Skip to main content
Topic: The Inauguration, & U.S. President Donald Trump's First 100 Days in Office (Read 54131 times)

The Inauguration, & U.S. President Donald Trump's First 100 Days in Office

The 45th President of
The United States of America
Donald John Trump

Will President Trump have all his Cabinet picks settled, & ready for work on Day 1 ?

How many hours will it take President Trump to undo all of Former President Obama's Unconstitutional Executive Actions & Orders, effectively eliminating 98% of all Obama's dubious accomplishments?

With Majorities in both the House & Senate, how will the new Trump Administration tackle the disemboweling of Obamacare?

☀  What provisions might they keep, if anything?
          ☀  How will they migrate in the replacement provisions ..... & over what time schedules?

Who will President Trump nominate to replace Antonin Scalia?      When?

When will President Trump start building the "Wall", & who will pay for it? 

☀  Will he actually force Mexico to pay for it?
          ☀  How?

Will President Trump give his AG an unfettered pathway to pursue the prosecution of "Crooked/Lyin' Hillary"?

In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Re: The Inauguration, & U.S. President Donald Trump's First 100 Days in Office

Reply #1
First I'd like to comment upon the inauguration itself: Once again -even before he becomes president- he's creating jobs! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #2
As for Trump's cabinet nominations, I don't see any that will fail… (He hasn't nominated Barack Obama for anything, has he? :) )

The Democrats are doing what they've always done: Crying "foul" when they lose. And, of course, it's always someone else's fault! Hubris is what it is…
进行 ...

Trump's megathread

Reply #3
TRUMP'S MEGATHREAD
All posts containing the "T" word will be automatically moved to this thread.
Just kidding.

Reply #5
Place your bets: Will there be a second term or not.

Reply #6
What the heck!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lxS46h9sls[/video]

USR? United States of Russia?
It looks like Russian hackers did hack the fireworks.  :no:

Reply #7
I was hoping for more than regurgitated campaign rhetoric out of an inaugural speech.  (Not expecting)

Reply #8
"Rioting In The Capital" - That's gonna make a great clickbait headline. 

Reply #9
"Rioting In The Capital" - That's gonna make a great clickbait headline.
American Maidan?

Reply #10
Senate confirms Mattis as Secretary of Defense. Democrat "protestors" turn violent… So: No news, really.
进行 ...

Reply #12
Quick thought- Delete your internet.
Nah! Not necessary: it was only a small number who "turned violent" (…you know, setting fire to a vehicle and breaking store windows in DC — we'll find out if Seattle, L.A., S.F. and N.Y. follow suit… Chicago will, regardless, report an outrageous number of homicides. Oh, well.). CNN has likely given "the world" a different picture! :) (Do they use CG to create their video?)
I'll keep my internet connection, thank you. And my ability to discern real news from fake news…

(BTW: I thought Trump's "speech" was terrible… And, yes, I believe he wrote it himself — except for that one good line!)
进行 ...

Reply #13
As is traditional (yeah, who would know that? :) ), an immediate freeze on administrative orders has been issued…
进行 ...

Reply #14
The year of the fire monkey will soon have done its damage. Let the year of the fire chicken begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u97lqfXjvEc

Reply #15
Oops! European (and others) denigration of the U.S. might have "unintended consequences"…  (You know: Like a cruel tweet!)

But I'd ask European (and others) to consider who has become our SecDef, who is about to become our DCI… And -silly peoples!- who is our CIC.

I don't say Putin is shakin' in his boots. But he is certainly perplexed…
There may be a way for the U.S. and Russia to get along. We should (as should they…) try to make that happen.

Myself, I'm not involved; no one asks my opinion, and that's a good thing. I'd as soon let Syria become nuclear slag, from which Russia could build a secure warm-water port.
(I'd have Saudi Arabia suffer the same useful fate… Glass. Not a warm-water port… :) )
进行 ...

Reply #16
Was I the only one to watch to a B-series sci-fi bad movie about when aliens dominates America and a puppet president waves to empty streets?

(The robotic first lady seems to be slightly out of control... her software needs some tuning, the hardware's not bad.)

:alien:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #17
Nah, I decided to skip the reboot of The Twilight Zone, although I hear it's surprisingly well executed.

Reply #18
Oops! European (and others) denigration of the U.S. might have "unintended consequences"…  (You know: Like a cruel tweet!)

But I'd ask European (and others) to consider who has become our SecDef, who is about to become our DCI… And -silly peoples!- who is our CIC.

I don't say Putin is shakin' in his boots. But he is certainly perplexed…
There may be a way for the U.S. and Russia to get along. We should (as should they…) try to make that happen.

You can expect a lot of studious politeness, that's the modus operandi for thin-skinned dictators everywhere. Flattery is cheap.

Putin is primarily a problem for Russia and Russia's neighbours. Unfortunately Russia got a lot of neighbours (here in Sweden Russia is a neighbour, in Norway Russia was a neighbour, in China Russia was a neighbour, only in the Czech Republic there would be one (Poland) or two buffer countries in between).

That you're not in charge is indeed a good thing. If you, Trump, or anyone else would start using nuclear weapons to settle scores I hope and believe that the rest of the world would realise that such a rouge state would be a threat to everyone, be they Asian, European, African or American. That would set in motion a regime change, and the president, his family, and everyone in position of power would likely never see the light of day again, and America would be under administration as long as Germany was.

There are a good number of things I am sure that Trump wouldn't do (and I don't think you would do either, if you actually was in that position), these are among them. 

Reply #19
That you're not in charge is indeed a good thing. If you, Trump, or anyone else would start using nuclear weapons to settle scores I hope and believe that the rest of the world would realise that such a rouge state would be a threat to everyone, be they Asian, European, African or American. That would set in motion a regime change, and the president, his family, and everyone in position of power would likely never see the light of day again, and America would be under administration as long as Germany was.
I suppose that just listening the man speeching as president must have already set in motion a regime change.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #20
No. We're not Africans or Europeans, Bel. First, we don't have "regimes"… Hm. I guess I can stop there: You have no way of understanding anything I might say beyond that.

But do keep playing "Dumbest European E-vah!" I'm  voting for you!
进行 ...

Reply #21
On a more important note: The out-going administration (…you know: the folks who've had jobs for a while…) has gone into over-drive!
Apparently, it really sucks to lose an election… How did anyone ever survive such a calamity before? :)

I look forward to the many executive orders being rescinded: A phone and a pen aren't really that useful.
进行 ...

Reply #22
First, we don't have "regimes"...
It seems a bit early to shoot down Trump quite like that. You may have a system of government still. *pat, pat* :lol:

Reply #23
The world was blind... the empty streets were totally full of people, the biggest attendance ever, so it was told by the new White House speaker. Journalist's questions were not allowed.

They Live is turning true. Distribute sunglasses. First pair can go to Oakdale.
------------------------

Meanwhile, a strange interview by a German minister stating that German and France are the main and leading countries for the European defense system. France providing the weaponery and German the finance.

The Pope adverts against the "saviors" that builds walls...

This is really turning interesting.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #24
I'd as soon let Syria become nuclear slag, ...
You probably nuked already half of the world several times during booze caused semiconsciousness. :D