Skip to main content
Topic: Thank you and a question (Read 1794 times)

Thank you and a question

First up, thank you a great deal to the people behind Otter. I am a long time user of Opera, from version 3 or 4 I think, and it was a great disappointment when they moved to the chrome engine.

So it was great to see smart people moving to still give us a great browser, and for free. Well done!

And now my question. I am using Win7 x64 SP1, Otter 0.9.10 weekly #108 (installed using win setup.exe) , Qt 5.5.1, 64-bit browser. (I found the 32 bit otter crashes a lot.)

Youtube videos play fine. But some sites, such as opb.org, the videos give me a blue lego cube and a message "flash plugin failed to load". I have updated my flash software  to the nth degree, and it works fine on IE and Firefox.

I've tried other weekly versions but same deal.

I searched this forum. Maybe it's just me. I can't find anything that deals with this problem.

So I don't understand what's happening and what I can do about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
-Otto

Re: Thank you and a question

Reply #1
Try to configure settings for the site => blocked content =>

Reply #2
@Otto Lutrinae, as noted by ovas, it could be blocked by content blocking (if you are using it).
It could be also some issue in QtWebKit, please try to reproduce that using test-qtwebkit.exe.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #3
I'm back!
I should have said this a lot earlier, but thank you to those who responded to my query.
I followed up on your suggestions and after a lot of messing about, I have now got it working -- 64 bit flash in 64 bit otter.
I am not exactly sure which step got it working but the missing link seemed to be that otter 64 did not believe it had a flash plugin. But otter 32 did.
Now they are both working.
It did not have anything to do with content blocking in the end but giving me an idea to chase down led me to the solution.
Thanks again
-Otto