Skip to main content
Topic: The Inauguration, & U.S. President Donald Trump's First 100 Days in Office (Read 54143 times)

Re: The Inauguration, & U.S. President Donald Trump's First 100 Days in Office

Reply #250
Simple answer to both...yes. You lot are hypocrites.  :hat:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #251
Simple answer to both...yes. You lot are hypocrites.  :hat:

In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Reply #252
And you of course.

Reply #253
You lot are hypocrites.
I don't need to read what you actually posted to support this: It's Americans!

My question would be -for anybody but you- who isn't? (My answer would be anathema to you: American constitutionalists…) You're still sore that we beat King George and became a separate and, eventually, a more important country than yours. But you still think you should be important; hence, your continual funk.

What are your actual problems with the Trump administration?
I suspect you'll eventually say you don't like his hair…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #254
And when you had your revolution it was led by the corporatists of the time and they set up the basis for the same crowd that run the damn place today - NOT the people at all. They only made up a third of the Revolutionary side but had the money and power etc.  When you tried to invade Canada which had the sense not to go your daft way you got thumped and I dare say many of the Canadians who did the routing were ex-Yanks who had left the ex-colonies and wise they were too. For all the utter hypocrisy over that damn bit of paper the wonderful Constitution it was okay as long as you weren't black. Great principles and you have been fighting over the bleeding bit of paper ever since.

When you become a full democracy rather than the big two corporate parties and deal with the tens of million of Americans who are suffering then boast.  Yeah technically a full Republic but a full democracy? Nope.  :down:

Reply #255
For you, RJ, your democracy is a fetish… And your disdain for so-called corporatists is typical, coming from someone who's only ever worked for the government! (Am I wrong about that?

Again I ask -since it's the topic of this thread- what, specifically, is your problem with the Trump administration? (I've previously, in other threads. asked what your problem with the U.S is.… You've never answered. But I understand: Blind prejudice is often hard to justify.) I'll stick with my bet: He gets away with his hair, while you don't get away with yours! :)
进行 ...

Reply #256
You are wrong about my employment history and I only worked for the government for a year. And you try to claim I am wrong about my assertions on your country. Try reading THE LIST I gave you that show the utter hypocrisy. You are ruled by corporates and still re today in both Democrats and republicans while no-one else can get a look in due to that corrupting power. The military is huge and again the military corporate industry clapping it's hands and so on. You just ignored my list because it cannot be properly answered. President trump will get sucked into the routine and has already started. Saying one thing at the hustings then once in power the system controls the leader.

Well over two centuries and still a mess up with millions getting nowhere at all and you just ignore that. Hope you get to the off-licence before closes or you will groan at the truth!  :blush:

Reply #257
It seems that "buy American, hire American" has already disappeared... but no, here comes superman with a law.
The man is great. Fantastic. Huge.
Is it a bird? an airplane? no, it's supertrump!!

Markets are stupid, so they will keep on buying European, Chinese, bla bla and hiring Mexicans for manufacturing lousy American stuff...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #258
As Lowry wrote in National Review:
Trump is a particular kind of hawk. The Jacksonian school is inclined toward realism and reluctant to use force, except when a national interest is clearly at stake. As historian Walter Russell Mead writes, “Jacksonians believe that international life is and will remain both violent and anarchic. The United States must be vigilant, strongly armed. Our diplomacy must be cunning, forceful, and no more scrupulous than any other country’s.”
(source)
Is that not an arguably sensible position? :)

@Bel: My sister and great nephew are flying a Brazilian designed and made E-175 turbofan jet half-way across the country… I believe in free trade. Tend your garden, would-be gentry! :)
(Of course, its engines were made by General Electric and its avionics by Honeywell… I'm just saying.)

Back at RJ: Our Democrats declared a "War on Poverty" in the '60s, and we've spent trillions of dollars fighting it. Of course, the actual number of those in poverty remains roughly the same.
Isn't it much the same in your country?
(BTW: "Poor" in the U.S. is usually equivalent to Upper Middle Class, in Great Britain… :) )

And -since you don't care what thread you "drop" your posts- I'd ask: What did you do most of your working life? I'd thought you were a government employee; but you answered that you'd only worked one year for the government… What did you do for pay in the private sector?
进行 ...

Reply #259
The second special election since Trump's win:
Massive amounts of money have poured into the Georgia 6 election, with Democrat John Ossoff reporting April 6 that he raised $8.3 million in funds and had $2.1 million on hand as the campaign approached an end.

Republican Judson Hill had the second-most amount of funds raised, reporting $473,000 with $113,000 on hand and Republican and Karen Handel was third in fundraising with $463,000 being raised as of the the reporting date. She had over $183,000 on hand heading into the final weeks.

Polls released prior to the April 18 election indicated that Ossoff would take the election outright, but likely wouldn’t reach the 50 percent necessary to win outright. Handel has been second in all of the polls and led all 11 Republicans in the race. Republicans Bob Gray, Dan Moody and Hill all received similar support in polls.

The election has a nationwide feel to it, as it’s one of the first elections since Trump was elected president. In fact, Trump recorded a robocall that was sent to voters in the district Monday, and he tweeted out later that night with such a crowded GOP field, a runoff would result in a “win” for the Republican candidate.
(source)
Remember, Obama was the only "modern" candidate for the presidency to forego public financing: He spent about $2 billion on his initial election… (Of course, Trump is the only "modern" candidate to not disclose his tax returns… :) )

The previous special election in Kansas resulted in a Republican win. What do the Dems expect?
进行 ...

Reply #260
Is that not an arguably sensible position?
Maybe, but does it describe Trump?

"inclined toward realism"? No.

"reluctant to use force"? No.

"a national interest is clearly at stake"? He doesn't know what a national interest is.

Etc.

Reply #261
Of course, its engines were made by General Electric and its avionics by Honeywell... I'm just saying.)
Probaby made in China... and by the way, Embraer builds their planes at a new modern factory here in Portugal. Except for the passengers theres nothing American at that turbofan. Bon voyage. :)

Trump's economical isolationism and proteccionism, his electoral flag, it's a joke.
The EUA would close doors in a week and not a single job would be created, by the contrary, millions would be destroyed.

The only thing I recognize Trump to be good is at showing how someone with so many million dollars can be such an imbecile.
America - the land of possibilities, indeed.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #262
Trump's first hundred days are up. How to describe it? Commendably, he has shown himself a busy working man. Unsurprisingly, he either silently gives up or loudly denies his campaign promises. Sadly, his style of reality show gets old fast and is losing its entertainment value. Luckily, none of his worst far-out plans have succeeded (yet). Here's a laundry list.

1. He said he wouldn’t bomb Syria. You bought it. Then he bombed Syria.

2. He said he’d build a wall along the border with Mexico. You bought it. Now his secretary of homeland security says “It’s unlikely that we will build a wall.”

3. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. Then he brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses.

4. He said he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “wonderful.” You bought it. Then he didn’t.

[...]

6. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually. You bought it. He hasn’t, and says he never will.

7. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest. You bought it. He remains heavily involved in his businesses, makes money off of foreign dignitaries staying at his Washington hotel, gets China to give the Trump brand trademark and copyright rights, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

8. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said. You bought it. Then he put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

[...]

11. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the generals did. You bought it. Then he green lighted a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though  his generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained [Foreign Policy: Donald Trump Needs to Own the Yemen Raid]
Etc.

Reply #263
Unfortunately this change of stance from what is said in election campaigns then about facing once in the White House is sadly routine.

Reply #264
Trump's first hundred days are up. How to describe it?
The "rulers of the world" turned into a joke. A bad taste joke.

This is the real triumph of consumerist capitalism, a morone with millions turns into the leader of million of morones...

Even Bush was better than this bimbo.
I believe that many / most Americans don't deserve this.

A matter of attitude.

Reply #265
Well, I'll grant that even a certain Portuguese can count up to a hundred. But he -like most here- will continue this thread: because Trump has done such terrible things — to the world!

Shall we start a new thread for the first 200 days? :)
I believe that many / most Americans don't deserve this.
Your "believes" are usually inane.
Tend your garden! (Don't be tempted by that snake!)
进行 ...

Reply #266
Trouble with America is that too many decent and sensible Americans are stuck with a control system that contradicts the principles!  :blush:

Reply #267
The only real trouble with Scotland is (according to one poster here…) that he isn't in charge! :) The poverty and crime, Jeez, they'd go away overnight, if he were!
Because he's led boys on walks through the forrest. And, really, what else do you need to know — besides what you see on your telly? :)
进行 ...

Reply #268
I read that Americans are waiting to know when Trump will change sex... since he already changed everything he said...  :lol:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #269
Well we Oakdale have forests which one takes it are similar to your "forrests."?A long ago friend of mine got married her then emigrated to America and California. She still groans after decades as to what passes for the word 'democracy.' Her son and his wife visited the democracy of Gt Britain including Scotland and they were overwhelmed with the general difference the wider politics and standards including north of the Border. So much so the couple are now proceeding to ell their house and move to the west of Scotland. My friend their mother and father are supporting them in the move. Trouble is that millions of ex-colonists can't afford to cross their own country never mind try to get out of it!  :hat:

Reply #270
Trump is less interesting than the mass delusion that made him a president.

It may take a long time to be dispelled, far more than hundred days. After the fall of the Wall communism collapsed in the West as well, but it took years. When it happens it is unlikely to do so without taking much of the Republican party down with it.

One observation from the first hundred days is that he seems to have a deep need to be liked and admired. That wasn't all that clear before he got elected, his famously thin skin notwithstanding. It seems the worst scenarios can be avoided, but there are many more chapters to go.

Reply #271
Well I am fed up with all the stuff we get saddled with on television here. The first hundred days programme and others and i do wish they would give it all less time as it is a boring as the hot place. It is an American issue or problem depending on which side one is on over there but for heaven's sake I wish the media here would give us a damn break.

Reply #272
Well I am fed up with all the stuff we get saddled with on television here.
Well, boy-o, your Telly is a government supported and government approved propaganda outlet, like RT and Pravda… You can complain all you want, but they'll still make you pay to watch the bits that you still like.
Do they still make you pay coins in a slot for lights and heat?
进行 ...

Reply #273
Well I am fed up with all the stuff we get saddled with on television here.
There's an off button on your TV. Press it and the problem is solved.  :yes:
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

On/Off

Reply #274
If you can't find it, it's usually the same as the "on" or "power" button.