Skip to main content
Topic: Questions to the Administrator (Read 99170 times)

Re: Questions to the Administrator

Reply #100

:doh:
You can assign separate moderation/moderators to the boards. I.e., the moderation will differ (the approaches) considering 1) the newcomers and their threads in the DISTINCT 'newcomers' board - and 2) that the moderation in the "settled" boards must be kept "on the full scale", you know? :P

I don't wish to make newcomers into pariahs.

Reply #101
Maybe you're right, maybe not.
What I was thinking about is an introductory board. Where we could maintain a couple of 'welcome' and 'be cautious' topics in pins. And the folks could create topics like "Hi! I'm Steve::D" or something. ;)

Reply #103
I don't wish to make newcomers into pariahs.

This isn't a question, but I think it needs to be said.

I agree 110%  with the above statement.

We can't be sellin' the place as Friendlyville, where you can sit down, relax, & exchange ideas with friends when they strip search ya at the door, & then insist on a cavity search using a 1936 Buick hood ornament.

Next we'll be sellin' raffle tickets for a chance to win an all expenses paid month at the Molokai Leper Colony.

All kidding aside, the last thing this budding Forum needs are overbearing levels of rules, regulations, moderation, or lack of transparency. We also don't need any 'NEWBIE Unfriendly' or negative trust issues connected to initial membership.

Hell, a lot of our potential membership will be coming from the MyOPERA forums, & are feeling beat up enough already, they need respect rather than skepticism.

Having a group of firm, but understanding & temperate moderators will easily pacify any 'problem child' if one or two should surface.

The DnD Sanctuary is now, & can continue to be, one of the best damn Forums this side of Friendlyville.......providing we continue to let it be.

Reply #105
Is it the very concept of a default avatar or the default default avatar?

Reply #106
I don't care. Just make it loseable. You can make it non-existing at all by default, can't you?

Reply #107
 I just turned ALL avatars off in my looks, but 1) I do not just want seeing that exact freaky unwell blue nonface on my screen, existing avatars are ok, 2) that 6ucking bastard still flickers at the top of everything for me:damn:

Reply #108
I just thought it might be nice to have a default avatar. :(

Reply #109
Hey!:)
It might. But you know what?
It is also nice not to have a freaky face flashing upon somebody's eyes - when that somebody has "No" in his avatar setting.[abbr=:cheers:][/abbr]

Reply #111

I just thought it might be nice to have a default avatar. :(

I think it's cute, & see no harm in keeping it as a default.....which can easily be replaced by a more appetizing avatar if one dislikes the default.

Reply #112
Frans, what about adding some themes to the site? Just vary the existing with colour: I'd like some green?

Reply #113
You can actually choose a different theme in your settings, although that way you'd lose out on some of the unique features.

If someone writes some custom CSS I could probably find a way to make a child theme with just the CSS file different, although I encourage UserCSS creation and sharing. ;)

Reply #115
Yes, so did I. If you (temporarily) chose Core, you'll see what I mean about losing features.

Reply #118
Of course it is, but such things take time.

Since you use Chrome, you might be able to do something like this

Code: [Select]

html {-webkit-filter: hue-rotate(90deg)}

Reply #120
I know nothing of Stylish for Chrome. I imagine it should have some kind of function to make a new style for the currently active site.

Also I'm not sure if anything you can do with those filters will be particularly nice looking, but it's the only thing that can be done quickly.

Reply #121
Nah, Chrome is an automated automaton or sorta... Since that, I didn't dig much.. I have "Developer tools" and "JavaScript console", but this is another topic...:left:

Reply #122
The color change is just a palette I quickly whipped up when Luxor said to me that he likes blue. After working it out a bit, I thought the default just looked so boring. So this is not finished, the colors may change still, etc. but at least it's not the default so we have a bit of a more unique character. I hope you all agree. :)

Reply #123
is just a palette
Yeah, it seems the word...
Anyhow, I acknoledge that changing only one (eg background) colour is not an ultimately excellent idea - as long as we have words and buttons placed upon it. Then/thus we might need a couple or slightly more of combinations of 2-3 main colours here in the question. E.g., a background and the now orange buttons... (Well, we have some white fonts as well - not to forget...)

Reply #124
Nah, the smilies are also orange, and there are posters' markings - way more than just two colours!..:faint: