Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347583 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1675
Interesting your thoughts on polls and that stance of yours is not widely followed and we just do not know.  I have not investigated because I am fortunate enough not to live over there but is it the fact that once a party gets the highest number of college positions they automatically get the whole State?  There are also polls showing only 1% ahead for Hilary Clinton and a couple of events where Donald Trump is. However if Clinton does win the Trump side will still have had a rather massive support from an awful lot of Americans who are fed up with the system and the Hill. She is so taken with her almost fanatical drive and all that constant circus platform stuff is as boring as hell. Little in the wayy of policy from both but for all her years just as bad. There will be many voting for her as the lesser of two evils which says little too does it not? The millions who are suffering over here will see no damn difference from someone who should be acting better than she is. She is paid by the corporate club and cannot be denies and saying one thing to them in private big money speeches and something else on the circus platforms. .

Safe $100 in four years.......
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1676
The millions who are suffering over here will see no damn difference from someone who should be acting better than she is.
In fact, there is. Contrary to what you believe, Hillary does have coherent economic policy, among policies in other areas. But this election has shifted away from policy debate to keeping an insane moron away from the presidency. How it will make a difference to poor is that economists seem to be in agreement on what Trump's few, and vaguely stated policies will do. That is to plunge the country straight into recession. Trade war with China? 35% tariff on Mexican imports, which will not automagically cause a new factory to spring up in Ohio or some other "rustbelt" state but will cause in increase in consumer prices, thus reducing spending and the end result is recession and the newly unemployed being thrown into poverty. There's no telling what economic havoc his China policy will cause, but it will dwarf the damage done by his Mexican one. On domestic economic policy, Trump has the same "trickle down" economics that increases the deficit every time and the money never trickles from the rich to the middle and lower classes.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1677
Trump lost. I'm better than any poll blog/site. Guaranteed or you can have your money back.

If these elections were like this, just imagine the next ones...

A matter of attitude.

Reply #1678
It is all very well saying that as a stance midnight but she is generally in the same trad as Obama. And his legacy? Almost sod all. The tens of millions of poor under Obama's two sessions will continue under her. She is a hawk on global matters and so very tied up by the corporates, Saudia Arabia and Quatar who helped finance her backing. time after time sensible interviewed over there including in the street have not liked Clinton nor completely trusted her but said they would proably vote for her as they think Trump is a question mark. It is as i say the old stuff of the lesser of two evils. Third parties have no chance over there as the money me are not going to support them. A while back I also said that the Democrats via Obama got a bigger corporate income at the previous Presidential circus than the Republicans did! The USA actually needs a wider system than it is stuck with hence so many people and not just vague folk have went for Trump's side because of the way things are run in DC. Will Clinton be a positive contributor in the world? no she won't and those hundreds of bases via the "corporate democracy" still be there. She will be confrontational. Internally will there be any even noticeable decrease in the 43 million on food stamps? No. Will her and the opposition run Hill be palsy-walsy? Nope.

unfortunately you do have a deep and propound challenge and a wider idea on party democracy and the big money controls which have got Trump where he is and emphasises the need for a wide revolution in the system. Just a pity anpot sanders but he wasn't in the corporate pockets like Clinton. Basically a friendly and generally a decent and friendly people but naive when it comes to democracy and proper fairness and principle.

Safe $100

Reply #1679
This is for Howie: Conrad Black's take on American elections, specially this one!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1680
Does this guy need to cheat even when voting? Doesn't he know how to write his own name?

Reply #1681
Does this guy need to cheat
Hey, dude: He's not cheating! The three top buttons of her blouse are open… What's a guy supposed to do? :)
进行 ...

Reply #1682
Grab her by the....?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1683
Well unfortunately Oaky you got it wrong because of you look at his eyes he is not in the right angle for the blouse dear man.

