them shall I use? I fear the right one THE MOST! :scared:!!! (PS: I can't see any smilies in the preview mode, Frans!)

Reply #73
(PS: I can't see any smilies in the preview mode, Frans!)

Are you talking about the rich text editor thingy or about pressing the preview button? I don't know anything about the first, while the second works fine for me.

Reply #74
I suppose that could be a glitch, and maybe not even on your side (some underloading of sorts ???).
So what about 'which alt'?
And one more thing.
« previous next »
at the bottom of a topic's page. I reckon they mean "previous/next topic"? While I, from the very beginning, was expecting to find some "previous/next PAGE"!
Does anybody here use this stuff as it is? For me - it's weird, so I, for one, would like the meanings to be replaced so that they leaf the topic's pages instead of - IMHO - unnecessary what they are... :bu: