Skip to main content
Topic: Is there a police psychology problem?? (Read 114011 times)

Re: Is there a police psychology problem??

Reply #275
Only in his dreams. :P

Give up? Meh. One thing is for sure... I'll keep coming back until I don't come back. ;)

Reply #276
[glow=blue,2,300]Officer Wilson will not be brought up on Civil Rights Charges
by the United States Justice Department, effectively, & completely exonerating
the besmirched Officer of all criminal wrongdoing!
[/glow]     

WASHINGTON — Justice Department lawyers will recommend that no civil rights charges be brought against the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed teenager in Ferguson, Mo., after an F.B.I. investigation found no evidence to support charges, law enforcement officials said Wednesday.

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and his civil rights chief, Vanita Gupta, will have the final say on whether the Justice Department will close the case against the officer, Darren Wilson. But it would be unusual for them to overrule the prosecutors on the case, who are still working on a legal memo explaining their recommendation.

A decision by the Justice Department would bring an end to the politically charged investigation of Mr. Wilson in the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown. The Missouri authorities concluded their investigation into Mr. Brown’s death in November and also recommended against charges.........

Now, I believe that Officer Wilson is owed, & deserves, an apology from a lot of people  ---  from the shameless
head 'Smearer in Chief' Obama, all the way down the long black line of defaming race-baiters, & unsavory
slanderous charlatans.

Reply #277
Your relative wealth, SF, seems to keep you far from your country… You no longer know those 'others' who you thought were your countrymen. They will not -those who demanded retribution for the actions of Officer Wilson, but not for those of Citizen Brown- apologize for their egregious lapses — of sense, of justice.
Al Sharpton has won this battle. He speaks to a constituency that is ignorant beyond belief; but it has been fostered, by generations of liberal college professors and politicians.
The terms don't matter. (They love to play with words… But take no joy, besides schadenfreude, in it.) These are an under-class — by choice:
They prefer their violence to work, and think they can prosper better by it.

I don't know that they're wrong…in the short run.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #278
Is there a police psychology problem??

Anyone that wakes up,takes breakfast and starts arresting people or sending people to jail has obviously a psychological problem.
I may agree that organized societies needs to employ such people - polices, judges and the sort - but better not to turn them gods.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #279
In America they turn the police into killers who cannot be charged as they wear a uniform!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #281
You hide behind your ranting when everyone knows that when police regularly shoot unarmed possible crims they get away with it. For all the guff about rights, democracy ( :lol:) it would be so easy to turn America into a real Police State. The withering away from the original intentions has been so lengthy and gradual many over there do not fully realise the directions they are going in. Being gun crazy, killing 10,000 a year, police above the law, jails full it tells something more directly honest than all the nonsense about being such a wonderful place!

Reply #282
Being gun crazy, killing 10,000 a year, police above the law, jails full it tells something more directly honest than all the nonsense about being such a wonderful place!

You've never been to Disney World I take it.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #283

You hide behind your ranting when everyone knows that when police regularly shoot unarmed possible crims they get away with it. For all the guff about rights, democracy ( :lol:) it would be so easy to turn America into a real Police State. The withering away from the original intentions has been so lengthy and gradual many over there do not fully realise the directions they are going in. Being gun crazy, killing 10,000 a year, police above the law, jails full it tells something more directly honest than all the nonsense about being such a wonderful place!

RJ.......Flap yer America hatin' gums all ya bloody want, you can't do jack diddly about it!.......

Reply #284
Must say jseaton2311 that I never visited Disney World on my two visits and didn't need to as one just has to watch what goes on daily in the country at large and it isn't funny.

Well smiley you keep up tha emotional built in psyche of many Americans especially on your political corner. Trouble you are embarrassment to ex-colonists who have a proper brain and know how to use it. Just a pity there isn't a Forum for kindergarten people.However don't ever worry as there are a multitude of head shrinkers over there with legions of nut jobs to help.

Reply #285
You didn't miss anything. Disney is crap. Florida is a big turd too.

