Skip to main content
Topic: The Inauguration, & U.S. President Donald Trump's First 100 Days in Office (Read 54141 times)

Re: The Inauguration, & U.S. President Donald Trump's First 100 Days in Office

Reply #225
If you would like a pleasant dictator
No thanks, RJ! We just got done with a president who had "a phone and a pen" — and no respect for our constitution…
The new guy will settle in and learn the ropes.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #226
Aw, well, fair enough. It would have been a challenge and a bit like a Glaswegian having to run Edinburgh.  :wizard:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #227
There's lots more going on. But Assad has (…or Russia has) crossed a "red line". Barack Obama's leading from behind strategy is toast. And Putin is between a rock and a hard place…

I don't think we (the U.S.) needs to solve the Syrian civil war. But Russia has required us to do so…
(They want to see how far we will go…) There's a message being sent,

What will Putin's response be?
—————————————————————————————————————
Anyone notice that Sanguinemoon has stopped posting? (Well, Howie's posts tend to have that effect… :) ) But doesn't Sang have something to say?
Nah! He's waiting to see what his "leaders" have decided.
(And they just can't decide… :) )
Heil!

He won't get the joke; but he also won't ever reject the Democratic ideological way of viewing the world.

Guess what? Nobody cares anymore…

What do our European brothers think?
————————————————————————————————
Another thing about Russia's reaction:
Apparently all 50 Tomahawks struck home. Assuming that to be true, several deductions are possible.

First, those are slow missiles. Top speed, about 500 miles per hour. They are very accurate, but they are slow. They were in the air for at least half an hour. They went past areas defended by Russian missiles of SA-6 and newer, any of them capable of shooting down a slow cruise missile like a Tomahawk. It is unlikely that the fleet of 50 Tomahawks, fired in a time on target pattern, were not observed; but so far as I know, not one was intercepted.
(This, from Jerry Pournelle… You can find his stuff easily.)

I'll wait to hear from SecState Tillerson. (Your milage may vary… :( )

Indeed, there's a new sheriff in town. And Putin knows it.
进行 ...

Reply #228
I don't think we (the U.S.) needs to solve the Syrian civil war. But Russia has required us to do so…
(They want to see how far we will go…) There's a message being sent,

What will Putin's response be?
Whatever happened to "Putin has said nice things about me. He respects me!"?

Trump was wrong. And this is not even the worst thing he's wrong about. Every time he tries to set things straight, he makes them worse. Get your popcorn ready.

Reply #229
For sure.
Russia has also required you to invade Iraq, to bomb Libya and to stage and heat up the civil war in Syria.

You invaded Iraq without having any solid evidence of Saddam's WoMD existence.
Déjà vu - now you are attacking again a sovereign state without having any solid evidence.

The USA doesn't give a damn shit on international law when it comes to its own interests.

BTW,
it should be by now Trump's new slogan: "Make America Al-Qaeda's Airforce again"

Reply #230
Guess what? Nobody cares anymore…

My immediate reaction was: What a Clintonian response. 
Bill Clinton used to do this. To me missile lobbying is indicative of a lack of a long-term strategy, a winning one anyway, combined with the need to make a point.  I am no fan of this, but depressingly it is in the shortlist of least bad options. 

In itself it will not improve the situation, or substantially change it, it does not up the ante. It is a call, to use that parlance.

The reaction is predictable, to retweet:

The Left today are genuinely more outraged by attack on air base that killed no civilians than they are Trump bombing a mosque with kids in.
(and of course in this case "The Left" is interchangeable with "The Right")

Reply #231
Does nobody remember Obama's "Red Line"?
Our military and Russia's and Syria's know where the chemical attack came from: Shayrat airfield. It won't be used for more such attacks…

On a much lighter and brighter note, Judge Gorsuch will be sworn in as an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday. And, until the Senate changes its rules again, the unprecedented threat of a filibuster for such a position is gone.
进行 ...

