Boris Johnson's going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Cameron's going on.
[ 0 ] (0%)
The Labourists are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Riots are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
It's raining again. And again.. and again...
[ 5 ] (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Topic: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies (Read 109318 times)

Re: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies

Reply #325
Cat-door-brexit

I believe that a Doberman would put that sissy cat running away... f*ck, even a Teckel.
Most important European race dogs are reserved for much more important battles.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #326
Not a cat it is the traditional British Lion. The EU if is plays stupid on the markets side stands to lose an awful lot as they get more from us as we from them alternatively. Imagine - poor Portugal in a state of economic mess and needs to have the begging bowl yakking about principles.  In fact it couldn't leave as it would go into a financial disaster! And tut, tut begging bowl man..swearing. Get thee to the confessional. Can you imagine a State in the USA voting to leave? The corporate "democracy" would have the men in steel helmets going nuts.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #327
This could be in Good News as well, but the optimal pub-to-pub route has been found.

UK24727
A shortest-possible walking tour through the pubs of the United Kingdom.

Reply #328
Doesn't touch me much really as I am teetotal!

Reply #330
I'd prefer to go downstairs.

Reply #331
It seems that Brexit hasn't arrived to DnD yet...
When the English will get out for never ever return?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #332
When they get a similar deal to Sweden's…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #333
Investigatory Powers Bill:
‘Snoopers Charter 2’ to pass into law, giving Government sweeping spying powers
Despite criticism from almost every major technology and internet company – including usually reticent ones  like Apple – and from senior parliamentary committees the legislation has received little opposition in parliament. Early on, the only amendment that the bill received from MPs  was a measure that stopped themselves being spied on, and while Labour has raised objections to the sweeping spying powers it has not voted against the bill.

Reply #334
Israeli diplomat caught on camera plotting to 'take down' UK MPs

An Israeli embassy official has been caught on camera in an undercover sting plotting to “take down” MPs regarded as hostile, including foreign office minister Sir Alan Duncan, an outspoken supporter of a Palestinian state.

In an extraordinary breach of diplomatic protocol, Shai Masot, who describes himself as an officer in the Israel Defence Forces and is serving as a senior political officer at the London embassy, was recorded by an ­undercover reporter from al-Jazeera’s investigative unit speaking about a number of British MPs.

The Israeli ambassador, Mark Regev, apologised to Duncan on Friday. An Israeli spokesman said Regev made clear that “the embassy considered the remarks completely ­unacceptable”.

The Israeli embassy said Masot “will be ending his term of employment with the embassy shortly”. Masot declined to comment or to elaborate on what he meant when he said he wanted to “take down” a number of MPs.

Masot had been speaking to Maria Strizzolo, a civil servant who was formerly an aide to another Conservative minister. Also present was a man they knew as Robin, whom they believed to be working for Labour Friends of Israel, a pressure group. In fact, Robin was an undercover reporter.

Strizzolo, discussing with Masot how to discredit MPs, said: “Well, you know, if you look hard enough, I’m sure that there is something that they’re trying to hide.” Later she added: “A little scandal, maybe.”

https://youtu.be/Hpg85c7pZvY

Reply #336
Police Scotland approves
Hijab as Official Uniform
to boost number of
Muslim women joining force

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBdkyHtcbO4[/VIDEO]

SOURCE:   The Independent         

Police Scotland has announced that the hijab will become part of its official uniform as it aims to create a more diverse force.

The force said they hope the move will “encourage women from Muslim communities, who may previously not have seen policing as a career option, to reconsider”.

In the past, Muslim police officers in Scotland were allowed to wear the hijab, but only once it was approved by senior staff members.

The Metropolitan Police introduced the hijab as an optional part of the force’s official uniform in 2001 as part of a similar drive to recruit a more diverse mix of officers.

In a statement, chief constable Phil Gormley said: “I am delighted to make this announcement and welcome the support from both the Muslim community, and the wider community, as well as police officers and staff.

“Like many other employers, especially in the public sector, we are working towards ensuring our service is representative of the communities we serve. I hope that this addition to our uniform options will contribute to making our staff mix more diverse and adds to the life skills, experiences and personal qualities that our officers and staff bring to policing the communities of Scotland.”
Read more
The hijab is officially part of the uniform for Mounties in Canada

The announcement was welcomed by the Scottish Police Muslim Association (SPMA), a group that aims to build links between Muslim communities in Scotland and the police.

