Skip to main content
Topic: Intellectual debate on DnD (Read 19563 times)

Re: Intellectual debate on DnD

Reply #25
Oh dar you are so self smug you cannot see your own ignorance. You live in books and think automatically makes you intelligent and being a monk-like person in your house has given you grandiose ideas. Anything too direct is a problem as you do like to hide behind words. As someone who has oft been in the middle of things in my land and the media I smile at you. So keep up the snarls and insults laddie as I do make allowances for you not meeting people and your self assessment has showed more than you realise. Call me what you like as mixing with people in person is beyond you! :hat: :sing:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #26
The thread was a nice idea, but it appears that it doesn't work well.

You're right. It was a good thread that should had lived more.

Even so, I think that DnD still has more intellectual debate than all the Facebooks of this world.
We are bad, but the others are much worst.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #29
Force of habit? (Hey, somebody had to say it… :) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #30
Force of habit? (Hey, somebody had to say it…  :)  )

The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #32
The habit? It's in the preponderance of her actions. Is there another way to define the term?
进行 ...

Reply #33
The above photograph shows nowhere anything that can be identified as a nun.
For some reason, probably fetishist dreams, Midnight Raccoon imagined her as a nun... it could be a nurse...
We jumped from intellectual debate into freudian delirium, which seems more to be the forum's motto.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #34
I took a nun out for a meal once as she was a teacher and treated he due to her moving elsewhere. I worked for a time in a State RC school and everyone thought it hilarious that on that nearby restaurant an Orangeman and a nun were having a chortling and cheery lunch. She was around 30 and very snappily dressed n a light grey very neat modern suit and enjoyed the meal (being with me of course!)

Reply #35
For some reason, probably fetishist dreams, Midnight Raccoon imagined her as a nun... it could be a nurse...
We jumped from intellectual debate into freudian delirium, which seems more to be the forum's motto.

You're over psychoanalyzing it. That was just a play on Howie's redsocks trope, which I still don't get. Does the Pope wear redsocks as some kind of Vatican tradition or something :confused:

Reply #37
A good way to skip round the truth man from Iberia.

Reply #38
What truth would he be skipping around? If the Pope indeed wore red socks, it might have been in memory of saint or whatever (or even of Christ's wounds; since he was nailed to the cross by his hands or wrists and feet.) But since he doesn't, it seems silly to accuse of wearing that color socks as if that was crime against anything but fashion. Have you noticed that William of Orange looks a little genderqueer, though?

Reply #39
A little?!

Reply #40
Got curious, looked it up: Cardinals and the Pope do, indeed, wear red garments--- including socks. It does have significant meaning too, signifying that the Cardinal is willing to lay down his life for the faith.

The other information I was able to find concerning red socks has to do with a major-league baseball team in Boston.

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/30649/what-do-red-garments-represent-for-leaders-in-the-catholic-church
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #41
Okay, that makes sense and is far more sensible than using "red socks" as slur against them.

Reply #42
If the Pope indeed wore red socks, it might have been in memory of saint or whatever (or even of Christ's wounds; since he was nailed to the cross by his hands or wrists and feet.)

He wears red shoes, not red socks. And he dines regularly with Rjhowie.

Reply #43
And he dines regularly with Rjhowie.

Well he used to. One fateful night, in a fit of drunken, jealous rage over the papal wardrobe; Howie mugged Pope Francis of his favorite red socks by threatening to empty a bottle or Irn Bru down his throat if he didn't surrender them. After that unseemly debacle, His Holiness understandably canceled all future dinner engagements.

Reply #44
Cardinals have some red clothes, bishops purple. None wears red socks.
The Pope wears black shoes and black socks as elegance and good taste demands.
Priests wears black and nuns can wear white, dark blue or black depending on the Congregation.
Monks wears black or brown.

As an important note, English and even more their subdits the Scotish are known all over the world by their bad taste. So they create a church for them. Also for their King could keep on killing wifes regardless the dress colour.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #45
Must say that Belfrager os not too correct and maybe jimbro is nearer the coloured shoes direction. And I would have luch with the Pope no bother at all and I would tell him where they are wrong and convert him. Mind you he would have to be a good Proddy for a time before I could have him initiated into the 1st degree on the O/Order. It just came back to me that I had lunch with another nun and she was not to happy about the role of women in that lot.  Knowing that Church's history that made a nice wee change.

Well i did get a laugh about Belfrager mumbling about our bad taste. Portugal lives off EU handouts as it cannot run itself and we tend to subside small and inefficient countries. Amusing that they tend to be old red shoes countries who missed out on the Glorious Reformation. We are gererous to a fault even to the incapable moaners.

Reply #46
And I would have luch with the Pope no bother at all and I would tell him where they are wrong and convert him.

You'll never have lunch not even with the Pope's dogs. Well, maybe as their food.  :devil:
A protestant appetizer...  :lol:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #47
Pope's dogs? Ah, oh his followers and all those cow-towed? Ah, yeah right!

Reply #48
I admit, I hate the silly panache
that permeates these posts, and even mine!
What we mean to say seems never benign
and never vicious enough to resign

us to "banned" status… But we skirt the edge!
Why? Well, we're used to arguing; and we
like the give-and-take of it! There's a glee
in disputation that men take, the hedge

being no barrier! They'll jump — and like-
ly make it: They've trained all their lives for this!
Arguing is what they do. Then, they'll kiss
their interlocutor; and ask What pike

skewered me?
"Well, scholar, t'was only the
prong of your own philosophy," said he…

"Had you not demurred you would have been rash!"

(should I continue…?)
进行 ...

Reply #49
(should I continue…?)

yes :)
(Not that I like too much your modernist poetry style... but no one's perfect and, besides, I protect the Arts.)
A matter of attitude.