Skip to main content
Topic: What's going on in the Caliphate, and the affected neighbourhood? (Read 78559 times)

Re: What's going on in the Caliphate, and the affected neighbourhood?

Reply #250

Certainly, the European powers had nothing to do with it! :)

The truth is they had. Name it Coalition of the Willing...

Reply #251
The truth is they had. Name it Coalition of the Willing...
I was referring to events leading up to and subsequent to WW I … You know: The break up of the Ottoman Empire. :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #252
Putin's responsible!

Reply #253
That would be a change from the place that is usually" responsible."  Wonder where that would be.....?  :idea:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #255
Bad enough dealing with the ex-colonist imperialism without the mental tartan braining that goes on here. If you ask emotional Caledonians what the national dress is they will gob out it is the kilt. Balderdash. On language you get Gaelic. Nonsense. Then throw in the dashed bagpipes. Groan.  Not surprised that Scots who drifted across the pond got so easily morphed into the emotional stuff there. Me?  I remain a positive Lowlander.  :knight:

Reply #256
In other words, you don't get along with anybody… :) Why am I not surprised?
I'd hazard the guess, that you're only really comfortable in your outhouse. Is that where you keep your telly? :)
进行 ...

Reply #257
Dear, oh dear, you do make yourself look daft. Having said ages ago I have been interviewed on the BBC been written about in a book, spoke at meetings including public rallies whereas you are practicing being a hermit? I don't need to contradict you really as self producing daftness is your forte.

Reply #258
If you ask emotional Caledonians what the national dress is they will gob out it is the kilt. Balderdash. On language you get Gaelic. Nonsense. Then throw in the dashed bagpipes. Groan.

But you're a bit of cliche yourself, still participating in parades celebrating Protestants defeating Catholics in battle that took place in the 1600's and going to Orange lodges if such a thing wasn't as ridiculous as going around in a kilt and speaking Gaelic on an everyday basis. If you think your activities are still relevant in 2016, you're just as "brained" as you think the rest of us are.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #259
And RC's in Spain who have had centuries old parades dressed in poked hats and very much like the KKK. The Reformation was an important step in cleaning the spiritual garden of the weeds. Interesting that people with would-be open and liberal minds only follow that if something suits tem so a bit of a contradiction. There is in practical terms much more going on than celebrating battles of the 17th century such as charitable work running well into 6-figures and such. I will make allowances for your restricted brain but maybe when older and more mature the restricted grey cells will be much improved.

Reply #260
I think I got it. Old parades in Spain are bad because they are RC. Old parades in Scotland are OK because they are Protestant.
Everything makes sense now. :left:

Reply #261
An ex-colonist trying to be intelligent? Wow. A rather silly answer and my comment is factual. Maybe that Spanish nonsense is where your KKK got the idea? I have no problem with individual RC's at all and my argument is on a principled level. Based on your daftness the Iberian thing is okay one takes it? My Order had a festival in the main square of my city and amongst those invited was the Archbishop of the RC Church. He to his credit did not get his secretary to reply but did so personally saying he would be on the Continent but he would send two representatives tt the all day events.  They cam had a very good welcome and treated as the guests they were. At the end late in the afternoon they said both had a tremendous time and praised their treatment and the day.

Things like this are no use to you due to the closed mind and ignorance level. Stick to the child level until old enough to use the adult brain.

Reply #262
Shut up Rjhowie, at Easter you pagans are very lucky not being crucified.
I'm tired of protestant jews.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #263
Quite a telling application of "Christian" charity there, Bel! :)
进行 ...

Reply #264
You again?
:irked:

:lol:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #265
I think I got it. Old parades in Spain are bad because they are RC. Old parades in Scotland are OK because they are Protestant.
Everything makes sense now.

You got it! That's our Howie for you. He even invokes the KKK, as if they have anything to do with it :yes: I wonder if he knows that being a Protestant is a requirement for joining the hate group? :left:
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #266
I am not an American so ignorance does not count. Maybe Belfrager is envious of those oddballs in Spain. Always the same when ex-colonists are challenged for their lack, knowledge of the world and shout abuse to cover the ignorance. By keeping up the abuse it saves trying to be a brain user dear Yank.

Reply #267
The Syrian army took Palmyra back with the help of the Russians, congratulations keep on going for the rest.
Americans announces they killed Isis leader, welldone. Others will appear but each one would be weaker and weaker.

If the several European's intelligence services start working in cooperation that can signify Isis defeat at all the fronts by restricting and neutralizing the hidden terrorist cells.

The challenge consists in how to give power to security without take liberty from the people.
The first step is done by not confusing terrorists and refugees, terrorists and migrants and not accept extraordinary measures to turn permanent. That would be Isis triumph, living in fear.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #268
Palmyra went to high skies. Nothing will bring it back. Foreign forces in the area have only added to bad blood.

Reply #269
Palmyra went to high skies. Nothing will bring it back. Foreign forces in the area have only added to bad blood.

What do you mean? that Palmyra should be left to the ones that destroiy it?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #270

What do you mean? that Palmyra should be left to the ones that destroiy it?

And what do you mean? Do you mean Palmyra should be back in the hands of those who withdrew from there and permitted its destruction? After its destruction, Palmyra is worthless regardless who is in possession of it.

Foreign forces in the area have brought about the turmoil that caused the destruction of plenty of heritage of humanity. Such as entire Iraq. Not to mention human lives. American invasion brought about the first suicide attacks in Iraq after a pause of a millennium.

Reply #271
[…] Palmyra is worthless regardless who is in possession of it.
Doesn't that say something about its inhabitants?
进行 ...

Reply #272
There were just tourists and archeologists in the ruins, no inhabitants in the relevant sense. The nearby city of Tadmur is a slightly different location and a slightly different topic.

Reply #273
Do you mean Palmyra should be back in the hands of those who withdrew from there and permitted its destruction?

Those were the guilty ones? not those that actualy destroyed it? Syryan army withdrew because they had no possibility of maintaining the position and now they reconquer it allowing no further devastation. I'm glad for that.
Foreign forces in the area have brought about the turmoil that caused the destruction of plenty of heritage of humanity. Such as entire Iraq. Not to mention human lives. American invasion brought about the first suicide attacks in Iraq after a pause of a millennium.

Isis are foreign forces as well and the only ones known for a deliberated, systematic and criminal destruction of historical patrimony.

I make no defense of American errors, I applaud the legytimate Syrian forces victory.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #274
And I applaud the same forces too so long may that success over there continue.