Reply #232
Our military and Russia's and Syria's know where the chemical attack came from: Shayrat airfield.
Blah blah blah, parroting false neocon war pretenses. At least something you are good for.
You didn't got the chance to witness a war on American soil. Who knows, maybe your grandchildren will. I'm sure they would be very proud of their 'brave' grandfather...

Reply #233
"False neocon war pretenses"? :)
进行 ...

Reply #235
I find very strange such a chemical attack, with no strategic objective whatsoever, by the Syrian forces the very moment they and their Russian allies are beating the enemy all over the line.
By the contrary I can understand very well the need for inventing a pretext so the rich sick boy can play with missiles. He must be feeling himself a powerfull War Lord.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #236
krake, you might like this… Oh, and what did Clausewitz say? "War is merely the continuation of politics by other means."
进行 ...

Reply #237
I find very strange such a chemical attack, with no strategic objective whatsoever, by the Syrian forces the very moment they and their Russian allies are beating the enemy all over the line.
By the contrary I can understand very well the need for inventing a pretext ...
WMDs In The UNSC - History Repeats Itself, First As Tragedy, Second As Farce

Reply #238
krake, you might like this… Oh, and what did Clausewitz say? "War is merely the continuation of politics by other means."
I was well aware of those reasonings. If I agree with them is another matter.
As for Clausewitz, he omitted to tell that there can be also states who mix up politics with war.
In case of the USA, politics is merely the continuation of wars by other means.

Reply #239
BTW: Andy McCarthy, writing at the National Review, agrees with you – mostly. But what his analysis misses is that the U.S. and Syria are signatories to the CWC; and the U.S. has troops (and allies) fighting ISIS in Syria…
Are there to be no consequences for the use of chemical weapons? Surely, you don't suggest that the U.N. do anything…)

His arguments regarding the use of force as per the Constitution is quite weak. But he was an able prosecutor!
进行 ...

Reply #240
Don't we all know what happened to Saddam's WMDs? :) He very convincingly concocted most of them, to keep his generals and his neighbors in line. He managed to convince the intelligence services of France, Great Britain and the U.S., didn't he?
进行 ...

Reply #241
That would in hard fact be easy to do as the West is so damn full of itself and thinks it is the bees knees.

Reply #242
Ah! Of course, RJ. I should have thought of that! Obviously, only the humble who know they know nothing know anything! :) How very almost Socratic of you…
进行 ...

Reply #244
The day is increasingly coming hen the ex-colonies will be the last unprincipled place to be cumfy in.

Reply #245
The day is increasingly coming hen the ex-colonies will be the last unprincipled place to be cumfy in.
Your chickens are coming home to roost, Orangeman… (Did you need to spin the wheel and guess a "W"? Too bad, you wound up on Bankrupt!)

So: Who used poison gas at that town and who didn't stop them? (You do know, it's going to come out…)

Nice swerve, coming back to this thread to post… :) Like no one would notice!

BTW: Do you have any GB politicians you like and agree with? Or are you just a Jew and America hater? (You used to be a Muslim hater, too! But when it finally dawned on you how much they hate the Jews, you relented… :) Good-fellows!)

What are your principles, RJ?
进行 ...

Reply #246
You really are such a limited mindset my dear man.

If anyone has a forthright view (especially on the US or Jews then it is automatically a hate thing. Once you leave mental school age and grow up the world might seem a better place.

Reply #247
Howie, your bundle of prejudices don't qualify as a "forthright view"… The idea that I consider a viewpoint "automatically" anything conflates rational discourse with your style ranting.
进行 ...

Reply #248
Well maybe I should just muse that you are full of national prejudice.  You lot wax liberally about being the world's greatest democracy ( :lol: ), full of freedom ( :lol: ), fairness ( :lol: ) . So full of yourselves nationally whilst much of the citizenry would be better living somewhere else! That you are being brained is so obvious to the rest of the world but simpletons don';t see the obvious. :no:

Reply #249
"You lot"? "So full of yourselves"…? :) Oh, and where would "much of the citizenry" be better off living? Russia or Glasgow? :)
进行 ...