I will be glad when the whole bleeding mess is over as it is a front on the idea of democracy and decency. it is probably the worst election in America for any time in history. Neither candidate is outstanding and the country will still be in a political mess no matter who wins. In addition Clinton will have the same difficulty as that other waste of time before her namely Obama in that he and the Hlll were opponents and that i submit will continue with her. Trump is more of a populatist in a way and not part of the traditional Republican croner and Clinton is smeaky a liar and not much better than him.

What you need over there is a proper multi-party country not a two party one run by the corporate lot. May i remind that obama got in because he drew more money from the corporate barons than the Reps did that time. Other parties do not get a look in and spending over a billion dollars re the two parties and armies of Americans will still be suffering afterwards. Will she curb the 43 million poor no she damn well won't. Neither candidate is much of a credit and millions over there blasted well know it.  Clinton and trump are no credit to the country nor the political system. Other parties cannot get a look in due to the big money people and the media will shunt them. One surprise on one side was the support that Senator Sanders got in so many States which betrays a problem over there. equally that so many went for trump shows the utter frustration of ordinary souls

Outside of the country all the whooping and hollering the waving of cards kids gatherings called party conventions  are head-shaking. A far wider game is needed and this election has betrayed the hard truth that many, many reasonable Americans are getting sick of the way things are run and go.

Reply #1684
What you need over there is a proper multi-party country
Your ideas about "proper" democracy match your idea of "proper" English, RJ!
进行 ...

Reply #1685

Winners are grinners!

If you liked Brexit........You'll love 'The Donald'
     In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Reply #1686
Slow down a bit, Smiley: Trump still needs 270 electoral votes… (But it looks like the Republicans have retained control of both the House and the Senate. Good news! …Now if only we had more real Republicans… :) )
进行 ...

Reply #1687
If ya want something you just have to grab it.  :cat:

Reply #1688
Sour grapes, already… :)
进行 ...

Reply #1689
I'll be fine. I fit the demographic.

Have you ever seen a party get kicked out of their venue? Now she's not going to concede? Hilarious.

**Nvm. She made the call.

Reply #1690
Fox News just called the election for Trump…

Now I have to listen to him "graciously" accept! :)

…oops! He had a kid on stage next to him: He really has to come up with a good closer, to obviate the poor kid's anguish and tiredness.
And… He doesn't.
(Okay: I don't understand or accept his inability to notice the kid's discomfort. …I want to take back my vote! :) )

Sure, I'm drunk. But am I wrong?
进行 ...

Reply #1691
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J679NT-ma8[/video]

Reply #1692
His acceptance speech was good. But my criticism remains unanswered… Who the heck was that kid, and why was The Donald so oblivious?
Look out, world!
进行 ...

Reply #1693
Well unfortunately Oaky you got it wrong because of you look at his eyes he is not in the right angle for the blouse dear man.
If you were a man, you'd know how to look…

(BTW: It was a joke! The woman was his wife…)
进行 ...

Reply #1694
The wife and I are packing our bags for the move to Canada.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPGPAnPNa8[/video]

Reply #1695
Not Mexico!? :) You racist SOB! (Sure, you're okay with black people… But you're still white! And you are moving to one of the "white-est" countries in the world,)
Where would you have moved, if Hillary had won? :) Nigeria?
进行 ...

Reply #1697
A similar rush for the exit was seen in the UK in the wake of the 2015 general election and this summer's Brexit vote – an issue that the European Union is looking to potentially solve by allowing people to keep their European citizenship.
It's not so surprising, how little of what people cite they actually read… :)
进行 ...

Reply #1698
Shameless.
RJ was right all the time!
(Now I have to re-read all his posts.)

Reply #1699
Oh, goodness! I'd thought you wanted to learn English… :)

BTW @ iSang: the polls said something else… Don't you wish your fantasies were closer to reality?

And it will be interesting, to see how Obama handles the transition. I mean, considering what he's already said…
But he's a "progressive" like you. So, he'll — Oops! What now? :)

Of course, you'll be moving to Canada (…not Mexico!). But -seriously- don't you hope a Trump presidency will be successful?
Of course not! :)
进行 ...