Boris Johnson's going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Cameron's going on.
[ 0 ] (0%)
The Labourists are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Riots are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
It's raining again. And again.. and again...
[ 5 ] (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Topic: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies (Read 108948 times)

Re: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies

Reply #100
The elimination of badgers which took up last year, seems to get "go" this year in new areas:
DEFRA/NFU to continue the killing in Gloucestershire and Somerset, with possible new cull zone in Dorset - Act today, spend £15 to join the Hunt Saboteurs Association - non violent direct action, the only line of defence our badgers have left.
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10201840571398073&id=253677804659014
THE government’s badger culls are to be restarted this summer with a third killing zone, in Dorset, added to the two existing ones, in Somerset and Gloucestershire, say Whitehall sources.
Badger cull to be extended | The Sunday Times
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10201840559797783&id=253677804659014
Stop the British Badger Cull

Reply #101
Having not received an answer from Josh, I am just going to assume he is quite obsessed with the UK.

Therefore, I nominate Mr. Howie to give him the grandiose tour!   /s    :eyes:

Reply #102
Now that is extremely very generous and kind of you dear rebel - although tour of what?  Your mysterious tour generosity has me curious. Now moving from your knidness i must comment on the man from fur hat land.

Once again he mentions a teacher strike and again I must too  emphatically inform that it is NOT national. There are effected schools but most are still open other Union not involved. And it is as I pointed out confined to England. Maybe you could help enlighten him of the fact that there are 4 home nations that make up Gt Britain so he might understand that more?? As for hot meals in schools we have another puzzle as they are hardly new and here they have always been present and used them myself - not at Primary School (too near my then home) but at Secondary due to distance. Mind you even in Glasgow we didn't have badgers on the menu so how that animal came into the thing on schools is beyond me.  ???  :D
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #103
Saharan sand pours onto England. The radio presenter's said it was reported by DEFRA and connected to the Climate Change (sic, with capitals;).

Reply #104

Saharan sand pours onto England. The radio presenter's said it was reported by DEFRA and connected to the Climate Change (sic, with capitals;).

Nah, it was just because of some farting camels. :beard:

Reply #106
Siren FM has reported breathing problems in London (the Saharan sand). Also the government is about to introduce blank packs for cigarettes.

Reply #107

It's a question of timing though, Jax. Well over could be 20 years or more, and unofficial referendum or not, Spain is unlikely to soften it's stance in the short term.

I would be willing to bet that the day 1 of Independent Catalunya would be as an EU member. The same goes for Independent Scotland, even more so. Spain might hold back for fear of more wayward separating countries, first among them Independent Euskadi, but Spain needs Catalunya as much as Catalunya needs Spain.

Located between Spain and France, a Catalunya that is not a member of Schengen, EU, the Eurozone, would hurt Spain. Britain would have no such reason to fear a wayward Wales or to be obstructionist, a Scottish EU membership would coast through in the same period of time as the divorce would take. A Scotland (and Ireland) in Schengen and in the Eurozone, with a Britain out of the EU all together is a possible scenario.

If Britain were to leave the EU first, the EU would be more than happy to welcome a newly independent Scotland back.

Reply #108
I present to y'all....... Scumbag David Cameron:

Reply #109
A convicted serial killer has received a compensation for minor injuries got through a cellmate's assault. 'Jail staff could've prevented it but didn't'.
Via BBC Surrey

Reply #110

Quote from: MediaUK
Global Radio's newly acquired Real Radio XS in Glasgow will re-launch as XFM Scotland on Monday, after a weekend of non-stop music.
http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/04/this-is-the-last-link-on-real-xs-glasgow/
Shit happens.©
http://www.mediauk.com/radio/news/go/214209/this-is-the-last-link-on-real-xs-glasgow

Reply #111
Firstly you are wrong and ignoring what has happened in fact. The EEC leaders have stated publicly that an independent Scotland would not be an automatic member. The SNP chooses to ignore this as on most things when found wanting. They assert that as we have been a constituent partb of an existing member their entry is automatic. Leaders of the EEC have said repeatedly that is NOT the case. Scotland would be an independent sovereign State and therefor a new applicant. Neither is it definite it would get in.

Now the Southern laddie come in with that rather infantile language of describing the Prime Minister as a scumbag. What wonderful wording and again the boy  is wrong and glaringly so. May i remind him that he is out of sync with reality? Cameron does NOT want out of the EEC so do try and get the facts right before coming out with such rampant language. Somehow just because the PM is keen on a refernndum (due to the feeling sin the country) does not auotmatically mean he wants out. Indeed he has stated his position which has been neatly ignored.

