Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome to SMF! (Read 22104 times)

Re: Welcome to SMF!

Reply #25

Here's a random Google-selected test page
Most of it anyway, it hit the 20,000 limit. I suspect that is based on UTF-8 and 20,000 bytes, as I don't think there were actually 20,000 characters in the quoted text.

Reply #26
ׂ

Reply #27
LibreOffice says the page contains 20,250 characters.

Reply #29

LibreOffice says the page contains 20,250 characters.
Possible, I haven't actually checked. It didn't feel/look like 20,000 characters, it did feel like 8000 characters (the limit at my.opera)

Reply #30
Possible, I haven't actually checked. It didn't feel/look like 20,000 characters, it did feel like 8000 characters (the limit at my.opera)

I haven't really given the limit much thought; it's simply the default. But most posts (including this one) never even reach 1/10th of even 8,000, so it doesn't really seem necessary to restrict the few outliers.

Reply #31

I haven't really given the limit much thought; it's simply the default. But most posts (including this one) never even reach 1/10th of even 8,000, so it doesn't really seem necessary to restrict the few outliers.

Yeah, and if some bantay type shows up such a limit wouldn't slow him down much anyway.

Reply #32
Together with an enforced interval between posting it would slow him down a bit. However it would be difficult to combine an enforced delay with lounge-like games, where making as many posts as possible is the objective.

Reply #33
SMF has a function to delete or close inactive threads, I'm sure that can be turned into a game :right:
( as in, who gets the last post in before the thread is auto-closed? )