Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in Europe (Read 256134 times)

Re: What's Going on in Europe

Reply #775
And France will have an interesting contest with that lady leader of the French National Front. Although they will not win the Alternative Party in Germany will increase as will happen in Austria and other places.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #776
The future of the world wil be defined (again) for what's happen at the next elections at European countries, specially France.

Germany, meaning Merkel, can't stand alone without the French support and the French people, just like all the others, aren't exactly too much happy about Germany.

England has gone away forever thankfully, gone with the wind, they don't count anymore.

Italy it's important, as well as Spain.

King Filipe of Spain is in this very moment visiting us, paying tribute to our first King (  :lol: ), at an atempt to get our support in an united southern front.

The pieces are moving.

Hopeffully, pseudo-nationalist low classes populism, like English, Le Pen and RjHowie's kind (not different from Trump's), will not pass and Europe will, as always, occupy the place that belongs us by nature, at the very top.

And believe me, I'm the least European of Europeans, very proudly.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #777
it's Britain, it's Britain....not England boy from impoverished Iberia circles. We British are on the UN top level our financial sector is important to Europe. Yes we lost an empire ages ago and so did you but look at the state of Portugal nowadays. And automatically dumping me in Trump's corner as an encouragement to yourself in the babble. Your country cannot exist without the EU mess makers but we can. Populism is across Europe. Le Pen will not win the French Presidency due to that new man from the republican Party. However that party will continue to be there in France as will other populist rightists in Austrian, Germany, America  and other places.

Reply #778
Today Sweden, and Finland, celebrate the 250 year anniversary for the 1766 Freedom of the Press Act, a pioneering act not just for freedom of the press, but also for transparency.

While not one-for-one comparable, Sweden was a parliamentary monarchy with the monarch not being a figurehead, it predated the US First Amendment with 25 years, and the Freedom of Information Act with 200 years.

This was the age of enlightenment, which in Sweden soon would be replaced by absolute enlightened monarchy lasting from a coup d'etat to the king's assassination at a masked ball at the opera (which Verdi later turned into an opera of his own). 

https://youtu.be/TVciFuNA83M

Reply #779
It can be restricted in the case of one of seven exceptional circumstances however. Among those are the possibility to restrict the right of access if restriction is necessary for national security, central fiscal policy, preventing or prosecuting a crime, and even the preservation of animals or plant species.

A fraud, as expected.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #780
Just a passing pity that Sweden now only has a figurehead at the top.

Reply #781
It would be a much greater pity if the European monarchs weren't figureheads. Hans-Adam II, the Fürst of Liechtenstein, would be the most notable exception. He pretty much owns the country.

Reply #782
Well he did make his feelings well known and good for him. Indeed he made it very clear that any erosion he would be off. The result a majority voted supporting him!

Reply #783
Sort of like American movie stars threatening to go to Canada if Trump were elected…? (Nah. He had the cash and carry! Which is to say, he'd take a lot of GDP with him. Little countries are vulnerable that way.)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #784
@krake might appreciate this: https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/LG-Hamburg-will-Rechtmaessigkeit-seiner-Online-Inhalte-nicht-rechtsverbindlich-erklaeren-3568292.html

English context for those who don't speak German: https://torrentfreak.com/unknowingly-linking-to-infringing-content-is-still-infringement-court-rules-161210/
In 2011, Dutch blog GeenStijl.nl published an article which linking to leaked Playboy photos which were stored on third-party hosting sites. Playboy publisher Sanoma said this amounted to infringement.

[…]

“[T]he decision of the Hamburg Regional Court represents a massive tightening of their inspection obligations and their liability in itself,” Dr. Kahl explains.

“In order to exclude the possibility of a copyright infringement, in the future you should check, before each linking, whether the page operator has the necessary rights for the photos published there. If this is not the case, you should not link, if you do not want to take a liability risk.”

Reply #785
Thanks Frezie. :)
However Heise.de is among my bookmarks for a very long time and I visit the site at least once during every online session.
So I've read about it.
They are killing the Internet step by step, at least the Internet we were used to.

BTW,
LG Hamburg - mit Willkür zur Verlinkungs-Angst

Reply #786
Well he was a monarchical Head of State OakdaleFTL and very popular obviously. Maybe you should get one.

Reply #787
Well he was a monarchical Head of State OakdaleFTL and very popular obviously. Maybe you should get one.
Not the least bit interested, RJ. Even if we do have some few individuals who'd prefer someone "popular"! :)
进行 ...

Reply #788
Well Oakdale, I can recall a number of years back watching a documentary series on your revolution and what system they should have being discussed at Philly. And what do you know there was a suggestion raised of getting a prince over from Europe - German I think?  And by the way that monarch of Liechtenstein has a bigger rating than your President.  :whistle:  :up:

Reply #789
You seem to be doubling down on popularity, RJ! Was Charles I popular? :)
进行 ...

Reply #790
Everything that matters for the World is going on in Europe and nowhere else.
Even in complete decadence, there's no competition.

An American, a Russian and a Chinese enters in a bar....  what a joke. :lol:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #791
You dodged the thing Oakdale by that daft answer. That cival war in GB was a battle of two sides just like your flakey revolution was. May I also remind you that you in hard practice did not have the majority. A third for the revolution a third against and the rest didn't care much a damn about sides.  Anyway we brought kings back and you lot even considered one!

Reply #792
Anyway we brought kings back and you lot even considered one!
Some few did, but General Washington was wiser than than his forebears… :)
进行 ...

Reply #793
Guff. He was part of the place's early form of corporates and the way the country has turned out only emphases that. We have a monarch that gets 80% rating when will you lot ever catch up?

Reply #794
We have a monarch that gets 80% rating when will you lot ever catch up?
Never! You like to like your inconsequentials… Coming from Glasgow, that makes perfect sense.
We need -and deserve!- consequential politicians. Executives and legislators; indeed, jurists… We won't pretend an elderly lady who can wave her gloved hands at crowds who dare not speak to her is the epitome of democracy! :)

How's Ms. May doing, by the way? (BTW: I'm a bit of a fan.)
I suppose I should watch your parliament's "debate hour" (or whatever you call it) — but you haven't had much in the way of theater since Shaw…
进行 ...

Reply #795
Quote from: rjhowie on 2016-12-15, 17:30:34We have a monarch that gets 80% rating when will you lot ever catch up?Never! You like to like your inconsequentials... Coming from Glasgow, that makes perfect sense.
Remember that the Queen does nothing but look Queenly. No power. No actions of consequence. But she's good at pinning medals on folks.

Reply #796
Here we give medals more sensibly than your lot. You even give them to someone sitting at a pc directing  robot controlled min-planes to do people. Queen Victoria refused to sign a bill on female queers and King George 5th (HM's grandfather) personally summonsed all those participating in the Irish crisis of 1922 to Buckingham Palace to deal with the thing. The Queen can also act on leaning on PM's when they visit her. In your corner you cannot even get your wonderful Presidents to get an 80% support. When it comes to formal state events you bunch haven't a clue and look like kids playing at military. US military tanding with feet together like women here do. Laughable! So you are lucky I am not in the royal bodyguard.  :knight:

Reply #797
The Queen, her mentally retarded son and her grandchildren aren't anymore part of Europe.
So it goes for her subjects.
Long lives the Brexit.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #798
Someone recently wrote
Fischer points out, the geopolitical “West was founded on an American commitment to come to its allies’ defense,” and it “cannot exist without the US playing this crucial role, which it may now abnegate under Trump.”
So: What does Europe do?! :)
I mean, for itself…?
进行 ...