Fahad Bashir, chair of the SPMA said: “This is a positive step in the right direction, and I am delighted that Police Scotland is taking productive steps in order to ensure that our organisation is seen to be inclusive and represents the diverse communities that we serve across Scotland. 

“No doubt this will encourage more women from Muslim and minority ethnic backgrounds to join Police Scotland.”

Geeeez RJ, watcha gunna do now Laddie??? 
Strip off yer Kilt, & join the force in protest!?    

In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Hijabs?

Reply #337
Are Muslim women wearing hijabs allowed to work at all?

Reply #338
Geeeez RJ, watcha gunna do now Laddie??? 
Strip off yer Kilt, & join the force in protest!?
I don't recall seeing any cops in Scotland, but one of the things that stood out to me in England (well, Heathrow anyway) was all of the police officers wearing Sikh headdress.

Are Muslim women wearing hijabs allowed to work at all?
Why not? It's just a headscarf. The thumbnail there looks more like a niqab-type full-body tent.

Reply #339
The rage against the hijab (along with the failure to distinguish between hijab and niqab) is really weird. Hijab in Iran is just a scarf, non-different from what Russian married/church-going women wear. Or what your regular Italian mamma wears to show her Catholicity. It's often similar to those in fashion in Hollywood in the 50's and 60's. OMG stop the oppression!

Reply #340
Hijab in Iran is just a scarf, non-different from what Russian married/church-going women wear.
BTW, this applies also to Jewish women entering an orthodox synagogue.

Reply #341
Over history women have been treated poorly, but this is simply outrageous.

Reply #342
OMG stop the oppression!
When and where was this prescribed by a religious and government authority?
People can wear whatever head coverings they want to (except in France…) but hiding one's face in public and official identification is — well, it's at least suspect. No? :)
Jaybro, I'm not sure what your point is… But if it's railing against anti-female rights, I'm with you. (Darn-near half the people I've known in my life are female, and I've liked most of them; respected them, of course; but also realized, early on, that they're smart! Shouldn't we all want to talk with smart people?!)

A head-scarf doesn't bother me: Except where it's a government imposed requirement. (I'm a lapsed Catholic… I've no problem with our requirements. Heck, I'd even accept the yamulke  – I mean, why not? It's voluntary. That's the real point, isn't it? Voluntary strictures vs. government coercion?)
进行 ...

Reply #343
People can wear whatever head coverings they want to (except in France...) but hiding one's face in public and official identification is -- well, it's at least suspect. No?  :)
I'm pretty sure that most countries have laws restricting head coverings in some manner, like no motorcycle helmets in stores and banks. Belgium was the first to pass a law restricting identity-obscuring headdresses in 2010, although why lawmakers would waste their time banning something relatively harmless practiced by only a few dozen at most is beyond me.

Reply #344
I've no problem with our requirements. Heck, I'd even accept the yamulke  – I mean, why not? It's voluntary. That's the real point, isn't it? Voluntary strictures vs. government coercion?
No. Voluntary strictures vs. government coercion is not the real point.

I don't expect a dude who accepts our requirements (presumably precisely because they are our) to get the real point.

Reply #345
Strongly am considering wearing a colander when my license expires this year. You know, being a Pastafarian Minister kinda dictates that (sincerely held religious beliefs and all that).

Colander > all other religious attire.

Reply #346
Well considering the way religion works in the ex-colonies being daft would be easy to adapt yourself to.

Reply #348
Mrs May is a better Prime Minister than the one before her and I am more than happy to be getting out of the EC. As for independence up here I look for ward to the SNP leader, Sturgeon resigning on another Scots Referendum result.  As it happens the PM was right to say no to another Indy thing while Brexit is going on.  An independent Scotland would have a massive debt no Barnet Formula (special annual grant) from the UK government and have to accept the Euro applying at a later date to get into Europe. Almost laughable that Nationalists want to break from the UK and be put under the control of a non-democratic thing like the EU. And another daftness is that 75% of Scotland's trade is with the rest of Britain NOT Europe.

My brief summation of the modern damn Jacobites is.....

No Surrender!  :knight:

Reply #349
So you're now pro-Brexit? Typical Scot! :) See which side wins and then claim you were always with them…
进行 ...