Reply #112

Now the Southern laddie come in with that rather infantile language of describing the Prime Minister as a scumbag. What wonderful wording and again the boy  is wrong and glaringly so. May i remind him that he is out of sync with reality? Cameron does NOT want out of the EEC so do try and get the facts right before coming out with such rampant language. Somehow just because the PM is keen on a refernndum (due to the feeling sin the country) does not auotmatically mean he wants out. Indeed he has stated his position which has been neatly ignored.

Yes, Cammy lad is a scumbag of the highest degree, and I don't apologize for attacking him so vehemently.

Due to the feelings in the country? Have you gone mad? Who in Scotland wants out of the EU, should the independence vote fail?
Wales? Perhaps a few English Tories want out, per the incessant ramblings on The Telegraph, but to state "due to the feelings in the country" is a load of bollocks to the highest degree.

Davey Boy is a spineless, malcontented git. May he immediately go bald!

Reply #113
You are rather strange on this Cameron issue. I don't have his picture on a wall but I repeat again as it is not registering. He wants to stay in Europe but an awful lot of people don't and he has led the call for a Referendum. So although he isn't my well, hero, he has done things above board in wanting the British people to have their say. Do not see what he is doing wrong at all. Strikingly fair actually.

Remember this too. Decades ago we voted for a Trade association in Europe NOT what we now have so the people have a right to a say. Whether you like Cameron or not isn't the point it is the principle being mooted. So what don't you understand about this? Instead you swing off on a hypo. Rather puzzling stance.

Reply #114
According to BBC Three Counties, "some people are urinating on the streets", and it's "disgusting!":whistle:
So the question to discuss is: how much p. are you ready to lose along with your pee (using "clean public toilets").;)

Reply #115

You are rather strange on this Cameron issue. I don't have his picture on a wall but I repeat again as it is not registering. He wants to stay in Europe but an awful lot of people don't and he has led the call for a Referendum. So although he isn't my well, hero, he has done things above board in wanting the British people to have their say. Do not see what he is doing wrong at all. Strikingly fair actually.

Remember this too. Decades ago we voted for a Trade association in Europe NOT what we now have so the people have a right to a say. Whether you like Cameron or not isn't the point it is the principle being mooted. So what don't you understand about this? Instead you swing off on a hypo. Rather puzzling stance.

What's puzzling to me is that you have yet to provide a link to these supposed hordes of Brits that want out of the EU.

Pray tell, what exactly did you all want? Did you not want an economic union of Europe, to strengthen the continent as a whole?

Reply #116
Firstly you are wrong and ignoring what has happened in fact. The EEC leaders have stated publicly that an independent Scotland would not be an automatic member.

Government leaders in the EU would say that. Countries divorcing complicates matters. For one small thing Scotland + Scotfree Britain would have more voting power than today's UK alone would have. Scots is considerably more pro-EU than those south of the river. But most importantly the national governments that lead the EU often have restless natives of their own, the process shouldn't seem too easy to give them ideas.

But a Scotland in the EU, and an accession process that has finished with the divorce papers so that Scotland will never be outside the EU, is a clear advantage to Scotland, to Scotfree Britain, and to the EU, so clear it would happen unless Madrid backed into a dark corner.

Reply #118
We voted decades ago just for a trade situation NOT a political one with elected MEP's and the jumbo, corrupt and useless thing we have now. The three main parties here have all known that there is a large percentage of Britons who want either dramatic changes or straight ot of it. It has been a semi-regular thing here for a long time so how you are ignorant Rebel is beyond understanding. And to stress it even more why the deuce do you think the UKIP is doing so well in polls here bere the Euro Elections? Some are even saying they might ovektake the Conservative, Labour and Sical Democrat parties. Yet you drift into some self-satisfying mode that i am making something up? The bell is ringing so back into school boy!

Reply #119

We voted decades ago just for a trade situation NOT a political one with elected MEP's and the jumbo, corrupt and useless thing we have now. The three main parties here have all known that there is a large percentage of Britons who want either dramatic changes or straight ot of it. It has been a semi-regular thing here for a long time so how you are ignorant Rebel is beyond understanding. And to stress it even more why the deuce do you think the UKIP is doing so well in polls here bere the Euro Elections? Some are even saying they might ovektake the Conservative, Labour and Sical Democrat parties. Yet you drift into some self-satisfying mode that i am making something up? The bell is ringing so back into school boy!