Reply #286

Well smiley you keep up tha emotional built in psyche of many Americans especially on your political corner. Trouble you are embarrassment to ex-colonists who have a proper brain and know how to use it. Just a pity there isn't a Forum for kindergarten people.However don't ever worry as there are a multitude of head shrinkers over there with legions of nut jobs to help.

I'm sorry RJ, you must be confusin' me & the millions upon millions of us, with someone that actually gives a flyin' shit what you, or anyone else thinks........carry on.....God will still love yer black heart. 

Reply #287
You didn't miss anything. Disney is crap. Florida is a big turd too.

Yes, of course.  Some people find the whole world is a big turd.  Pity really...nothing to enjoy, look forward to, live for; there is a final solution for all that you know.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #288
The Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom were okay, not as rundown as the rest. The kid liked. Of course he had no concept of value. Overpriced and hype had no place in his mind. Florida is a big tourist attraction which is something few really likes for long. A week is the most I have or will ever stand to spend there. My opinion works for me. If your melancholia works for you, go with it. When I say something untrue please correct it.

Reply #289
When I say something untrue please correct it.

Okay then, Florida is not a big turd. 

White beaches, palm trees, sunshine, warm blue waters, beautiful girls, tropical drinks, the Caribbean, the nightlife and an over all aire of health and well being is my Florida.  I suppose you can make Florida whatever your dull mind wants to make of it--or anything else for that matter.  I am more in control of my mind and my thoughts than you are, that's all really.  Enjoy yourself, wherever you are (or at least try).   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #290
Okay then, Florida is not a big turd.

See. not so hard.

White beaches, palm trees, sunshine, warm blue waters, beautiful girls, tropical drinks, the Caribbean, the nightlife and an over all aire of health and well being is my Florida.

Sounds like a brochure, but okay. I was hoping for some insider's tip of what I've missed outside the resorts... Perhaps nothing then?

I am more in control of my mind and my thoughts than you are, that's all really.

Easy cowboy. I'm not presently in the mood to test that assumption.

wherever you are.

It's a mystery I assure you.

Reply #291
Since we've segued into Is there a Florida psychology problem??, I don't think it is that turdy, but with the exception of Miami/Beach I think it is flat and boring. There might be more boring places in the US, but I haven't been there.

Reply #292
Sounds like a brochure, but okay. I was hoping for some insider's tip of what I've missed outside the resorts...

I'm not talking about resorts, I'm talking about my backyard.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #293

Since we've segued into Is there a Florida psychology problem??, I don't think it is that turdy, but with the exception of Miami/Beach I think it is flat and boring. There might be more boring places in the US, but I haven't been there.

Downstate Illinois. Most of Indiana. Iowa. Miles on miles of corn and soybean fields, not even as much as a cow to break the monotony for several miles. Throw in wheat fields in Iowa for extra added boring.

The last time I was to Florida, it didn't seem bad at all. Of course I didn't get that far South in Florida because the place I had to go to was only 70 miles from the Georgia State Line, but at least the Northern part doesn't seem like that bad a deal. That was a couple of years back now. Before that--- I was a boy, visiting relatives in Jacksonville and swimming in the Atlantic not too far away from there.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #294

I used to live in Tallahassee, Florida.

Then there is, Spring Hill, Tennessee. I moved here a couple of months ago and live in the quietist place under the sun. Given my life, boring is good.

But I've been a few places earlier: Mississippi for a short time, Hawaii for a year and a half, Guam for two years with visits to the Philippines and Japan, then to Korea for a couple of years.

Guam was the most boring of all those places.

Reply #295
Miles on miles of corn and soybean fields, not even as much as a cow to break the monotony for several miles.

Poor flatlanders. I found the big skies of Texas to be equally as boring. What passes for hills in much of the state are on ramps to overpasses. Trees seem accidental.

I like topography and complaining about the seasons. Not a fan of sand in everything so give me a cool rocky creek bed. Perhaps the nightlife and las señoritas don't sway me as they once did either.

I'm not talking about resorts, I'm talking about my backyard.

Nice. I hear some old folks really love it there.

Reply #297
I have never been to a boring place.
Of course I always have me for company.

Reply #299
Nice. I hear some old folks really love it there.

I suppose they do--I just don't know any old folks, except my Dad and he lives in Iowa.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J