Skip to main content
Topic: Windowed Browsing instead of tabbed Browsing (Read 2600 times)

Windowed Browsing instead of tabbed Browsing

Hi there,

first let me thank you for work you are doing on the OtterBrowser-Project!

I tried to switch over from Opera 12 to Otter and I didn't get windowed Browsing (SDI) to work. I tried every combination in the config menu of Otter but I still get always new Tabs when clicking on a link which has the " target='_blank' " attribute. In Opera 12 there is a Option to allow Programwindows instead of Tabs.

Is there anythin I am missing or is this feature not available? I tried Otter x64/x86 on Windows XP x64.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Windowed Browsing instead of tabbed Browsing

Reply #1
Is there really no way to disable tabbed browsing in Otter?

Reply #2
If you get a new window on e.g. Shift + click but not on a target=_blank link, I'd call that a bug. Is that's what's happening?

Reply #3
Yep seems like a bug, I just tested it again:

When the option "Open new windows in a tab instead" is unchecked/disabled, a Link with "target='_blank'" will still open in a new Tab instead of a new Window. Shift-Clicking the same Link will successfully open the desired new Window.

When the option is checked (so default), both ways will open a new Tab (like expected). So it seems to me like a Bug.
Are you going to open up a ticket or shall I open it? Thanks!  :happy:

Reply #4
Sorry, I've been busy. Did you open a ticket?

Reply #6
Ok, thanks. :)

Reply #7
I think, JavaScript window issue in build 177 related to this topic. When "Open tabs instead of windows" flag checked, some JavaScript-opened windows open as child windows, not as tabs. Workarounded with disabling window size/pos changing to JavaScript.

Reply #8
@Freeman, well, this is feature, not a bug. ;-)
And original bug was fixed recently.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.