And you've known your neighbors and their tendencies for hundreds of years. No use in complaining now that the last of y'alls superpower luster has faded. Be a good lad and fall in behind your German leaders.

Also, does that mean you will be forever grateful to de Gaulle for trying to keep y'all out? :P

Finally, I graduated in December, so try again. Also, still waiting patiently for those links.  :sing:

Reply #120
And the only think that keeps your Imperial global and military empire afloat is Communist money. What a farce someone trying to lecture on past glory. Nice to hear you graduated and that is against the flow. It appears that literacy i your State is just in the 80's as much of the nation. The land of the free and home of the brave ( :rolleyes:) has a widespread education problem that has been getting worse. Tens of millions of poor, starving and millions homeless and you come here to pontificate on elsewhere?

And no, I ain't playing circle mind games with you now you are excited to go against the Mississippi  trend as I have answered on Opera. Niggle all you want in response. However, I will smile up at my picture of General Lee to symbolise you passed.

Reply #121

And the only think that keeps your Imperial global and military empire afloat is Communist money. What a farce someone trying to lecture on past glory. Nice to hear you graduated and that is against the flow. It appears that literacy i your State is just in the 80's as much of the nation. The land of the free and home of the brave ( :rolleyes:) has a widespread education problem that has been getting worse. Tens of millions of poor, starving and millions homeless and you come here to pontificate on elsewhere?

And no, I ain't playing circle mind games with you now you are excited to go against the Mississippi  trend as I have answered on Opera. Niggle all you want in response. However, I will smile up at my picture of General Lee to symbolise you passed.

Responses:

1. Need I go into what kept the British Empire afloat for many years, not including our help for much of the 1900-1945?

2. Thank you Sir!  :cheers:

3. Yes, and much like us, the noble Brits also are having terrible problems. Being the helpful person I am, when a friend of mine's wife (who also studied abroad in Liverpool, though it was the year after I studied there) had some of her friends from Manchester and London come to her engagement party, the Mancer had lost his cell phone, so I lent him mine for a time. He used it for texting, and dear god man, for a 25 year old man, the spelling was atrocious. Granted, I know that's how texting generally goes, though I don't type out that crap (spelling like it's all supposed to be), but it was terrible.

Seems as though John Major and the Wicked Witch before him failed on the education front?  :confused:

4. Seeing you include the papacy in this conversation, randomly, I am concluding you are in fact considering a conversion. Take note, @Belfrager!

5. Finally, I found this on Reddit today, and figured you'd like reading it. http://www.ntd.tv/en/news/china/20130319/77889-scmp-poll-hong-kong-wants-return-to-british-rule.html

Reply #122
What's wrong with this system?
Children have got compulsorily(?) allocated to a new Sikh (first gov.funded) school in Buckinghamshire.
The school says it won't oblige pupils to learn Sikhism, though having the Punjabi language hours for children. But what it WILL oblige children to not do: they're having a "recommendation" for pupils and their parent not to eat (and not to supply their children with such breakfasts - for the parent) meat at all within the school's premises.

Reply #123
Nick Clegg's revolt?
Quote from: S.Shakespeare
I hear that the Lib Dem Deputy Prime Minister failed to turn up for a scheduled private audience with the Queen at Windsor Castle on Tuesday. His place had to be taken by Conservative Home Secretary Theresa May.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2606486/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Chat-Clegg-snubs-Queen-again.html
While Nick Clegg was more than happy to appear in the studios of talk-radio station LBC, which hosts his weekly Call Clegg phone-in show, he was unable to find time in his busy schedule to make the 22-mile journey to meet the Queen.
The royal audience was of particular importance, as it was due to be ­followed by the ceremony at which Sajid Javid would be sworn in as one of the Queen’s Privy Counsellors.
Retrieved via Media UK.
Is Nick an anti-monarchist? Jacobite?
"Who's that woman", -- he could say, huh?

Reply #124
Quote from: SmileyFaze
...evidence pointing to the centrality of the British terror factions in the north-east of Ireland to Britain’s counter-insurgency war against the Irish Republican Army.

Simply put it is now beyond any reasonable form of doubt that terrorist organisations like the UDA-UFF (which for most of its history was a legal terror group under British law), the UVF and others operated as de facto adjuncts to the British Forces in Ireland, both military and paramilitary.

As long as Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, the Crown has its right to legitimise patriotic activities. Right?